Author Topic: This is disturbing  (Read 1298 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
This is disturbing
« on: July 23, 2007, 10:04:09 AM »
Why are we waiting for the GOV'T to do the right thing?   >:(

Do we, as a nation, REALLY CARE to keep our citizens safe?   :-\

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=3371

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: This is disturbing
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 11:45:38 AM »
Because we're more worried about offending somebody. Case in point...The dems voting down the bill that would make it hard or impossible to sue a John Doe whistle blower, last week.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
Because we're more worried about offending somebody. Case in point...The dems voting down the bill that would make it hard or impossible to sue a John Doe whistle blower, last week.
HUH??? Did you even watch the video???  It had absolutely nothing to do with offending someone...  Sky Harbor TSA security went home at night and left all security to regular security.... Republicans have equally not given a rats ass about security and given that includes the president, I'd say republicans have intentionally done far less.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 12:20:05 PM »
Why are we waiting for the GOV'T to do the right thing?   >:(

Do we, as a nation, REALLY CARE to keep our citizens safe?   :-\

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=3371
If you're thinking about overthrowing the government and installing a government by the people for the people... gee, don't let me stop you :)

... just don't be shocked if it reflects a citizenry that isn't as rightwing as you'd hoped for...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 12:56:49 PM »
In this instance, it was laziness. In general, we're not doing enough period. Its mostly because we don't have the will to do whats right. Searching those who really need to be search. profiling etc. Your guns would be the first to go in any take-over. No leftist government is going to allow any armed citizens after they take over.
L

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »
That ticked me off too!   >:(   How ignorant was that choice?  Basically they were saying, "if you tell the authorities of any legitimate suspicion that you might have about terrorist activity, we're fine with you receiving payback from other like-minded individuals."

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 01:09:54 PM »
If you're thinking about overthrowing the government and installing a government by the people for the people... gee, don't let me stop you :)

... just don't be shocked if it reflects a citizenry that isn't as rightwing as you'd hoped for...

::) Everything isn't rightwing/leftwing nutbaggery, bro.  ::)  Might be for you, but that's definitely not what I'm thinking here.

But I consider myself guilty of the idealism that we don't want another tragedy like September 11, 2001 to occur.  I'm sure that decision boiled down to money, and Sky Harbor's willingness to pay for the 24/7 security system from TSA.  I would think people would pay extra knowing that some sort of security was guaranteed. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 03:28:26 PM »

::) Everything isn't rightwing/leftwing nutbaggery, bro.  ::)  Might be for you, but that's definitely not what I'm thinking here.

But I consider myself guilty of the idealism that we don't want another tragedy like September 11, 2001 to occur.  I'm sure that decision boiled down to money, and Sky Harbor's willingness to pay for the 24/7 security system from TSA.  I would think people would pay extra knowing that some sort of security was guaranteed. 
The MAIN point to my post was, Government isn't doing its job... Not a government for the people or these days by the people imo... It's more of a by the corporation for the corporation... The right comment came because I thought you were a professed righty?  I thought I remember you making posts from a rightwing stance and Beach Bum told me way back that you were a gigantic righty that would stomp me into the ground.  He was going to sick you on me :P

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 12:25:05 PM »
The MAIN point to my post was, Government isn't doing its job... Not a government for the people or these days by the people imo... It's more of a by the corporation for the corporation... The right comment came because I thought you were a professed righty?  I thought I remember you making posts from a rightwing stance and Beach Bum told me way back that you were a gigantic righty that would stomp me into the ground.  He was going to sick you on me :P
lol!!!!   :D

Beach is right and so are you bro....I'm definitely a core conservative righty, but this was an issue that i thought was across the board for folks in America.  I was just coming at this from the standpoint that we shouldn't be waiting for the government to enforce safety issues.  We should want to do this on our own to prevent another tragedy.  But it's just a matter of time before it happens again, and no matter who's in office, we'll be blaming that administration, when allthewhile, the truth is that we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 05:34:23 AM »
lol!!!!   :D

Beach is right and so are you bro....I'm definitely a core conservative righty, but this was an issue that i thought was across the board for folks in America.  I was just coming at this from the standpoint that we shouldn't be waiting for the government to enforce safety issues.  We should want to do this on our own to prevent another tragedy.  But it's just a matter of time before it happens again, and no matter who's in office, we'll be blaming that administration, when allthewhile, the truth is that we have no one to blame but ourselves.
I totally understand. How do you recommend we the people affect changes needed and how do you go about the fact that not only are politicians not getting it done, but will actually in many cases work against these goals at the whim of a corporate need or other agenda?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 11:22:30 AM »
What ever guys.......

fact is we are not safe.  We are SOOOOOOO open for attack it's ridiculous. 

But instead of focusing on the real target......OBL, BUSH crapped the bed in Iraq and now OBL is strong again.

Meanwhile our borders are wide open, airport runways are with in firing distance from small weapons fire from unsecured access roads only protected in most cases by flimsy chain link fences and we are 400 billion in debt.   Billions of dollars that could have been used for real security in this country

AND

We are running around talking about being PC in airport security and blaming dems or repubs for that?

OMG....good grief.

America is filled with sheep with blinders and political ideas shoved up their asses.