Author Topic: Matt Morgan now doing physique  (Read 7129 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Re: Matt Morgan now doing physique
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2015, 01:56:35 PM »
Why would this dude tell vince what his current salary is with his job? I was always raised to think that shit was tacky to talk about how much u make

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2015, 01:59:20 PM »
Why would this dude tell vince what his current salary is with his job? I was always raised to think that shit was tacky to talk about how much u make

Melvin is once again pulling these numbers out of the gaping hole of his Goodrum to try & make himself look like an 'insider'.

No one in their right mind would even respond to his e-mails, let alone reveal their salaries.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2015, 03:44:39 PM »
Since WWE became a publicly traded company, the wrestler's salaries are freely available in their yearly reports. 

Of course, salaries in the past were a lot more than they are nowadays.
A

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2015, 06:47:11 AM »
Since WWE became a publicly traded company, the wrestler's salaries are freely available in their yearly reports. 

Of course, salaries in the past were a lot more than they are nowadays.

Do you have a link to said salaries,  cant seem to find one?

Also didn't you say Jericho was forced to retire after breaking a bone in his back in Japan? What happened?

Vince you're a good dude but as a troll you're top notch.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2015, 07:27:16 AM »
Do you have a link to said salaries,  cant seem to find one?

Also didn't you say Jericho was forced to retire after breaking a bone in his back in Japan? What happened?

Vince you're a good dude but as a troll you're top notch.

No link needed, just google it although some of the information is slightly off as they continuously sign new agreements

Jericho had one of those old 90's Lloyd's of London policies (they don't issue them anymore due to a lot of fraud) and he was going to use it to retire and play in his band.  However, the WWE offered a contract similar to the Rock....1 million dollars a year, percentage of merchandising, first class accomodations, and a part time wrestling schedule at house shows.  

Deals like that are too hard to pass up.....not only that, Fozzie sucks pretty bad.

A

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2015, 08:18:27 AM »

No link needed, just google it although some of the information is slightly off as they continuously sign new agreements

Jericho had one of those old 90's Lloyd's of London policies (they don't issue them anymore due to a lot of fraud) and he was going to use it to retire and play in his band.  However, the WWE offered a contract similar to the Rock....1 million dollars a year, percentage of merchandising, first class accomodations, and a part time wrestling schedule at house shows.  

Deals like that are too hard to pass up.....not only that, Fozzie sucks pretty bad.

Rock's deal was worth much more than that.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2015, 08:37:15 AM »

Of course.....I'm just referring to the part time schedule thing. 
A

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »

Vince I respect your bodybuilding insider knowledge but I think you're slightly off with your wrestling info.

At the recent MSG show, Jericho's 25 year anniversary, he was put up in a subpar hotel, listen to his podcast, the reference it several times.

As for everything else, I don't think Jericho is earning 1 million a year from a part time house show schedule, but if they really are "continually signing new contracts" than maybe he is, BTW does that mean Lesnar is renegotiating his 3 year deal every appearance?

If Jericho had an opportunity to cash out a Loyd policy he would have taken it. Bret Hart did so well off his he's had to decline multiple offers from the WWE to make in ring appearances ever since his Mania "match" against VKM.

Jericho didn't decline an option  for house shows.

Also Morgan never made $300+k at any point in his run.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2015, 11:54:24 AM »
Doubt anyone on TV in WWE is making only 25-30k, not sure where Goodrum got that.

And since the company went public doesn't necessarily mean they post the salaries of the wrestlers. They have to post salaries of corporate officers however. So for example Triple H is a officer in the company so his salary would be public.

Goodrum needs to get a refund on his MBA.  ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2015, 02:59:08 PM »
Vince I respect your bodybuilding insider knowledge but I think you're slightly off with your wrestling info.

At the recent MSG show, Jericho's 25 year anniversary, he was put up in a subpar hotel, listen to his podcast, the reference it several times.

As for everything else, I don't think Jericho is earning 1 million a year from a part time house show schedule, but if they really are "continually signing new contracts" than maybe he is, BTW does that mean Lesnar is renegotiating his 3 year deal every appearance?

If Jericho had an opportunity to cash out a Loyd policy he would have taken it. Bret Hart did so well off his he's had to decline multiple offers from the WWE to make in ring appearances ever since his Mania "match" against VKM.

Jericho didn't decline an option  for house shows.

Also Morgan never made $300+k at any point in his run.

I'm not Jericho and honestly if he had a problem with his hotel, then he could have paid for it himself.  Truth is subject and Jericho could be just spinning wheels.  But if he's working house shows, then a million a year would sound right considering his time with the company
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 07:23:33 PM »

He makes in the low 6 figures at that job but he chose the job because TNA was going to offer him less than that amount.  Matt Morgan when he started in the WWE had a 3 year contract making 350k annually.  However when Vince realized that he wasn't going to be the next Kirk Angle, he was sent on his way. 

While the top pro-wrestlers in the WWE make top dollar, the vast majority of them get what's called a a standard package.....25-30k.  Now just imagine what TNA likely offered him and you get the idea why he retired.

When I lived in Atlanta, I knew quite a few of the WCW guys.  The breakdown that Bischoff had for wrestlers started at 60K for a wrestler who was never on TV and instead got squashed in dark matches at arenas to "test out" any new guys coming into the company to see what the fan's response was.  80K for low tier wrestlers on tv.  100K for second tier wrestlers who were never given a title run.  Above that it was negotiated and a sum reached based on name recognition, fan appeal (or hatred for some of them), and how much Nash, Hogan, or Flair told the office their "friend" was supposed to get.

Other than that, everyone got a plane ride (company charter or a individual ticket on other airlines) to the show but nothing else.  They were still responsible for their own hotel and travel expenses from the airport to the arena. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2015, 07:32:15 PM »
Shaun Daivari  just competed too.  He looks better than Matt.