Author Topic: working nights and training  (Read 4395 times)

roc

• Getbig III
working nights and training
« on: April 01, 2008, 12:02:31 PM »
       anybody here work 7p/7a?
 and do you prefer to train when you get off work or when you wake up in the afternoon? i find it brutally difficult to train when i get up. if i have to lift that day it is when i get off work.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: working nights and training
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:06:33 PM »
I work similar hours and I try to train on days that I have off that way I can sleep in a little longer.  I work ten hour shifts and get three days off in a week so I try to work out then.  If that is not possible I try to catch a nap and then work out.  that way I have slept a little and renewed enough energy to get in a good workout.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:08:53 PM »
I wa a night stocker back in the day.  Sucked.  Too tired at 3 pm when you wake up.  Best time is probably on the way to work.  If I worked a "real" job where I had to get dressed everyday now, I'd have to train on the way TO work.  Training at night after a long stressful day = too much for me.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:11:48 PM »
what kind of job is it?  Come to think of it, if it's a job with little supervision where you have influence over mgmt/ownership, I'd probably find a way to convince them to let you keep a small bench (or even just a barbell set) on the premises somewhere quiet.  You could at the very least do your arm and shoulder days at work.  That'd leave 3 workouts a week to do on your own time. 

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 12:12:28 PM »
       anybody here work 7p/7a?
 and do you prefer to train when you get off work or when you wake up in the afternoon? i find it brutally difficult to train when i get up. if i have to lift that day it is when i get off work.

I did night shift for 5 years and had some of the best workouts then. Working out at the end of the shift i.e. morning, just before you are about to sleep is a bad idea - you are already tired from having stayed up all night and the workout will elevate your heart rate and metabolism temporarily for a few hours, which isn't going to let you have a good quality, deep sleep - your body actually slows down to prepare itself for sleep in the couple of hours before.

Wake up, have 2 strong cups of black coffee with a couple of caffeine pills and workout on an empty stomach. You'll be fresh after a good sleep and it will keep you nice and alert the whole night, as well as keep your metabolism churning so that you can eat properly every few hours.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 12:15:09 PM »
Wake up, have 2 strong cups of black coffee with a couple of caffeine pills and workout on an empty stomach.

How many caff pills have you taken at once?  I take 1 and I get super-alert.  I can't imagine two.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 12:16:10 PM »
i drink so much coffee , these caffein pills doesnt work for me neither does the coffee to wake up.

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »
     i work in a emergency room and im runnin all night but it doesnt make a difference wether im busy or not,
if i do a four day stretch im wasted for 24 to 36hrs. day time sleep is brutal, especially in the summer!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 12:20:36 PM »
    i work in a emergency room and im runnin all night but it doesnt make a difference wether im busy or not,
if i do a four day stretch im wasted for 24 to 36hrs. day time sleep is brutal, especially in the summer!!

maybe you are verloskundige?

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »
that would be extremely hard on my stomach, i have found that hitting a red bull helps but overall trying to get optimum production from a workout post nights is just grinding.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »
back when i was 21 i worked 6p to 6am monday-saterday, running a cnc machine, did it for 2 years, i dont believe i ever worked out duing those two years, just wasnt time, get home from work and my family is up and making noise and the fuking california heat and sun light is impossible to get a good rest, after the 8 hours of sleep if lucky only gives you about 4 hours for to choose between more sleep, eating, relaxing, or pussy. I chose more sleep!

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 12:51:19 PM »
I worked from 10pm till 7am. with an 1hr half drive to and from work.  The best time to train is after you get up.  I would wake around 3-4pm and have a one or two meals before hitting the gym around 6.  Then come home eat again and head out for work.  This way I already had 3 meals down before I even started work.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »
       anybody here work 7p/7a?
just load up the french fry holders and press them on your 10 minute coffee breaks, great workout and you'll be back to slinging those fries with a pump.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 02:18:57 PM »
I worked overnights at a broadcast station in the master control room for 24 years and I was at my peak.  Not competitive level mind you, but visible external obliques (through the shirt), a six pack, shoulders and biceps that nicely strained the sleeves.  After I was laid off from that job, I have gone to shit from concentrating on the job search.  I now work days, and I can not find any workout opportunities.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 02:54:34 PM »
       anybody here work 7p/7a?
after work.

bench

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 03:09:12 PM »
hammer stregnth equipment make it easier to train on those tired ass days post night work.  as opposed to using free weights that require all thos extra stablizer muscles.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 03:15:58 PM »
quit your job, move to Venice and live the dream.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »
quit your job, move to Venice and live the dream.

Lmao  ;D

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 01:50:35 AM »
I work from 5:30 pm to 2:30 pm.  I also work a lot of overtime though.  The hardest thing for me is not so much the training but eating enough. 

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 01:59:42 AM »
i work 12 hour shifts... so to workout afterwards kills me becuase im so tired. the thing that sucks is i started to train one hour after i wakeup..... my fing joints hurt like hell becuase im still waking up so i push alot less weight, but thats the only way i can train now. on my days off when i sleep in and train i push a lot more weight. sucks training in the morning with not much calories in my system,.
real men= no rubbers

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 06:17:36 AM »
I work from 5:30 pm to 2:30 pm.  I also work a lot of overtime though.  The hardest thing for me is not so much the training but eating enough. 

Damn, those 21 hour shifts must be a killer!

:D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 06:51:17 AM »
       anybody here work 7p/7a?

Seriously consider getting a new job with regular hours.  That night shift crap is silly, the whole world revolves around a day job.  Why make it so hard on yourself, you will never be in sync.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 09:36:24 AM »
Damn, those 21 hour shifts must be a killer!

:D
;D
E

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 10:34:31 AM »
       anybody here work 7p/7a?

I used to work graveyard about 11 years ago. Personally, I preferred training right after work, just get it done, and go home and crash.
HAHA, RON.....