Author Topic: Barack Obama has as much chance of becoming president as.....................  (Read 3278 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
I do of winning the Mr. Olympia, discuss.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
What's your physique like?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
What's your physique like?
it's good but i think it's safe to say i won't be winning any NPC National events anytime soon.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
No way a Halfrican American wins in 08.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Another thing you would say on a message board but wouldn't dare peep in public.  Nice.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Another thing you would say on a message board but wouldn't dare peep in public.  Nice.

lol.  Okay.   ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
i agree he wouldn't but when i say it i'm not saying it with any racist intentions i'm just saying to be completely honest and i would tell any black man that, i would say it respectfully though.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
The millions of NASCAR rednecks would vote for Hillary before voting for a "nigra". That's just the way it is.

Or, to cite the example I use to illustrate the dynamic: "Who had top billing in The Pelican Brief?"

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
The millions of NASCAR rednecks would vote for Hillary before voting for a "nigra". That's just the way it is.

you say NASCAR rednecks like it's a bad thing.
W

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
I do of winning the Mr. Olympia, discuss.

No, you have a *much* greater chance of becoming Mr. Olympia. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
you say NASCAR rednecks like it's a bad thing.

it is

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V

Or, to cite the example I use to illustrate the dynamic: "Who had top billing in The Pelican Brief?"

That's not entirely accurate.  The numbers are split...maybe not 50-50, but it's not 90-10 either on the question of whether they'd choose any woman over any Black.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
I’ll side with the racists on this one. :'( 

If history is any indication Barack does not have a chance.  Compare the number of female senators and govenors to the number of black senators and govenors.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

I think Julia Roberts was a bigger star than Denzel back then.  Not true today. 

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
I’ll side with the racists on this one. :'( 

If history is any indication Barack does not have a chance.  Compare the number of female senators and govenors to the number of black senators and govenors.

No, but if he plays his cards right, he may be VP.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
I think Julia Roberts was a bigger star than Denzel back then.  Not true today. 

She had "Pretty Woman".

He had "St. Elsewhere".

Mr. Intenseone

"Is Beach Bum a Racist" ;D??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
"Is Beach Bum a Racist" ;D??

LOL.  Inquiring minds want to know . . . . .  :D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
No, but if he plays his cards right, he may be VP.

Not a chance.  His best hope is a cabinet appointment, or better yet run a good campaign, learn from it and come back in a few years.

I like Barack and his ideas, but he needs more time in the oven.  He is not ready to be President nor VP in my view.  If Hillary is the nominee she will need a more institutional VP like Bill Richardson.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
Not a chance.  His best hope is a cabinet appointment, or better yet run a good campaign, learn from it and come back in a few years.

I like Barack and his ideas, but he needs more time in the oven.  He is not ready to be President nor VP in my view.  If Hillary is the nominee she will need a more institutional VP like Bill Richardson.

Well, it well depend on how "hot" his ticket is once Clinton locks up the nomination. If he's still popular and securing a large enough portion of the vote in his own right, she will select him and ride the wave.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I don't think the VP role will matter much, but I do think it'll be a white male.  Something for those people who hate Bush but want to vote at least half for a "good ol boy". 

I don't know why nobody is mentioning Clark.  Remember Clintons endorsing Clark in 2004? ;)

Bill Clinton is a BIG UN guy.  Clark has great realtionships there and moreso with NATO (hello afghanistan) , while Bush has completely alienated them.  Hilary has said the war will end in 2009 if she gets in.  The pieces are all there to repair the mess this greedy admin has made.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
I don't think the VP role will matter much, but I do think it'll be a white male. 

It will probably be chosen in the court of public appeal. But if Obama is strong and is securing more than just the black/minority vote, he will be a real possibility.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
yeah, could be him, definitely.  I do fear that on specifics, hilary will bury him in the debates though.  She watched all the black bag ops via pillow talk for 8 years, and has had 6 years to hear Bill's take on everything Bush did.  She's been publicly humiliated so her skin is thick - if obama breaks a sweat he's thru. 

politically, she's probably one of the brightest 10 people on the planet.  She's had 14 years of listening, as both sides of the aisle see their best and worst moments.  Plus she understands how things "really work" as far as long term oil interests, etc.. obama is very JFK-ish in his approach.  It's great, I love it, but I know those idealistic, change-oriented people don't win anymore since JFK.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
yeah, could be him, definitely.  I do fear that on specifics, hilary will bury him in the debates though.  She watched all the black bag ops via pillow talk for 8 years, and has had 6 years to hear Bill's take on everything Bush did.  She's been publicly humiliated so her skin is thick - if obama breaks a sweat he's thru. 

Hilary did more than just watch & listen. Hilary planned, & strategized with the best of them.
She is very much a political architect in her own right. As much as I love Bill Clinton, even I am not foolish enough to think he did it alone. in his inauguration he clearly stated the American public was getting 2 for the price of one. He wasn't lying. Part of his strength was Hilary's active involvement in government policy issues... whether that role was publicly acknowledged or not. Hilary will not be the first female President your country has known. She was the 2nd Eleanor Roosevelt was the 1[su]st.[/sup] Hilary was the 2nd., ...and now she is hoping she will be the 3rd as well.

politically, she's probably one of the brightest 10 people on the planet.  She's had 14 years of listening, as both sides of the aisle see their best and worst moments.  Plus she understands how things "really work" as far as long term oil interests, etc.. obama is very JFK-ish in his approach.  It's great, I love it, but I know those idealistic, change-oriented people don't win anymore since JFK.

Bright that woman definitely is!

Funny you should mention JFK. I used to think the ideal ticket was Clinton/Kennedy, as in Hilary Clinton for President, John F Kennedy Jr. for VP. That would have been a glorious dynamic duo, ...but it was not to be. Sadly, that dream got shot down over the Atlantic.  :'(

As for Barack Obama, I think if everyone voted their conscience, rather than voting for someone they think is a 'winnable' candidate, you'd be surprised how big his support would be. The problem is, people are fearful of wasting their vote. There is no such thing as wasting your vote. Your candidate might not win, ...but it does send a very clear message to those that do that the platforms of a particular candidate had better be considered in policy because it represents a significant portion of the constituency.
w