Author Topic: Dealers Still Waiting For Clunker Cash  (Read 1645 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Dealers Still Waiting For Clunker Cash
« on: September 01, 2009, 04:55:25 AM »
Dealers Still Waiting For Clunker Cash

Auto makers will release their monthly sales reports Tuesday and they're expected to show the first year-to-year increase since 2007.  While the Cash for Clunkers program is getting all the credit, local car dealers are still waiting for their cash.

During the month long program, Billion Automotive sold close to a thousand vehicles but has only been reimbursed for 272 of them.  Vern Eide sold over 200 cars and has only been paid for 27 of them, and that's fueling lots of concerns in the auto industry.

Billion Automotive cashed in during Cash for Clunkers, but owner Dave Billion is still waiting for the rest of his money from the government run program, $3.2 million.

"I wonder how long they'd wait if I owed them $3.2 million.  I think they'd be at my door or at least my banker's door," Billion said. Even though Billion is beginning to get some of his reimbursement money, he's still concerned because he says there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the program.

When Cash for Clunkers was first announced, dealers were supposed to be reimbursed within 10 days of a sale. Billion says that hasn't happened.

"The program started in July and we haven't gotten paid for cars we sold back then, but then on the other hand we got paid for a car we sold last week.  They don't have an accurate format.  It's not like they're taking the first deals that were submitted and working those.  I don't know how they're doing it, no idea.  I know it's very random" Billion said.

Plus, he's had problems getting some vehicles qualified.

"We had a situation where we had a submission, they rejected it for multiple reasons.  We didn't see anything wrong with it, so we resubmitted it.  They rejected, we resubmitted it.  They rejected it, seven times and finally they paid it, and we never changed a single thing on it," Billion said.

But Billion thinks he'll get his money eventually, it just may take longer than what the government first said.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________

I wonder if they will treat medical claims the same way.  I thought only insurance companies did this garbage? 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Dealers Still Waiting For Clunker Cash
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 07:47:38 AM »
I dare you to make fifty anti Obama threads in one hour.

Betcha can't.
G

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:48:36 AM »
I dare you to make fifty anti Obama threads in one hour.

Betcha can't.

Bet he can  ;D
S

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 08:10:56 AM »
I miss the 50 pointless Palin threads  we had every day.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »

Bindare - anything that sheds light on the failures of the govt in these schemes gets me attacked.  Its sort of like the kids who dont want believe Santa Claus does not exist. 

BTW - No one is stopping anyone from posting Palin articles. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 08:21:39 AM »

everybody kept bitching at me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:24:32 AM »

Relax 240 - you know most people like you even though you piss them off. 

Dont worry - Palin is getting attacked already over her speech in Hong Kong that is coming up.  I am sure you will be all over that.   ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 08:28:01 AM »

awww, sorry 240.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »
Dont worry - Palin is getting attacked already over her speech in Hong Kong that is coming up.  I am sure you will be all over that.   ;D

hey, she's one of the great modern thinkers of our time.  

her ability to support reckless bush economic policies while at the same time calling for the govt to 'leave our money alone' is an example of how to straddle a fence as only a 45-year old grandmother can.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 08:32:15 AM »
Did I mention that I would touch my tongue to Mrs. P's butt hole.  ???
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 08:33:19 AM »
Did I mention that I would touch my tongue to Mrs. P's butt hole.  ???

Do us all a favor, and ban me from this board.  I contribute nothing anymore.  :-X
S

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 08:34:29 AM »
hey, she's one of the great modern thinkers of our time.  

her ability to support reckless bush economic policies while at the same time calling for the govt to 'leave our money alone' is an example of how to straddle a fence as only a 45-year old grandmother can.

The thing that always irked me about all the Palin threads is that she is completely irrelevant. She doesn't have the power to effect anything that will in turn effect the people in any real meaningful way, other than a laugh on SNL or some shit. The current administrations choices do. Really, whats more important?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 08:38:50 AM »
This program was a huge success!!!Ha,ha,ha,yeah,for everyone but the people who had "skin in the game".For them its,bend over ,grab your ankles while Obama runs up in you.They arent going to get their money.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 08:50:29 AM »
This program was a huge success!!!Ha,ha,ha,yeah,for everyone but the people who had "skin in the game".For them its,bend over ,grab your ankles while Obama runs up in you.They arent going to get their money.

Dont forget the Japanese car companies who profited off of this greatly. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 09:15:54 AM »
Car Dealers Still Waiting On 'Clunkers' Cash Reporting
Mai Martinez CHICAGO (CBS) ―  Click to enlarge1 of 1
CBS

Here's the figure: $2.878 billion. That's how much money the government owes car dealers for the "Cash for Clunkers" program.

More than $200 million of that is owed to dealers in Illinois and Indiana, so CBS 2's Mai Martinez checked with some of  them to see how much money they've collected from Uncle Sam.

Now that the popular program has ended, many dealerships are asking the federal government to "show me the money."

CAPTURE MY CHICAGO: Send us your pictures of Chicagoland. You could get published in a book.

"Out of 142 deals they owe us for, we've gotten paid on seven," Lou Tornabeni of Ettleson Hyundai said.

"We had 102 cash for clunkers," Carm Scarpace of Westfield Ford said. "We've been paid for one."

With each Cash for Clunkers deal worth between $3,500 and $4,500, many dealerships are anxiously awaiting their government payday.

Some, like Advantage Chevrolet, which sold cars up until the last minute, have more than half a million dollars on the line.

"It was chaotic towards the end," Jason Roberts said.

Roberts says his dealership sold 142 cars under the program -- for a total of about $568,000 in government rebates. So far, the dealership has only been paid about $68,000 for about 17 of the deals, which means Uncle Sam still owes them roughly $500,000.

"It's not crippling, but it definitely affects the cash flow on a regular basis," Roberts said.

Roberts says his dealership can handle the cash crunch, but others may not be as lucky, especially if they didn't follow the government's strict guidelines for the program.

"We know of one dealer that sold 40 cars under the Cash for Clunkers programs, and out of those 40 cars, he's expecting to get paid on eight," Roberts said.

But even those who did follow the guidelines say they won't rest easy until they have the cash in hand. For Westfield Ford, that's about $400,000.

"You're always nervous when the money's out there, but you've got to believe in the government," Scarpace said. "It should come back to us."

The million-dollar – or should we say, billion-dollar -- question now is when? Dealers say they don't know, but it can't come soon enough.

One of the dealers told us, originally, the government was supposed to pay them within 10 days of receiving their paperwork. But with more than 690,000 cars sold under the program, that dealer says he's not expecting payment for another 30 to 45 days.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __

If any of your idiots and morons think health care will be any different, i have bridge 9 miles south of me to sell you. 

What a  disgrace our govt is.  A pure disgrace and failure. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 09:19:03 AM »
The thing that always irked me about all the Palin threads is that she is completely irrelevant. She doesn't have the power to effect anything that will in turn effect the people in any real meaningful way, other than a laugh on SNL or some shit. The current administrations choices do. Really, whats more important?
^this^

240 uses palin to distract from the gaffes, hypocrisey and plain idiocy of the obama administration and thats all there is to it...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 09:22:48 AM »
^this^

240 uses palin to distract from the gaffes, hypocrisey and plain idiocy of the obama administration and thats all there is to it...

Tony:

I now posted 2 articles detailing exactly what occured with C4C as far as the dealers go.  How many posts are on the article itself? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 09:24:24 AM »
Tony:

I now posted 2 articles detailing exactly what occured with C4C as far as the dealers go.  How many posts are on the article itself? 
hahah none I like your point about what it says about claims from docters etc if the govt where to run healthcare...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 09:28:47 AM »
hahah none I like your point about what it says about claims from docters etc if the govt where to run healthcare...

This is exactly my point to the liberal clowns on this board.  We now have a perfect example of how the govt operates on a much smaller scale in dealing with claims, payments etc. 

I want just one of these liberal dreamers to explain to me how and why I should believe that a govt run health care program will deal with claims, payments, etc any different than this was? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 09:31:46 AM »
This is exactly my point to the liberal clowns on this board.  We now have a perfect example of how the govt operates on a much smaller scale in dealing with claims, payments etc. 

I want just one of these liberal dreamers to explain to me how and why I should believe that a govt run health care program will deal with claims, payments, etc any different than this was? 

especially with millions more claims and fraud cases etc....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:17 AM »
especially with millions more claims and fraud cases etc....

Exactly.

While what we have now needs reform, putting the govt in charge is unthinkable. 

C4C may have done as much damage to Obamacare as anything else just in showing how inept, incompetent, and deficient the govt is in almost everything is touches. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 09:39:31 AM »

I disagree.  I think she has huge potential to influence elections in 2012 and beyond.

If she's not the #1 republican candidate, who is?

And all she has to do is win more votes in the 2012 primaries.  She'll win the nod.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »
I disagree.  I think she has huge potential to influence elections in 2012 and beyond.

If she's not the #1 republican candidate, who is?

And all she has to do is win more votes in the 2012 primaries.  She'll win the nod.  
wtf does it matter? its 3+ yrs away apparently you think that everyone will forget obamas hypocrisey and idiotic move after idiotic move his pushing of far left liberal agenda and spending us into oblivion but you think ppl wont forget about palin?

just plain idiocy 240 you should really try to keep track of your posts i know you just try to stir up shit but it makes you look like an idiot 99% of the time...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 09:45:59 AM »
wtf does it matter? its 3+ yrs away apparently you think that everyone will forget obamas hypocrisey and idiotic move after idiotic move his pushing of far left liberal agenda and spending us into oblivion but you think ppl wont forget about palin?

just plain idiocy 240 you should really try to keep track of your posts i know you just try to stir up shit but it makes you look like an idiot 99% of the time...

I do think most voters won't understand and sure won't remember cap/trade in 3 years.

Do you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 09:49:07 AM »
I do think most voters won't understand and sure won't remember cap/trade in 3 years.

Do you?

240 - this thread is about C4C, not palin. 

Jeez dude.