Author Topic: sternum pull-ups  (Read 21796 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: sternum pull-ups
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »
Hmmmmmm.........well I have no problem with Donny expressing himself anyway he wants. Don't care for any of my stuff...than perhaps don't bother to read any of it, seems like a option for him.

Not sure why all the anger, or maybe unhappiness in his personal life, coming from him in my direction...but he can flame away at me all he wants.  It is the internet after all. Sure if we met in person, there could be common ground between us (notice I'm using the Sun Tzu approach here). I'll buy the first round at a nice little beach bar on PCH.

Donny is encouraged to take this up with the mods, or Ron himself, if the vile, disturbing and insulting post of mine upset him so much.   Good Luck.
  ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 07:56:59 PM »
well monty if jpm says to Do it...my advice is don't do it..like his one arm chins.

I certainly don't care for all of Vince's ideas, but I've found some of them worth exploring.
To get this thread somewhat back on topic, Scott used to do a type of pull-up in which he only really contracted the scapula. I don't know if he threw that in the seminar to make attendees feel like they were getting something obscure/special, or if he actually used them when competing.

Are you familiar with these, Don?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2013, 08:03:29 PM »
Yes I have tried them but find them very hard to feel . Looks easy on the video but It's hard to do correctly.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
Yes I have tried them but find them very hard to feel . Looks easy on the video but It's hard to do correctly.

Yeah. I've only tried them once, and probably didn't do them correctly because I didn't feel them either. This thread reminded me of them again, though, in thinking of some of the less common older movements and their variations.
That's why I like threads like these.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2013, 04:47:23 AM »
looks like shoulder impingement hell to me... also... straps? really?