Author Topic: Romney/Ryan VICTORY Thread.  (Read 6298 times)

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
Re: Romney/Ryan VICTORY Thread.
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »
LANDSLIDE COMING!!

CANT BE A LANDSLIDE IF YOU CAN"T WIN THE POPULAR VOTE

ALSO SOMEONE START A SUICIDEWATCH FOR THAT MCWAY PUTZ

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2012, 08:55:45 PM »
Charles Krauthammer giving a nice list of why GOP lost.... the reason?  A weak GOP field.

This is pretty much what clueless libs said long ago.

He said Romney was the only one that was remotely electable.

I would say they lost because they lied to the point of hilarity, the party is a joke now, all but a few good repubs remain. The party needs to get off the far right ledge and stop with the religious, woman hating bullshit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »
I would say they lost because they lied to the point of hilarity, the party is a joke now, all but a few good repubs remain. The party needs to get off the far right ledge and stop with the religious, woman hating bullshit.

Romney did lie.  A lot.  He did change his position, a great deal.

He was just a terrible candidate.  If you could have invented a movie character as the worst possible out-of-touch rich dude running for prez, it would have been mitt.

He had SO MANY moments that would have sunk ANY other campaign.  He ignored reporters for the entire LAST MONTH.   He painted himself orange to go be on univision.

He was McCain II.    That's it.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2012, 09:00:55 PM »

He was just a terrible candidate.  If you could have invented a movie character as the worst possible out-of-touch rich dude running for prez, it would have been mitt.

He had SO MANY moments that would have sunk ANY other campaign.  He ignored reporters for the entire LAST MONTH.   He painted himself orange to go be on univision.

Now you are sounding like an idiot.

Romney was worlds better than Mccain and better than Obama.  If the media was so democrat....

I just don't get it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »

240, just curious...

You predicted a Romney win earlier just by a hair.  What prompted that decision?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »
240, just curious...

You predicted a Romney win earlier just by a hair.  What prompted that decision?

I believed the NARRATIVE was so strong, that it would happen.  An upset that would make for amazing ratings over 2 weeks of counts, etc.

Many obama voters didn't bother.   I knew that.  Independents went romney's way, sure.

However - I underestimated how much the republican base hated Romney - and it appears they didn't bother to vote for him.

I didn't realize how much far-right republicans, actual constitutional conservatives, hated Romney.    Now I do.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2012, 09:04:56 PM »
I believed the NARRATIVE was so strong, that it would happen.  An upset that would make for amazing ratings over 2 weeks of counts, etc.

Many obama voters didn't bother.   I knew that.  Independents went romney's way, sure.

However - I underestimated how much the republican base hated Romney - and it appears they didn't bother to vote for him.

I didn't realize how much far-right republicans, actual constitutional conservatives, hated Romney.    Now I do.
I don`t think thats the case at all.  They ALL voted for Romney using the Anyone but Obama logic.  They voted more so than normal.  They didn`t vote for Romney, they voted against Obama and did so in as large numbers as they could muster up.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2012, 09:05:09 PM »
Can we kill this thread yet?

Seems silly since there is no victory here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »
I don`t think thats the case at all.  They ALL voted for Romney using the Anyone but Obama logic.  They voted more so than normal.  They didn`t vote for Romney, they voted against Obama and did so in as large numbers as they could muster up.

I think we will see the Repub voting numbers were down from 2004.

I remember that 18% of the 2004 voters just stayed home in 2008.  

I wonder how many stayed home this time?  

There needs to be a HUGE change in the GOP.  They don't know if they're reagan or ron paul or RINOs or what.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »
Can we kill this thread yet?

Seems silly since there is no victory here.

Not yet.  We are still waiting on MCWAY to post Florida`s early voting data and that Video in Ohio and the rest of his "stats".

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2012, 09:13:32 PM »
Not yet.  We are still waiting on MCWAY to post Florida`s early voting data and that Video in Ohio and the rest of his "stats".
Then this thread will never die!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »

My early voting data was already posted. As I said, Obama's numbers were down from 2008 and they were.

The question was whether Romney could close the gap with high GOP turnout. The answer to that obviously was "No".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2012, 09:15:23 PM »
I think we will see the Repub voting numbers were down from 2004.

I remember that 18% of the 2004 voters just stayed home in 2008.  

I wonder how many stayed home this time?  

There needs to be a HUGE change in the GOP.  They don't know if they're reagan or ron paul or RINOs or what.
Reagan would be a RINO at this point by todays GOP standards.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »
Wi CO PA NV?  how did they go obama?  illegals?  unions?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 09:18:20 PM »
all went to Obama because they have densely populated areas that vote democratic.

Pretty simple.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2012, 09:32:49 PM »
ROFLMAO are you REALLY in disbelief?  I bet you feel like you have been severely lied to.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2012, 09:39:16 PM »

Romney was worlds better than Mccain and better than Obama.  If the media was so democrat....

I just don't get it.

Just accept the fact your retarded...

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2012, 09:40:19 PM »

Illegals can't vote champ :D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2012, 09:43:06 PM »

Romney was worlds better than Mccain and better than Obama.  If the media was so democrat....

I just don't get it.
romney was a disaster.

No conviction in the guy.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2012, 09:44:01 PM »

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2012, 09:48:00 PM »
Reagan would be a RINO at this point by todays GOP standards.

That has more to do with limitations on what he was able to say and do during the time he was president. Philosophically he was just as conservative as any modern conservative.  Republicans weren't as "out of the closet" ideologically as they are today.  

Over the last thirty years the conservatives have been slowly introducing more rigidly conservative policy to the public and convincing them it is in their best interest. The idea was to introduce these policies incrementally as they might be rejected as to radical if introduced all at once and to quickly.
A

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2012, 09:58:55 PM »

The two most drastic options are a lurch toward even more social conservatism as the Santorums of the party argue that nominating moderates is a surefire way to lose, or a libertarian revolution. It's pretty obvious which of the two is more desirable.

The most likely option, meanwhile, is that 'Republican' will continue to be an umbrella term that refers to pretty disparate interests all clumped together. The party's electability in a given election cycle will be determined by what compromises the disparate groups come to that year; e.g., if the social conservatives manage to get anti-homosexual measures on the platform in exchange for concessions to the other party factions, the party will suffer since attitudes toward homosexuality are becoming more liberal by the decade.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »
Charles Krauthammer giving a nice list of why GOP lost.... the reason?  A weak GOP field.

This is pretty much what clueless libs said long ago.

He said Romney was the only one that was remotely electable.

Back when I used to post here regularly, this was one of my last posts (from a year ago) and it was actually a response to you:

I think 2012 is shaping up to look a lot like 2004. Democrats overestimated how much Bush was loathed and ended up getting behind a candidate no one was excited about. I think the Republicans have been trying to coronate their own electrifying star, but they all just end up imploding.  

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=403734.msg5750702#msg5750702

That post is from nearly a year ago. I kinda abandoned this board because 333's posts really rose to the level of spam at a certain point and it was obvious that even he didn't believe them. I made a few more posts after that, but that was the last post I made about the presidential election. Even though I would log on once in a while, and even though I would get the urge to jump into the fray once in a while, I was always like "Why bother? You know how this bullshit is gonna play out." It was completely obvious. No one was excited about Romney or any of his predecessors. No one was excited to meet him and no one was excited about his policies. He just seemed like maybe he was kinda sorta the best choice to possibly get the job done if no one else was available.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2012, 10:46:51 PM »
I kinda abandoned this board because 333's posts really rose to the level of spam at a certain point

Snorlax

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2012, 10:51:07 PM »
Back when I used to post here regularly, this was one of my last posts (from a year ago) and it was actually a response to you:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=403734.msg5750702#msg5750702

That post is from nearly a year ago. I kinda abandoned this board because 333's posts really rose to the level of spam at a certain point and it was obvious that even he didn't believe them. I made a few more posts after that, but that was the last post I made about the presidential election. Even though I would log on once in a while, and even though I would get the urge to jump into the fray once in a while, I was always like "Why bother? You know how this bullshit is gonna play out." It was completely obvious. No one was excited about Romney or any of his predecessors. No one was excited to meet him and no one was excited about his policies. He just seemed like maybe he was kinda sorta the best choice to possibly get the job done if no one else was available.

welcome back brutha  8)