Author Topic: Arnold Classic - Branch's win re Ifbb judging (serious discussion)  (Read 13689 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
i personally ifbb judgin is a disgrace the criteria is

biggest and hardest wins...
no matter is your built like a frog....
symmetry means nothing ... balance even less

branch has one of the thickest torso in bbing...
yet his arms look all of 19 inches....
awful physique

imo dennis wolf was the winner  or victor
nearly ever bber that competed at the arnold had a better structure than branch.

i respect branch's worth ethic.. but he shouldnt have won yesterday...
not a good day for bbing
choice is an illusion

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: Branches win yesterday. Ifbb judging (serious discussion)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »
agree, branch doesnt need the heart attack grill to step out.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:50:09 AM »
Everytime a black man doesn't win it's the same cry "byyyaaahh, they don't award symmetry they don't award proportion" like that meant a fuck when Coleman was winning.  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 09:51:45 AM »
i personally ifbb judging n is a disgrace the criteria is
awful physique
imo  dennis wolf was the winner  or victor
nearly ever bber that competed at the arnold had a better structure than branch.
not a good day for bbing

Maybe they should start bringing a tape measure to the stage. Wolf looked good but compared to Branch he is incomplete. No lower back and no calves. You might not like the way Branches physique flows but with the exception of his arms not having the best shape, they were not out of proportion and his conditioning was unreal!

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
Maybe they should start bringing a tape measure to the stage. Wolf looked good but compared to Branch he is incomplete. No lower back and no calves. You might not like the way Branches physique flows but with the exception of his arms not having the best shape, they were not out of proportion and his conditioning was unreal!

Wolf has thicker spinal erectors then any other competitor.... you mean his lats don't extend down to his waist. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a lower back. As far as calves go they don't matter. They aren't judged in a show. Common joe loco. You know this. Wolf has high calves like Ronnie. They are developed too.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 09:54:12 AM »
branch doesnt have a lower back either.  branch next to wolf is an ugly midget. he looks fucked up in every pose except side tri and abthigh.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »
Everytime a black man doesn't win it's the same cry "byyyaaahh, they don't award symmetry they don't award proportion" like that meant a fuck when Coleman was winning.  ::)
not at all .. i had wolf winning....
its not about black or white at all
im just saying branch phsyique is out of whack dont you think symmetry and balance should count for anything?
choice is an illusion

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 09:55:39 AM »
Wolf has thicker spinal erectors then any other competitor.... you mean his lats don't extend down to his waist. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a lower back. As far as calves go they don't matter. They aren't judged in a show. Common joe loco. You know this. Wolf has high calves like Ronnie. They are developed too.

No, thats not what I'm talking about, I'm saying he has very little if any detail to his low back.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 09:59:15 AM »
(pics courtesy of ironmanjapan)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 10:01:10 AM »
his condition was amazing yes
branch has lacking bodyparts to
his arms are SMALL for hos monster chest and back
legs way to big for his upper body...
put it this way , he has more flaws than dennis
and his physique looks 10000 better than branches....
branch has zero symmetry. second best bodybuilder in the world....
no way

choice is an illusion

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 10:04:42 AM »
i personally ifbb judging n is a disgrace the criteria is
awful physique
imo  dennis wolf was the winner  or victor
not a good day for bbing

Totally agree. Wolf dominated of course. Too many structural flaws though. I would ha>e probably went with >ictor. Could'>e been drier of course, but best shape and proportions o>erall. E>an is knocking on the door as well. Bst combination of size, shape, and condition, IMO. Hell, e>en Dex looked better.

This just goes to illustrate how "bodybuilding" is just a cult acti>ity, run by a bunch of schmoes. Just like any other obscure "fetish" group. Sad.
"Sport"? Hahaha...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 10:04:55 AM »
branch doesnt have a lower back either.  branch next to wolf is an ugly midget. he looks fucked up in every pose except side tri and abthigh.

There's pic of branches lower back posted on here yesterday morning from prejudging, I can't find it but it was freaking ridiculous.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 10:05:13 AM »
The problem is how  do you score if not on mass and condition trumping all? Becasue if you base it on balance and aesthetics here is some news for you, guys like Flex and Ray would have never have lost to Dorian or Ronnie. It just isn't such a big deal becasue Doz and Ron had good structure and shape for the most part but they won on mass and condition. If they were all the same bodyweight then flex is never losing to Coleman.

Branch is a fucking mess but then again Ronnie was a mess compared to Ray, so what are you going to do.
Trans Milkshake.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 10:07:15 AM »
Branch's arms are too short, that's why his symmetry is not perfect.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 10:08:02 AM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 10:08:30 AM »
There's pic of branches lower back posted on here yesterday morning from prejudging, I can't find it but it was freaking ridiculous.

This is the pic I was looking for but I thought it was from yesterday....it's from 2009...but regardless!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »
not at all .. i had wolf winning....
its not about black or white at all
im just saying branch phsyique is out of whack dont you think symmetry and balance should count for anything?

I don't know if symmetry and balance should count for much. I'm fine if mass + conditioning decides the winner (like it most of the time has in history). I think you and some people are too harsh on Branch, he has been compared to t-rex, a bull and what else. He isn't handsome and he is gritty, but I think his physique is just fine.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 10:09:59 AM »

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 10:10:35 AM »

This is true. And Wolf or Ronnie can't do anything about their calf>es. They're just like Branch's forearms.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 10:11:21 AM »
This is the pic I was looking for but I thought it was from yesterday....it's from 2009...but regardless!
Ok.... thats 2009 though not 2011. Usually when they have a bodybuilding contest they judge the appearance from the current time.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 10:13:09 AM »

Both of their legs look fucking stupid.
Its pretty sad when their legs are so wide they cant stand normally.  :-\

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
In all seriousness i picked branch to win prior to the show and after prejudging. That however isn't in my opinion what should have happened. Part of my motives for judging have been molded by what typically wins. The other part is the voice in side my head which shouts what should win and Wolf SHOULD be the criteria of what should win. Evan was clearly the leanest person on stage but his presence needs work. A lot of things Evan did were amatursish such as his coloring. He also seemed to lack some confidence up there. He beat himself before he got up on that stage. As far as Victor goes, i can't stand the guy. He looked good at the ASC in 08 but i don't understand what all the hype is. Im surprised he got 4th. I don't think he will quite recover from that quad tear.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 10:18:31 AM »
The problem is how  do you score if not on mass and condition trumping all? Becasue if you base it on balance and aesthetics here is some news for you, guys like Flex and Ray would have never have lost to Dorian or Ronnie. It just isn't such a big deal becasue Doz and Ron had good structure and shape for the most part but they won on mass and condition. If they were all the same bodyweight then flex is never losing to Coleman.

Branch is a fucking mess but then again Ronnie was a mess compared to Ray, so what are you going to do.

A lot of people would say that Flex and Shawn should ha>e ne>er lost to Doz or Ronnie. And size and condition shouldn't trump all. The best combination of ALL aspects should win. And Branch is a much bigger mess than Ronnie on his worst day...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 10:19:19 AM »
In all seriousness i picked branch to win prior to the show and after prejudging. That however isn't in my opinion what should have happened. Part of my motives for judging have been molded by what typically wins. The other part is the voice in side my head which shouts what should win and Wolf SHOULD be the criteria of what should win. Evan was clearly the leanest person on stage but his presence needs work. A lot of things Evan did were amatursish such as his coloring. He also seemed to lack some confidence up there. He beat himself before he got up on that stage. As far as Victor goes, i can't stand the guy. He looked good at the ASC in 08 but i don't understand what all the hype is. Im surprised he got 4th. I don't think he will quite recover from that quad tear.
yesterday was the first time victor displayed a significant gut. hes on the down hill i think

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 10:30:29 AM »
I don't know if symmetry and balance should count for much. I'm fine if mass + conditioning decides the winner (like it most of the time has in history). I think you and some people are too harsh on Branch, he has been compared to t-rex, a bull and what else. He isn't handsome and he is gritty, but I think his physique is just fine.
i have nothing against branch i like branch .. i dont care about his face im not a woman so i couldnt know how to juge that
but .. im sorry wolf was in good condition too and his structure really makes branch looks bad... his combination of symmetry size and shape should have trumped branched size mass... branches phsyque is out of whack
choice is an illusion