Author Topic: Surprise, surprise. The Muslim UN is on track to destroy more of our rights.  (Read 1872 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Steven Edwards, Canwest News Service · Wednesday, Jun. 16, 2010

UNITED NATIONS — Muslim governments on Wednesday pressed the United Nations to step up investigations of Western countries to root out what they call “Islamophobia” — defined by them as discrimination against people of the Muslim faith.

Delegates from Islamic countries, such as Egypt, Iran and Pakistan, drafted new guidelines for the UN’s freedom-of-religion investigator that say Western diplomats aim to shield Islam from commentary Muslims might deem derogatory.

During a debate in front of the UN Human Rights Council, they also charged that the UN’s anti-racism investigator — in a report he tabled about his activities — had not focused enough on what they called the rising incidence of discrimination against Muslims in Western countries.

According to the 57-member Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), the anti-racism investigator should focus on what it called “contemporary” racism, “particularly in Western societies.”

The group said Islamophobia was growing “particularly in the countries of the North.”

Egypt and Libya also charged that Muslims were targets of racism and discrimination in Western countries.

“People of foreign descent, such as Africans, Arabs, Muslims and Asians, do face derogatory stereotyping and stigmatization in an environment of victimization and xenophobia and, at times, violence,” said Ahmed Ihab Gamaleldin, the Egyptian delegate.

From Ottawa, Canada called for a “constructive approach” to ensuring the right of freedom of religion.

But the OIC is likely to see their new guidelines for the freedom-of-religion investigator approved, since Muslim countries and allies — such as Cuba, Russia and China — form a voting bloc in the Geneva-based body that overshadows that of the Western democracies.

Once passed, the new mandate is likely to see Western countries come under increased UN pressure to prevent criticism of Islam, even if that means overriding traditional freedom-of-speech protections.

One provision calls on the UN investigator to “work closely with mass media organizations to ensure that they create and promote an atmosphere of respect and tolerance for religious and cultural diversity,” according to the draft that Pakistan tabled on behalf of the OIC.

Many human-rights groups have argued that Islamic countries seek enhanced “protections” against religious discrimination in order to justify crackdowns in their own countries against apostates and others deemed to be working against the Islam religion.

“UN Watch is alarmed by the Islamic bloc’s attempt to turn an international shield for religious freedom into a sword for religious-motivated state censorship,” said Hillel Neuer, executive director of the Geneva-based watchdog group. “It’s part of a larger campaign to invert the real danger of Islamist extremism into an imagined narrative of Western victimization of Islam and its adherents.”

Veteran UN-accredited activist David Littman highlighted that the focus on the West appeared out of place when the council has “yet to address” a charge made in the chamber last week by Syria that Israeli children are taught to sing about drinking the blood off Arabs.

The claim recalls an ancient blood libel claiming that Jews use human blood in their religious and other rituals.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Muslim+states+push+action+Islamophobia/3163213/story.html#ixzz0r75w2dW7

Amazing. I can dig up thousands of videos of prominent Muslims calling for the death, destruction and mass murder of infidels yet that's apparently OK. Goodbye, free speech.

The UN is nothing more than a tool of those seeking to instill Sharia Law on our shores.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Once passed, the new mandate is likely to see Western countries come under increased UN pressure to prevent criticism of Islam, even if that means overriding traditional freedom-of-speech protections.

One provision calls on the UN investigator to “work closely with mass media organizations to ensure that they create and promote an atmosphere of respect and tolerance for religious and cultural diversity,” according to the draft that Pakistan tabled on behalf of the OIC.

This is insane! Eliminate free speech to "prevent criticism of Islam". Notice how it clearly states overriding freedom of speech protections and also "criticism of Islam" (not just plain hate speech but mere criticism)!

Interesting how they do not tolerate the "non-believers" in the muslim countries, yet they require all other non islamic countries to stop being "islamophobic".  (btw "-phobic" means "fear", I don't think people "fear" Islam, they actually despise it. If the UN gets its way it will be fear since people will be afraid to talk about islam or face repercussions).

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Fuck the UN.

Fury

• Getbig V

This is insane! Eliminate free speech to "prevent criticism of Islam". Notice how it clearly states overriding freedom of speech protections and also "criticism of Islam" (not just plain hate speech but mere criticism)!

Interesting how they do not tolerate the "non-believers" in the muslim countries, yet they require all other non islamic countries to stop being "islamophobic".  (btw "-phobic" means "fear", I don't think people "fear" Islam, they actually despise it. If the UN gets its way it will be fear since people will be afraid to talk about islam or face repercussions).

I'd love to hear the apologists and islamofascists lie to us again and claim that they're not working to stifle free speech. I'm sure they'll tie that into some fabricated anti-Islamic attacks and all that jazz to try to prove their fallacious point.

What astounds me is that the sheer amount of hatred and loathing of other religions spewed daily by Muslims on every corner of the globe goes ignored. But of course the world's 24/7/365 victims are allowed to do that! The "islamophobic" West has driven them to do that! But alas, there wasn't a single Western country that appeared among the 13 worst violators of religious freedoms in 2009. There were 10 Muslim countries on the report documenting it, though. ::)

The USA needs to leave the UN immediately. It exists for no other reason than to destroy our sovereignty and the rights our Constitution grants us.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Muslims know how to play the game.
Most Muslim countries have NO religious freedom outside the Expat compounds, most local Christian minorities are targeted (Latest in Egypt a few months ago) and even my Muslim colleagues at work when it turns to religion seem to have a personality change into some psychopathic nut case

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
I don't want to sound like "one of those guys" but judging by the caliber of idiots we have in Congress and especially the White House, I could see this shit being "pitched" to us in the near future...

Fury

• Getbig V
I don't want to sound like "one of those guys" but judging by the caliber of idiots we have in Congress and especially the White House, I could see this shit being "pitched" to us in the near future...

We're part of the UN.  :D

This has been going on to some extent as it is. There has been stunning change in reporting on terrorist attacks as of late. No longer is the word "Islam" present in most articles and other references to Islamic jihad, but terrorist organizations such as Al-Shabaab are now referred to as "youth organizations".

Meanwhile, the persecution of all non-Muslim religious groups continues to grow in most Muslim countries while the governments continue to deny religious freedom.

Not one Western country was among the 13 worst violators of religious freedoms in 2009 but 10 Muslim countries were. The Muslim propaganda machine is quite impressive.  :)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
We're part of the UN.  :D

This has been going on to some extent as it is. There has been stunning change in reporting on terrorist attacks as of late. No longer is the word "Islam" present in most articles and other references to Islamic jihad, but terrorist organizations such as Al-Shabaab are now referred to as "youth organizations".

Meanwhile, the persecution of all non-Muslim religious groups continues to grow in most Muslim countries while the governments continue to deny religious freedom.

Not one Western country was among the 13 worst violators of religious freedoms in 2009 but 10 Muslim countries were. The Muslim propaganda machine is quite impressive.  :)

Look no further than 5-6 years ago when "French Youths" in "Diverse" enclaves were setting fire to the entire country for quite the elongated period of time....

The way the media white washed that was hilarious.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The very first thing the next president should do is pull us out of the UN and bulldoze the building right into the east river.

Fury

• Getbig V
Look no further than 5-6 years ago when "French Youths" in "Diverse" enclaves were setting fire to the entire country for quite the elongated period of time....

The way the media white washed that was hilarious.

Haha, that was classic.

France is trying to pass an "anti-Muslim racism" law now.

"PARIS, June 17 (KUNA) -- French authorities signed here Thursday a "framework convention" with Muslim leaders to help log anti-Muslim racism in this country, the Interior Ministry said.
The framework convention was signed between Interior Minister Brice Hortefeux and the President of the French Council for the Muslim Faith (CFCM), Mohammad Mussawi, whose organization represents the majority of Frances almost six million Muslims.
Hortefeux, for his part, is responsible as Interior Minister for relations with Frances religious groups.

The agreement signed Thursday will lead to the "implementation of a statistical and operational follow-up on anti-Muslim acts," the Interior Ministry said...."

http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesPublicSite/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2095212&Language=en

Pretty amusing as apparently Muslims are a race now. Fucking pathetic.  ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I'd love to hear the apologists and islamofascists lie to us again and claim that they're not working to stifle free speech. I'm sure they'll tie that into some fabricated anti-Islamic attacks and all that jazz to try to prove their fallacious point.

What astounds me is that the sheer amount of hatred and loathing of other religions spewed daily by Muslims on every corner of the globe goes ignored. But of course the world's 24/7/365 victims are allowed to do that! The "islamophobic" West has driven them to do that! But alas, there wasn't a single Western country that appeared among the 13 worst violators of religious freedoms in 2009. There were 10 Muslim countries on the report documenting it, though. ::)

The USA needs to leave the UN immediately. It exists for no other reason than to destroy our sovereignty and the rights our Constitution grants us.

I agree 100 percent...

Who knew that Argon was an element? Symbol of AR and an atomic number of 18... I mean, High School Chemistry be damned.

Fury

• Getbig V
I agree 100 percent...

Who knew that Argon was an element? Symbol of AR and an atomic number of 18... I mean, High School Chemistry be damned.

Ha! A certain someone who claims a 160 IQ didn't know that Argon was an element. Never mind that it's the 3rd most prevalent element in our atmosphere after nitrogen and oxygen. But hey, plenty of geniuses didn't make it through middle school. :D

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Someone please forward them this song.

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Haha.  Given that Barry's playing the role of apologist very nicely, you might be on to something.