Author Topic: BIDEN IS ACTUALLY PALIN IN A MAN'S SUIT...COULD HE BE THAT STUPID  (Read 1887 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
This guy is more retarded than Palin...and since when is the god damned  vice president of america running his own agenda. Should not the president make such statements and calls for such action? I think this giuy thinks he is another Cheney or something, but given america's bankrupt state...it would be wise to tone down the rhetoric and focus on its own internal problems.

DEUSTCHE WELLE NEWS

Biden Urges NATO Allies to Help Tackle Problems in Afghanistan

Biden has asked NATO allies for more help to step up the fight against the Taliban
US Vice President Joe Biden urged NATO allies to help tackle worsening security conditions in Afghanistan and step up international efforts against the Taliban.

US Vice President Joe Biden told NATO that the situation in Afghanistan was a threat to the West as a whole.

"The deteriorating situation in the region poses a security threat not just to the United States but to every single nation round this table," Biden told representatives of the 26-nation military alliance during a visit to Brussels on Tuesday, March 10.

"It was from the very same mountains that the attacks of 9/11 were planned," he said, adding that NATO should seek "pragmatic solutions" to its war in Afghanistan.

Biden said options included direct talks with moderate factions of the Taliban, most of whom are only involved in the insurgency for the money.

"We are not now winning the war, but the war is far from lost," Biden told a news conference after three hours of talks.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai said his government had long supported dialogue with those members of the Taliban, who are not connected with "terrorists."

Election security boost needed

Security has worsened in Afghanistan as the Taliban regroups

NATO Secretary General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer called on NATO to boost efforts before Afghan elections due in August.

"It is important that this alliance delivers in the short-term," Scheffer told reporters, saying that the meeting with Biden had been "very productive."

Biden's visit comes as US President Barack Obama pushes for a fresh strategy to fight the insurgency in Afghanistan with more international support. The US vice president stressed that the purpose of his trip was to listen to Washington's European allies.

"When we consult, we get the type of consensus that our political leadership needs," Biden said. "Absent that kind of cohesion, it will be incredibly more difficult to meet the common threats we are going to face."

Biden will be meeting with senior European Union officials at EU headquarters in Brussels later on Tuesday.

Biden looking for concrete help

The US has boosted the number of troops in Afghanistan

The visit of Obama's second in command comes less than a week after a trip by US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who attended a NATO foreign ministers' meeting last Thursday and met the European Union's foreign policy heads on Friday.

"This is not just lip service, the idea of consultation, we mean it, and in return we want concrete ideas and concrete assistance," a senior Obama administration official told AFP news agency on condition of anonymity.

Violence in Afghanistan was at its worst level in 2008 since the ouster of the Taliban regime seven years ago.

Obama is reviewing how NATO's mission in Afghanistan can turn the tide in the volatile south of the country, which has seen a steady rise in fighting and losses for US and allied countries.

Obama has ordered an interagency review to examine US policy on Afghanistan and Pakistan before a NATO summit in April. Former CIA official Bruce Riedel, now a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution think tank in Washington, is heading the review. 

In addition to vowing to end US combat operations in Iraq by August 2010, he has also ordered the deployment of 17,000 troops to Afghanistan, saying they were needed to stabilize a deteriorating security situation.

Call for more troops will fall on deaf ears

Germany is one of the nations under pressure to send more troops to Afghanistan

European allies expect the US to demand more troops for the war in Afghanistan, and urge allies to remove restrictions on where their soldiers can fight.

But some major NATO partners have made clear that they are not in a position to send more soldiers into Afghanistan, so top US officials have recently been stressing the need to boost political and development components of the Afghan mission.

"The United States recognizes that not all of our allies can contribute troops but we appreciate other forms of assistance equally," the senior official, quoted by AFP, said.

"If you don't like US policies, and obviously that's been an issue in the past, we will want your concrete ideas about what we should be doing in Afghanistan, and not just criticism," the official said.
C

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: BIDEN IS ACTUALLY PALIN IN A MAN'S SUIT...COULD HE BE THAT STUPID
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:23:46 PM »
Samson,

How do Biden's statements in any way differ from the message President Obama has been sending to NATO countries since even before his election? It sounds to me like Biden's words echo those of Obama's in his much heralded trip to Germany, when he chastised Germans for not providing even greater NATO support, ...and they loved him for it.

From the outset, Obama made clear he wanted to see an increased focus on Aghanistan, both from the USA as well as it's NATO partners. How is Biden's message off point? And how is it's delivery from Biden, ...a man selected for his position because of his strengths in areas of foreign policy out of line?
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:26:11 AM »
Did anybody really think that Obama could inspire the damm Euro's to fight. Come on, if u were a Pussy with Bush at the helm, are u really gonna be a lion with Obama. As a country u knew damm well that Bush was there until the end. Bush had lofty goals in Afghanistan, right or wrong. Obama's goals aren't the same, again right or wrong, and he could well pull out, even as u sacrifice men and money. The Germans will not fight. The rank and file are willing but the pols won't allow them to. There are exceptions
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 02:09:09 AM »
I disagree.
Russia is one European country that has a big interest in getting the situation in Afghanistan under control.
Right now, the Afghan heroine is flooding Russia - so bad the Russian authorities declared it a security threat.
Other European countries see this threat as well.

As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 02:52:46 AM »
Yeah but I wasn't really talking about Russia. The Russians offered to send troops...I can't imagine. I was talking about Western Europe...I guess 1500 years of unrepentent bloodshed and butchery are enough.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 04:02:48 AM »
Did anybody really think that Obama could inspire the damm Euro's to fight. Come on, if u were a Pussy with Bush at the helm, are u really gonna be a lion with Obama. As a country u knew damm well that Bush was there until the end. Bush had lofty goals in Afghanistan, right or wrong. Obama's goals aren't the same, again right or wrong, and he could well pull out, even as u sacrifice men and money. The Germans will not fight. The rank and file are willing but the pols won't allow them to. There are exceptions

What makes you assume someone's unwillingness to fight is based on cowardice?

Sometimes an unwillingness to fight, ...especially someone else's fight, is based, not on cowardice, but a lack of faith in the leadership at the helm. The US led invasion of Afghanistan had a lot of support all across the board, ...then Bush dropped the ball by going into Iraq before the job was finished. Not all countries have as cavalier an attitude about the lives of their servicemen as the Bush administration appeared to have.

You speak about the rank and file being willing, but they are soldiers. Soldiers live to are always willing to fight.
The politicians however, aren't always as itching to fight, ...especially when they question the value, leadership, and must answer to the voters... the very families of those soldiers who are making the sacrifices.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 04:38:36 AM »
Jag..I witnessed first hand the valor of the soldiers from the Commonwealth nations...the rest are worthless (besides the Dutch). These nations are very happy to have wrapped themselves in the NATO blanket for the last 50 years when Ivan the Bear was knocking at the door. Now its all different. If the damm Russians resurface as a real threat, who will they all come whining to....not France.
L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 06:39:21 AM »
I can see not following along when Bush was in charge, mainly because he is nothing but an idiot.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 10:42:06 AM »
Samson,

How do Biden's statements in any way differ from the message President Obama has been sending to NATO countries since even before his election? It sounds to me like Biden's words echo those of Obama's in his much heralded trip to Germany, when he chastised Germans for not providing even greater NATO support, ...and they loved him for it.

From the outset, Obama made clear he wanted to see an increased focus on Aghanistan, both from the USA as well as it's NATO partners. How is Biden's message off point? And how is it's delivery from Biden, ...a man selected for his position because of his strengths in areas of foreign policy out of line?

My point is... as a vice president Biden does NOT have his own agenda...The vice presidents job is to learn from the president and be ready to step in his place should sickness or fatality occur. Biden has already been 'scolded' multiple times by Obama for saying things that have been out of sync with the presidents agenda and/or remarking about doing something that the president did not say he was going to do or was at best only considering whether to do it. As it stands now it looks like there are two presidents running america...and I really don't think Obama needs Biden to parrot what he has already said. At no time in americas history have vice presidents been so outspoken if one does not consider Cheney.

More importantly the the worlds population is still being flooded with the american LIE (which Biden just reinforced) about OSAMA (who in case you all forgot is an american CIA agent sent to Afghanistan to train the Taliban to fight the Russians when Russia invaded Afghanistan...keep repeating this to yourselves until you remember) being responsible for 911...being responsible for the Taliban and of course being responsible the american created Al Qaida and TERRORISM.

Even Benazir Bhutto declared Osama is DEAD

Bush declared before the public that he was not even interested in Osama and was NOT looking for him...quite a statement from the former president toward a man he claimed committed a act of war against america.

(why the hell then is america in Afghanistan??...OH YEAH..to build the now built by the american UNOCAL gas pipeline http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Afghanistan_Pipeline  that stretches across Afghanistan all the way to India..and let us not forget the LUCRATIVE Opium/Heroin business america is running )

Totally fake Osama tapes...Are they fake because Osama is DEAD and has been so for years!!!!

My anger and comparison of Biden to Palin is because of his perpetuation of the LIE(s) to try and justify the continued attacking of these innocent nations. Not to mention he has that AIR of stupidity and wild mindedness about him like Palin does.
C

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 11:03:09 AM »
Samson,
I've seen each one of those videos ad nauseum, and at this point don't care to go into or rehash them.

I'm simply trying to get clarification about your statements. I finding difficulty seeing what you're ranting about vis-a-vis Biden and his stated position on Afghanistan. Yes, I will admit he has in the past displayed a tendency to say unexpected things, however, I fail to see where his rhetoric on Afghanistan is in any way unexpected, or for that matter out-of-line, or off point from the President's.

As for OBL's past on the payroll of Uncle Sam, ...something tells me you don't quite seem to realize just who you are talking to. {lol}. In any event, all these things not withstanding, are you saying that NATO does NOT need a bigger presence in Afghanistan? Are you stating that NATO partners should not shoulder a greater share there? Yes there are big bad scary boogeymen who are the result of western interference, ...but does that mean that they should now go unchecked... ala "We created a Frankenstein, but we're going to let it continue to play havoc, because... wtf, we created him". Is that the attitude you would prefer be adopted?

I think until Obama makes it known that he is displeased with Biden, I think we should assume Biden is carrying forth Obamas message and agenda on the foreign front, while Obama and his advisors implement the plans to address the domestic issues at home.
w