Author Topic: Vince's Video Blogs - Discussion and Updates  (Read 160079 times)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
Re: Vince's Video Blogs - Discussion and Updates
« Reply #900 on: July 30, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
I highly recommend you go on a carnivore diet, steak and eggs for 16 weeks straight, 3 days out, drop the protein and just eat white rice 500g 3 days out 1000 grams 2 days out 1500 g 1 day out. Stop water night before 10 pm. Rice cakes and jelly every 20 min day of the show before stage.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #901 on: July 30, 2018, 06:44:05 PM »
I highly recommend you go on a carnivore diet, steak and eggs for 16 weeks straight, 3 days out, drop the protein and just eat white rice 500g 3 days out 1000 grams 2 days out 1500 g 1 day out. Stop water night before 10 pm. Rice cakes and jelly every 20 min day of the show before stage.

How is V³ to go 15 weeks "straight" while eating meat?  And is not white rice, racist? What about Nature's Rice, aka rice of color, aka brown rice? 

To be honest, decent enough recommendations but as a dear friend used to say, "You can lead a pig to water but it's only going to muddy it up for the rest of the animals by wallowing in it".

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #902 on: July 30, 2018, 07:03:47 PM »
Vince you should let the collective members of Getbig prep you for the show! We can be your coaches, daily photo updates, we will increase/decrease you calories, cardio, training, supplements. We got a lot of smart people here dude!

Kwon3

« Reply #903 on: July 30, 2018, 07:23:15 PM »
Vince you should let the collective members of Getbig go and find an appropriate pastime for a 40 year old gay black man with no friends or conventional occupation

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #904 on: July 30, 2018, 07:29:26 PM »

No
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #905 on: July 30, 2018, 09:17:00 PM »
Vince you should let the collective members of Getbig prep you for the show! We can be your coaches, daily photo updates, we will increase/decrease you calories, cardio, training, supplements. We got a lot of smart people here dude!

There's some smart people and other folks like Kwon3 are victims of a polluted gene pool.   Your diet ideals of course would work only that with my issues with blood pressure, it would send it through the roof.   

A

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #906 on: July 31, 2018, 01:45:48 AM »
The industry is controlled by a scant few.  Prize money has increased but so have the number of athletes who can't afford to compete.  Lack of representation has diminished the voice of athletes to talking monkeys.  

Bullshit is piling up and the industry is circling the drain pipe.  Soon it will be just physique and modeling shows.  At that point, someone like Chris Colfer, Clay Aiken or a heroin addict could win the Mr Olympia.  

Free weights are being replaced with toning bands and drugs to compensate.  

I think you put too much focus on the business and drama side of it. We all know, -apart from a few exceptions-, that the costs of the lifestyle/competing supersedes the price money.
There has always been politics in bodybuilding, but the same goes for other sports (or 'sports', LOL)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #907 on: July 31, 2018, 04:41:24 AM »

There's some smart people and other folks like Kwon3 are victims of a polluted gene pool.   Your diet ideals of course would work only that with my issues with blood pressure, it would send it through the roof.   

So whats the current weight at?  245-255?  BF%?     You said you are going into NGA - you dieted down want to be what 185-195?  16 weeks I think is a little overly optimistic to reach that and look decent.  Need time for your system to accommodate the weight loss and fill out a little without looking gaunt and gangly.     

Whats the training like - basic BB w basic cardio? 

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #908 on: July 31, 2018, 10:08:07 AM »

How does one not get scurvy eating nothing but steak & eggs?  Is there a multivitamin involved or something?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #909 on: July 31, 2018, 11:40:53 AM »
So whats the current weight at?  245-255?  BF%?     You said you are going into NGA - you dieted down want to be what 185-195?  16 weeks I think is a little overly optimistic to reach that and look decent.  Need time for your system to accommodate the weight loss and fill out a little without looking gaunt and gangly.     

Whats the training like - basic BB w basic cardio? 

I think that Vince is the kind of guy that 'goes by feel'

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #910 on: July 31, 2018, 11:50:24 AM »
I think that Vince is the kind of guy that 'goes by feel'

Feel what - the layers of lard presently there?  Look - there is a way to get rid of fat fast cleanly - its called stop eating and do a lot of work.   Neither of which I think VG is mentally in that place for. 

Secondly - VG is now what 40 something?  Its not as easy now as say when he was in his late 20's early 30's.  He can Keto whatever the f he wants, eat chittlens and pork rinds and lard to his hearts content, but if he wants to get in anything resembling decent shape - not a stage which to me seems he needs minimum 52-64 weeks - he needs to get real.   

Its gonna suck - he needs boot camp workouts daily - diet restriction - stop FNG this southern BS cooking w biscuits gravy ocra chittlens grits or whatever the f they eat.   He needs straight broccoli - steamed white chicken breats, fish, and a little rice - a little - nothing else.   And gallons of water to drink.   No grape juice, OE, Colt 45, none of that crap. 

Lets see if it happens.     

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #911 on: July 31, 2018, 12:18:40 PM »
Feel what - the layers of lard presently there?  Look - there is a way to get rid of fat fast cleanly - its called stop eating and do a lot of work.   Neither of which I think VG is mentally in that place for. 

Secondly - VG is now what 40 something?  Its not as easy now as say when he was in his late 20's early 30's.  He can Keto whatever the f he wants, eat chittlens and pork rinds and lard to his hearts content, but if he wants to get in anything resembling decent shape - not a stage which to me seems he needs minimum 52-64 weeks - he needs to get real.   

Its gonna suck - he needs boot camp workouts daily - diet restriction - stop FNG this southern BS cooking w biscuits gravy ocra chittlens grits or whatever the f they eat.   He needs straight broccoli - steamed white chicken breats, fish, and a little rice - a little - nothing else.   And gallons of water to drink.   No grape juice, OE, Colt 45, none of that crap. 

Lets see if it happens.     

I'm not saying that 'by feel' is the way to go, rather the opposite. No need to make it complicated by eating this or that. It's just a matter of burning more calories than you're consuming. There are multiple ways to accomplish this, but tracking weight & calories is key.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #912 on: July 31, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #913 on: July 31, 2018, 12:45:38 PM »
I'm not saying that 'by feel' is the way to go, rather the opposite. No need to make it complicated by eating this or that. It's just a matter of burning more calories than you're consuming. There are multiple ways to accomplish this, but tracking weight & calories is key.

To me keto is nonsense - I like Dave P a lot and subscribe to his page - etc - but Keto is still gimmicky and not sustainable long term.  If Vince wants to lose FAT fast - he needs to restrict calories to 10x BW to start for a few weeks - then drop carbs each week.  Lets say he is 250lbs?   Start w 250 grams a day - and drop to 240 grams a day week 15, 230 week 14, 220 week 13, and so forth.   Keep protein high.  Needs to do fasted state cardio daily at 5 am for 45 minutes on stair master - FASTED.   Then at night do weights.  

He should get a pedometer or apple watch and make sure he is clocking in at least 5-8 miles a day walking activity.  

It can be done - but its certainly an uphill task.  

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #914 on: July 31, 2018, 12:50:03 PM »
How does one not get scurvy eating nothing but steak & eggs?  Is there a multivitamin involved or something?
Again do your research. This has all been explained through science, just have to look into it if you are interested.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #915 on: July 31, 2018, 12:54:20 PM »
To me keto is nonsense - I like Dave P a lot and subscribe to his page - etc - but Keto is still gimmicky and not sustainable long term.  If Vince wants to lose FAT fast - he needs to restrict calories to 10x BW to start for a few weeks - then drop carbs each week.  Lets say he is 250lbs?   Start w 250 grams a day - and drop to 240 grams a day week 15, 230 week 14, 220 week 13, and so forth.   Keep protein high.  Needs to do fasted state cardio daily at 5 am for 45 minutes on stair master - FASTED.   Then at night do weights.  

He should get a pedometer or apple watch and make sure he is clocking in at least 5-8 miles a day walking activity.  

Can he at least take advantage of the free pizza on Planet Fatness?

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #916 on: July 31, 2018, 01:04:28 PM »

Not sustainable? Dude, you obviously have never seen any of the ketogroups on Facebook or Instagram, people on this diet for 20-30 plus years without a single carb up. And lets say it isn't sustainable, it's definitely sustainable for 16 weeks. Steak and eggs, will lean him out fast and keep him strong, he can go the tilapia, egg white, cod, rice, route and be miserable, feel like shit, and not get anywhere near the amount of vitamins/minerals/essential fats/nourishment steak and eggs will provide for him. Hell that Jordan Peterson dude lost like 60 pounds and in his 50's and was barely even training. Plus his hormones will crash like no other on a low fat/carb cycle diet.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #917 on: July 31, 2018, 01:07:32 PM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #918 on: July 31, 2018, 01:09:20 PM »

Regarding macros, I would always opt for the middle way, like 30-40% of each macro nutrient.

Yep, Palumbo is a likable guy, but I would never hire him as a coach.

Fasted cardio has been debunked. It's OK to do so, but you won't burn more fat. It's the total calorie burn v.s. intake that matters.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #919 on: July 31, 2018, 01:11:59 PM »
Not sustainable? Dude, you obviously have never seen any of the ketogroups on Facebook or Instagram, people on this diet for 20-30 plus years without a single carb up. And lets say it isn't sustainable, it's definitely sustainable for 16 weeks. Steak and eggs, will lean him out fast and keep him strong, he can go the tilapia, egg white, cod, rice, route and be miserable, feel like shit, and not get anywhere near the amount of vitamins/minerals/essential fats/nourishment steak and eggs will provide for him. Hell that Jordan Peterson dude lost like 60 pounds and in his 50's and was barely even training. Plus his hormones will crash like no other on a low fat/carb cycle diet.

Keto works mainly in part because of the general calorie restriction and appetite suppresant abilities, not some miraculous thing to do w eating just fat and protein.  Even Dave Palumbo who is the biggest advocate of this says similar things.  Its easy diet to follow for people with no self-control.  

But if someone who is already fat at say 245 lbs eats 5-6k calories a day of steak and eggs and lard - and needs to lose weight - saying just go keto is not an answer.   There has to be calorie restriction at some level.  

Some people can make it work - in practical reality - for most people its a short lived unworkable mess.  The reason these people got fat in the first place was over consumption of foods - not the types of foods.   Not everyone - but most.        

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #920 on: July 31, 2018, 01:14:12 PM »

My body functions best on keto and its what I used for my last show.   The biggest issue I have is some medical issues that prevent me from utilizing some of my favorite supplements.  Age is also a big factor as well so I'm having to grind out the training routines.   But I had been working on things since March to get back into the mix so I'm not taking anything lightly.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #921 on: July 31, 2018, 01:15:23 PM »

My body functions best on keto and its what I used for my last show.   The biggest issue I have is some medical issues that prevent me from utilizing some of my favorite supplements.  Age is also a big factor as well so I'm having to grind out the training routines.   But I had been working on things since March to get back into the mix so I'm not taking anything lightly.

I hear ya!   None of are getting any younger!   

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #922 on: July 31, 2018, 01:16:43 PM »
Keto works mainly in part because of the general calorie restriction and appetite suppresant abilities, not some miraculous thing to do w eating just fat and protein.  Even Dave Palumbo who is the biggest advocate of this says similar things.  Its easy diet to follow for people with no self-control.  

But if someone who is already fat at say 245 lbs eats 5-6k calories a day of steak and eggs and lard - and needs to lose weight - saying just go keto is not an answer.   There has to be calorie restriction at some level.  

Some people can make it work - in practical reality - for most people its a short lived unworkable mess.  The reason these people got fat in the first place was over consumption of foods - not the types of foods.   Not everyone - but most.        
Lol, of course he has to eat in a deficit, but this diet will provide him with more saitiating foods, his blood sugar won't be all of the place, the beef will again provide way more nutrients than any amount of cod, tilapia, orange ruffy, canned tuna, and egg whites. And and top of it, it's less expensive, I know Vince likes to save money.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #923 on: July 31, 2018, 01:20:16 PM »
Lol, of course he has to eat in a deficit, but this diet will provide him with more saitiating foods, his blood sugar won't be all of the place, the beef will again provide way more nutrients than any amount of cod, tilapia, orange ruffy, canned tuna, and egg whites. And and top of it, it's less expensive, I know Vince likes to save money.

I tried it once and felt like hell.  But I think I did it wrong and went overboard too - eating bacon all the time, tuna and mayo, always worried i was getting knocked out of ketosis.   I was always testing my piss w those little sticks like a chick worried she was pregnant from being a slut.  Was a pain in the ass. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #924 on: July 31, 2018, 01:22:11 PM »
AFAIK, it was Chris Aceto who adjusted his diet plans, depending on what his clients prefer; high carb/low fat or low carb/high fat. I think that's a very smart approach, since everyone responds different to a given diet plan, both mentally and physically.