Author Topic: Quotes From Palins Speech  (Read 1878 times)

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
Quotes From Palins Speech
« on: September 03, 2008, 09:30:42 PM »
Here are some of her highlight reel comments:

"This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign."

"What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet?"

"In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers.  And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change." 

"They're the ones whose names appear on laws and landmark reforms, not just on buttons and banners, or on self-designed presidential seals."

"There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you ... in places where winning means survival and defeat means death ... and that man is John McCain."

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities."  Ouch!

"But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country."

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Quotes From Palins Speech
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 10:10:35 PM »

"But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country."

I predict this one will come back to bite her on the bottom.  :-\
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 10:14:08 PM »
"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities." 

Doh!  LOL.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 12:41:03 AM »
She's composed today, very solid speech.  I love her positions on everything.  I just don't think she has the experience to do the job if something happens to mccain.  I think our enemies will test her hard.

I don't liek her being the attack dog.  You lose the horny vote when you shout shrilly orders.   I thought she'd come out like a better, female obama tonight.  Instead, she was a better female rudy - lots of stuff with anger, orders, and some fear.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 01:08:21 AM »
is she gay I heard obama is straight...I only vote for straight.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 01:11:20 AM »

she has a hubby and 4 or 5 kids.  I think she's straight.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 01:43:50 AM »

she has a hubby and 4 or 5 kids.  I think she's straight.
that dont mean squat I know guys who have 3 kids and X wife and are gay as can be  ::) she can still be in the closet I sense in the force that she is so im voting for obama who is obviously straight he likes big tits.....

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 06:30:55 AM »
Good speech.

Lots of Rhetoric.  Will she do one on one interviews with any media?

Sandra

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 06:36:59 AM »
I predict this one will come back to bite her on the bottom:-\
There's a nice visual. I disagree though. The left-leaning press and Hollywood overestimate their influence. Middle America decides elections. Dems would do well to quit looking down on them.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 06:38:38 AM »
where's the beef?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 06:45:44 AM »
I don't liek her being the attack dog. I thought she'd come out like a better, female obama tonight.  Instead, she was a better female rudy - lots of stuff with anger, orders, and some fear.

Yes, agree I expected more a classy and policy speech. Ans yes, she was far more preferable to Rudy. I thought he was going to blow a blood vessel.

Hate to be a CT'er, but possibly this is brilliant. Choose a family values female with a pregnant teen. Announce pregnancy few days prior, have media meltdown. Have her attack like a rabid dog, claim anything back is sexism. Get free pass to attack Obama like fire, and he cannot hit back in the slightest or it's "sexism"

They've been claiming say she is not experienced enough is sexism so far, and I mean the official party folks, not supporters.

Possibly a brilliant idea. A attack VP who cannot be held to account.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 06:51:47 AM »
Here are some of her highlight reel comments:

"This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign."
That's funny.  Except "victory" as described by the right is dependent on Iraqis and not the US.  Political progress can't be thrust on a country.  And to be fair, there is no victory in the single biggest foreign policy blunder in american history...there's only resignation.  Sarah should ask the 80,000-650,000 dead Iraqis how they view victory in Iraq.

"What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet?"
Weak.  Big Mac and Sarah are more of the same.  Almost any other course is preferable to theirs.

"In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers.  And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change." 
Is that change of Big Mac's voting with Bush policies 95% of the time?  This woman does not respect the intelligence of her audience.

"They're the ones whose names appear on laws and landmark reforms, not just on buttons and banners, or on self-designed presidential seals."
Obama's ideas for the country are better than McCain's.  It is that simple.

"There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you ... in places where winning means survival and defeat means death ... and that man is John McCain."
Defeat means death?  Is this comedy or politics?  Hyperbole is not Sarah's strong suit.  She just looks foolish making a ridiculous over-the-top statement like that one.

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities."  Ouch!
Zing!  I wonder if managing a McDonalds is executive experience as well?

It's not a political slogan...It's a cookbook.  My god!

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 08:20:48 AM »
I predict this one will come back to bite her on the bottom.  :-\

Of course it will. It's the left.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 08:27:53 AM »

That's Laura Ingraham you're thinking of.

Meshelle

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 08:43:14 AM »
Is that change of Big Mac's voting with Bush policies 95% of the time? 
The correct figure is 90% of the time. Obama, when he votes, votes the democratic line 97% of the time.

Sarah Rocks!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »
i love her show.  Laura ingram.

when all the scandals were popping off about palin, she said "her background is off limits" and talked for 40 minutes about how john mayer dumped jennifer anniston via text messsage.  Callers were invited to call in with tales of being dumped or dumping via text.

It's very important to look at obama's background.  but if you look at hers, you hate women.  Get it?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 11:47:12 AM »
The correct figure is 90% of the time. Obama, when he votes, votes the democratic line 97% of the time.

Sarah Rocks!
For Big Mac, the correct figure for 2007 was 95%.  The correct figure since Bush stole office was over 89% rounded to 90%.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 11:55:40 AM »
She's composed today, very solid speech.  I love her positions on everything.  I just don't think she has the experience to do the job if something happens to mccain.  I think our enemies will test her hard.

I don't liek her being the attack dog.  You lose the horny vote when you shout shrilly orders.   I thought she'd come out like a better, female obama tonight.  Instead, she was a better female rudy - lots of stuff with anger, orders, and some fear.

What are you talking about?

She didn't write that speech.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 11:59:41 AM »
What are you talking about?

She didn't write that speech.

FOX news, at about 7:15 PM, said she did.

Camp Obama claimed he wrote his own speech, and IMO thats a littl emore believable.  After all, he's been givingg the same hope speech for 2 years now, and he is a good speaker.

To believe she wrote that speech by herself, as FOX reported, wel...  some folks will.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 12:13:21 PM »
Rob/240,

Fill-in us Euorpeaners on developments in the "Bristol is Trigs mother" story... surely this hasn't been let lie after all those discrepancies in Palins timeline of events?

Hasn't there been any investigative work done? Has a birth cert surfaced? Why were the pictures taken down from the Alaskan government website? Why wasn't Trig's birth recorded at the Matsu Hospital?

People aren't really buying the "Coincidentally Bristol just so happens to be just pregnant enough right now for those rumours to be untrue... even though she doesn't look pregnant and carries Trig around everywhere" story... are they?

The Luke

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 12:28:07 PM »
I saw Brit Hume say that she didn't but had imput, just like most politicians....nice try dude.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 12:50:11 PM »
no birth cert, all pics of her preggo were pulled from alaska's website, she waited 17 hours after water breaking to give birth, etc etc.  

Mccain threatened legal means to stop dailykos from listing their evidence, so they took it down.  MSNBC apologized yesterday AM on morning joe, blamed Drudge, etc.

There is no point in arguing it.  If/When evidence arrives, we'll all know it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 12:58:17 PM »
They had to pull it because it was'nt true...u can't, as a reputable new source, just spew bullshit. The Daily Kos can say what they want. When and if there is proof, somebody will run it. MSNBC and other news orgs refused to run the Edwards story until forced. Much like the Rev Wright stuff...they ran it because Fox News was hammering it.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 01:01:52 PM »
They had to pull it because it was'nt true

Actually, they had to pull it because it's yet unproven.  The only evidence you have it's her baby is - drum roll please... her word.

For some reason, the kid's birth certificate and hospital records are missing.

If this was any other kid in america, department of childrens' services would be investigating to see if any laws were broken.  You can't just hide this kind of stuff.

if there's something, they'll find it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »
Again...no proof except Daily Kos rumor...means its not true. This was not started as a rumor from the hospital or anywhere else. It was started on some left wing nutbag blog.....If a real news source finds something then they will run with it. She smoked her speech, she smoked Obama.....she did as much as she could to help the ticket, energize the base etc, but its up to McCain to win or loose this election.
L