Author Topic: People are out of their fucking minds  (Read 1990 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: People are out of their fucking minds
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 07:14:04 PM »
Santorum?  Really?  Fucking morons.  ::)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

Again - Santorum is getting ahead b attacking Obama/Romney care and going for the throat of thugghettobama.   

there was a clear opportunity for all the candidates and RS went for it.  Newt had his chance and got in the mud w Romney.   Perry got in the mud w romney, and Ron Paul is bot even trying to win. 

I am just speaking as an observer here. 

Romeny is Obama lite. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
Obama has now hit 60% chance of winning re-election in Intrade.

the bulk of the nation has no faith in romney.

if they're looking at santorum as an option.... lol...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 07:52:53 PM »
Santorum Supporters

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
If they're looking for the best way to force people to vote for Obama, they're doing a great job of it with Santorum.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 07:56:44 PM »
If they're looking for the best way to force people to vote for Obama, they're doing a great job of it with Santorum.

People have short memories and RS will get the geezer vote as well as blue collar white demos who hate thugbama due to keystone, energy inflation, and his flirting w the far left gay movement.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 08:05:28 PM »

People have short memories and RS will get the geezer vote as well as blue collar white demos who hate thugbama due to keystone, energy inflation, and his flirting w the far left gay movement.
I'm not saying he wouldn't get any votes.  I'm saying there are going to be a lot of people who voted for Obama and don't want to vote for him again who will vote for him again if he's up against Santorum.

I wouldn't fucking doubt it if the democratic party is funneling money to Santorum.  Obama's got to be happy as shit knowing he won't have to do much of anything to rally his base.  He'll get votes from people who are royally pissed at him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 08:09:40 PM »
I'm not saying he wouldn't get any votes.  I'm saying there are going to be a lot of people who voted for Obama and don't want to vote for him again who will vote for him again if he's up against Santorum.

I wouldn't fucking doubt it if the democratic party is funneling money to Santorum.  Obama's got to be happy as shit knowing he won't have to do much of anything to rally his base.  He'll get votes from people who are royally pissed at him.

look other than Ron Paul, Paul Ryan, rand Paul, Sarah, sen Johnson from Wisconsin, and a few others,  the GOP is utterly worthless. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »
in his own words-  santorum will open up a lot of the govt to be run by christian law.  "We are made by God to be free, but we also must abide by God's law" was his quote.

nothing wrong with that, right?  it's not like other religions would use this opening to do things like, oh, implementing sharia law.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 08:13:08 PM »
in his own words-  santorum will open up a lot of the govt to be run by christian law.  "We are made by God to be free, but we also must abide by God's law" was his quote.

nothing wrong with that, right?  it's not like other religions would use this opening to do things like, oh, implementing sharia law.

Have you ever heard the concept of Natural Law? 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 08:15:31 PM »
Only good quality I can see so far about Santorum is that he doesn't support the Military Authorization Act (just like Obama didn't support the Patriot Act  ::))

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »
Only good quality I can see so far about Santorum is that he doesn't support the Military Authorization Act (just like Obama didn't support the Patriot Act  ::))

I have to admit his focus on blue collar construction and manufacturing jobs is very good to me.  Of course the religious crap annoys me, but he gets it on the need for manufacturing and blue collar jobs in America to be brought back whereas Romney is a big box import cheap crap. Type of guy. 

IF we want to consume we need to produce! 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 08:23:03 PM »

I think I understand the concept of natural law, but how does taht relate to his post?  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 08:27:22 PM »
I think I understand the concept of natural law, but how does taht relate to his post?  ???

When some people bring up God they are doing so in terms of natural law.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »
When some people bring up God they are doing so in terms of natural law.

I don't get it, but that's probably because I'm ignorant!  8)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
I don't get it, but that's probably because I'm ignorant!  8)

Not at all.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »
I seriously doubt that's his context.  Santorum is pure scum, zero way I'm voting for him.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 10:56:37 PM »

Natural law does not equal theocracy...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 04:05:12 AM »
explain natural law, and how it justifies any politician saying we should base american law on 'the rules of god'.

cause to me, it's a damn slippery slope.  The same people screaming we should use the bible to write state law are also screaming about the danger of using sharia law to write US law.

Maybe BOTH religions need to stay away from govt law?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 07:25:27 AM »
Natural law is the basis of this country and its constitution... Think: John Locke, "unalienable rights" in the Declaration of Independence, your rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," etc.

http://mises.org/daily/2426

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 08:13:50 AM »

Does someone have a link to that article please?  I found a video where he was talking about abortion...is that where this quote comes from?

R

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 08:19:19 AM »

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »
I have to admit his focus on blue collar construction and manufacturing jobs is very good to me.  Of course the religious crap annoys me, but he gets it on the need for manufacturing and blue collar jobs in America to be brought back whereas Romney is a big box import cheap crap. Type of guy. 

IF we want to consume we need to produce! 

Several points:
1. There's nothing special about manufacturing and there's no reason why we should give it special tax exemptions instead of just lowering taxes across the board (unless the former is politically feasible and the latter is not).
2. There's nothing inherently bad about trade deficits.
3. Trade deficits/surpluses are determined by capital flows... and a major factor driving capital flowing into this country are the MASSIVE federal, state, and local budget deficits. Rick Santorum has no credible plan to actually tackle this problem, thus his manufacturing tax credit will not accomplish a trade surplus.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
Several points:
1. There's nothing special about manufacturing and there's no reason why we should give it special tax exemptions instead of just lowering taxes across the board (unless the former is politically feasible and the latter is not).
3. Trade deficits/surpluses are determined by capital flows... and a major factor driving capital flowing into this country are the MASSIVE federal, state, and local budget deficits. Rick Santorum has no credible plan to actually tackle this problem, thus his manufacturing tax credit will not accomplish a trade surplus.
1 problem.
Lowering taxes means less government spending. Theyve already set a precedent that theyre willing to increase taxes across the board in order to facilitate more government and more spending.
So what seems like a no brainer because indefinate failure. Because they simply will not make any changes in the government that would require them to "tighten the belt", or require them to decide what pet projects to axe. They just wont do it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 10:54:31 AM »
Several points:

Disagree - there is something very important about manufacting.   It allows for real creation of wealth by blue collar and regular working people.  It also have many many many ancillary off shoots that don't occur w walmarts, box stores, and other retail bs.