Author Topic: What is wrong with American Kids? Trayvoning: This Trend Has to Stop  (Read 7854 times)

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
IF AMERICA CAN EVER TURN THIS GODDAM ECONOMY AROUND...HERE IS A SOLUTION FOR THESE LIL SHITS...DROP THE WORKING AGE TO 12 AND THESE LEECHES NEED TO GET A JOB AND DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE

Trayvoning: This Trend Has to Stop

No matter what side of the fence people stand on regarding George Zimmerman’s guilt or innocence in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, I thought there was one thing that was understood across the board: His death was a tragedy. That obviously isn’t the case from a new trend that’s popped up on the web mocking the 17-year-old’s murder.

Following in the footsteps of other ridiculous pose trends like planking and owling is the most disturbing and disrespectful of them all: Trayvoning. Photos have surfaced on the Internet of teenagers—all white from what I’ve seen so far—laying on the ground in hoodies as though they’re dead with a can of iced tea in one hand and a bag of skittles in the other, mocking the items the slain teenager purchased from a corner store minutes before he was shot and killed.

What’s even more disturbing is there are Trayvoning Facebook pages where these individuals are posting their pictures and asking people to share and like the page to increase its popularity. So far, there are only 24 likes on one and 67 on the other, but that’s still 91 too many. On one page it’s clear from the comments that the participants think this is a fun and cool thing to do, the other seems to have a backward goal of raising awareness which really isn’t warranted at this point and definitely can’t be achieved in this way. I can’t think of anyone’s murder—black or white—that has ever been mocked in such a disrespectful way and this act is just further proof that it’s impossible for America to see a black boy as a victim. I get that social media sort of changes the sensitivity rules in some ways but we’re still talking about a death and I highly doubt any of these people were rallying in their cities or pushing for charges to be brought against Zimmerman. They’re trying to make a joke out of something tragic and it’s just not funny. I personally reported these pages on Facebook and anyone who comes across them should too. We can’t stop these fools from posing and taking pictures but we can stop it from spreading on social media.

getbig or getgot

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
Re: WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH AMERICAN KIDS...WORTHLESS SHITS
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »
not bodybuilding related.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:27:48 PM »
getbig or getgot

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:33:29 PM »
Something as in consequential as this gets you upset?  Out of all the insanity that exists in the US you've chosen this cause?
A

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
Something as in consequential as this gets you upset?  Out of all the insanity that exists in the US you've chosen this cause?

yes..next
getbig or getgot

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 09:46:45 PM »
thats just wrong

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 11:15:56 PM »
Most US kids are unemployed and/or not challenged in school. This is the result. Not surprised at all.

Also, NYSTATE, there aren't enough jobs for 18-yr-olds. How are you going to put even younger children to work?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 12:45:56 AM »

hahaha. White kids finally getting smarter. But it's alrdy too late.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 01:56:38 AM »
mocking the items the slain teenager purchased from a corner store minutes before he was shot and killed.

Mocking the candy crosses the line.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 05:29:06 AM »
Most US kids are unemployed and/or not challenged in school. This is the result. Not surprised at all.

Also, NYSTATE, there aren't enough jobs for 18-yr-olds. How are you going to put even younger children to work?

thats why i sed if we turn the economy around

so there would be enough jobs for kids
getbig or getgot

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 05:39:18 AM »
IF AMERICA CAN EVER TURN THIS GODDAM ECONOMY AROUND...HERE IS A SOLUTION FOR THESE LIL SHITS...DROP THE WORKING AGE TO 12 AND THESE LEECHES NEED TO GET A JOB AND DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE

Trayvoning: This Trend Has to Stop

No matter what side of the fence people stand on regarding George Zimmerman’s guilt or innocence in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, I thought there was one thing that was understood across the board: His death was a tragedy. That obviously isn’t the case from a new trend that’s popped up on the web mocking the 17-year-old’s murder.

Following in the footsteps of other ridiculous pose trends like planking and owling is the most disturbing and disrespectful of them all: Trayvoning. Photos have surfaced on the Internet of teenagers—all white from what I’ve seen so far—laying on the ground in hoodies as though they’re dead with a can of iced tea in one hand and a bag of skittles in the other, mocking the items the slain teenager purchased from a corner store minutes before he was shot and killed.

What’s even more disturbing is there are Trayvoning Facebook pages where these individuals are posting their pictures and asking people to share and like the page to increase its popularity. So far, there are only 24 likes on one and 67 on the other, but that’s still 91 too many. On one page it’s clear from the comments that the participants think this is a fun and cool thing to do, the other seems to have a backward goal of raising awareness which really isn’t warranted at this point and definitely can’t be achieved in this way. I can’t think of anyone’s murder—black or white—that has ever been mocked in such a disrespectful way and this act is just further proof that it’s impossible for America to see a black boy as a victim. I get that social media sort of changes the sensitivity rules in some ways but we’re still talking about a death and I highly doubt any of these people were rallying in their cities or pushing for charges to be brought against Zimmerman. They’re trying to make a joke out of something tragic and it’s just not funny. I personally reported these pages on Facebook and anyone who comes across them should too. We can’t stop these fools from posing and taking pictures but we can stop it from spreading on social media.

Oooohh, people making fun of a dead ni**ga, what will be next?  ::) ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 05:42:05 AM »
Population control is the only thing that will save any country.  There are too many mouths to feed in the United States and not enough jobs or resources.  Its time we scale back.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 05:42:53 AM »

Most US kids wouldn't even think to work at McDonalds, Wendy's, Kohl's, or at stores at the Mall---they believe it's beneath them. Many believe that good jobs should be "given" to them. Just as many believe that they should be able to play Xbox and smoke weed all day, and not have to pay rent to their parents.

We have a virtually a generation of kids spoiled by their parents.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 05:46:47 AM »
Most US kids wouldn't even think to work at McDonalds, Wendy's, Kohl's, or at stores at the Mall---they believe it's beneath them. Many believe that good jobs should be "given" to them. Just as many believe that they should be able to play Xbox and smoke weed all day, and not have to pay rent to their parents.

I disagree.  Parents should spoil their kids.  Any parent forcing their child to "pay rent" is a moron.  What would be the point of that?  Families used to take care of each other and this is precisely what has been lost which has led to the pathetic circumstances many find themselves in.  The "you are on your own" mentality has effectively destroyed any possible accumulation of familial wealth.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 05:49:43 AM »

I believe jobs should be given to people if possible.  There are many people willing to work, its the hoops and hurdles that people have to jump through which is also the problem.  I think there should a city by city list of jobs available at the courthouse-public works projects etc.-where anyone can show up and given a task that needs to be done. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 05:50:39 AM »
I find this hilarious.
Im sure it would be pretty horrendous for the parents, but im not the parents.

Yes, his death was a tragedy, but this is still pretty effin' funny.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 05:54:31 AM »

I will also add this.  Notice how many immigrants own small businesses and run by their entire families, and they tend to live in the same house or houses.  They usually become highly successful because this is the TOTAL OPPOSITE of the "You are on your own" mentality that has destroyed Americans.  Native born Americans own fewer and fewer businesses now and it is directly related to the idiocy of the "you are on your own" mentality.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 05:58:30 AM »
Is it wrong I can't stop laughing  ??? ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 05:59:38 AM »
I disagree.  Parents should spoil their kids.  Any parent forcing their child to "pay rent" is a moron.  What would be the point of that?  Families used to take care of each other and this is precisely what has been lost which has led to the pathetic circumstances many find themselves in.  The "you are on your own" mentality has effectively destroyed any possible accumulation of familial wealth.
Because many of the 18 yr and up are stuck in a perpetual "man-child"/"woman-child" phase, where they have no job, smoke weed/do hard drugs all day, play video games, and or get someone pregnant/get pregnant. Expect their folks to pay for everything. Take care of their kids. They have no responsibilities. And they look at working at McDonald's as beneath them.
Familial weath is almost a thing of the past, when your spending it on drugs, running up the electric and water bills, and not paying or the parents are spending it on drug rehab, paying for your car insurance, and other expenses. Back in the days of what you are talking about, people were a lot more responsible. They didn't want to disrespect their folks by being lazy eff-ups. Nowadays, it's the norm to be a lazy Mofo---it's cool.

Where I live about, 5-6 of the Mcdonald's have predominantly Latino employees. Remember that big issue that former Maryland Gov, Donald Shaeffer caused--saying he shouldn't have to know spanish to order something from Mcdonald's? Well, that is right near where I live. Many of our lazy kids could be working there, but refused to.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 06:02:50 AM »
not bodybuilding related.

Totally related.....skittles = post workout carb....the drink is an energy drink...needed for those days where you need that extra boost to go to war with the iron. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 06:05:45 AM »
I will also add this.  Notice how many immigrants own small businesses and run by their entire families, and they tend to live in the same house or houses.  They usually become highly successful because this is the TOTAL OPPOSITE of the "You are on your own" mentality that has destroyed Americans.  Native born Americans own fewer and fewer businesses now and it is directly related to the idiocy of the "you are on your own" mentality.
Ah, you see many immigrant families who do that---their kids have respect for their folks, but they are also expected to run the family business. Also, as a side note, those businesses are often targeted by family members and are robbed---but they don't report it to the police. For instance, many Korean owned businesses, the owners don't trust the banks, so they horde cash at home...many of that money is not reported to the IRS either...so, a family member or someone who knows where the money is hidden, often times robs them---since they are general close knit communities, they don't report it to the police---also because the the IRS may get involved...they handle it internally.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 06:06:28 AM »
Who's fault is that? The parents...that's who.

They raised lazy kids. Kids don't just develop mass-laziness on their own. It's a learned behavior.
I agree.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 06:23:59 AM »

Im sure it would be pretty horrendous for the parents,
x2  hopefully it's too stupid to catch on.

Mocking the candy crosses the line.

It is unwise to speak against it.
R

Batfreak

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 06:33:05 AM »
Maybe Trayvon should have had a job.....
the original

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 06:39:51 AM »
I disagree.  Parents should spoil their kids.  Any parent forcing their child to "pay rent" is a moron.  What would be the point of that?  Families used to take care of each other and this is precisely what has been lost which has led to the pathetic circumstances many find themselves in.  The "you are on your own" mentality has effectively destroyed any possible accumulation of familial wealth.

Families used to take care of each other, yes.  Kids used to also respect their parents.  Kids didn't have the overwhelming 'entitlement' attitude they have now.  They also appreciated the things they were given.  The didn't act like ho's, brats, thugs, zombies, gangsters, etc, etc...like they do now.  You got your ass beat in public if you showed an adult disrespect.  There is so much that has been lost and cast away from how things used to be.  Most of those kids now are the parents...and are reaping what they sow.  Their kids are worse than they ever were....unfortunately we are taking the brunt of it.  When I was a kid..one of my summer jobs was the oh so typical 'strawberry picking' job.  Holy shit was that a pain in the ass.  I rode my bike to the farm...20 - 30 mins....worked outside, had a bag lunch....then after being there 7 - 4, I rode my bike home.  I appreciated the money I made...I did not do a great job saving...but I earned it.

I do agree that population control needs to be instilled.  The one fuck stick with 30 kids by 11 different women....both he and the women should be put on a boat and set adrift...see ya...have a nice 3hr tour....don't come back till your heard has been whittled down.