Author Topic: water  (Read 1347 times)

400club

• Getbig II
water
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:54:14 PM »
What do I do for extreme water retention besides come off gear? Does anything over counter work?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: water
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:15:40 PM »
What do I do for extreme water retention besides come off gear? Does anything over counter work?

Cut back on your carbs. Not joking, carb intake can affect this more than anything.

I know tons of guys who use anadrol and/or dbol on a contest cycle, they're not bloated, several guys, not tons who use deca almost all the way through a show, they're not bloated. Know tons and tons of guys who run test all the way up to their show, they're not bloated...why? Their carb intake is in line.

You can take an AI such as arimidex or letrozol, this will help some and most guys do so while dieting but if you have "extreme" water retention, this will only help so much.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 11:26:38 PM »
cutting back on carbs WILL work. but that will also effect your results.

ways to reduce water without effecting gains=

drink as much water as you can, sip it all day long.
take in lots of fruits and vegetables.
take cranberry extract and milkthistle

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 12:05:41 AM »
cutting back on carbs WILL work. but that will also effect your results.

ways to reduce water without effecting gains=

drink as much water as you can, sip it all day long.
take in lots of fruits and vegetables.
take cranberry extract and milkthistle

Yes, but most guys eat more carbs than they need...when I say most I mean most all.

I know you equate gains to size gained...at least that's what most of your post imply...and that's fine, if that's what matters to you or any other person...but size gains to me are not everything.

Another thing about the carbs, the types of carbs he's eating could have a huge impact on this. For instance, something I noticed a few a couple years ago, I can eat the same amount of carbs every day...lets just say 300g because that's an easy number to work with...if a large portion of those carbs are coming from rice, doesn't matter if it's brown or white, I hold more water and I'm more bloated. If I was to eat 150g of carbs from rice per day, half my daily carbs if I was eating 300 carbs, I'd be bloated and watery as crap.

For that reason, I don't eat a lot of rice...hardly any at all unless it's a cheat meal with some Chinese food or the occasional "regular" meal in the wk that might have some rice, but it's rare. I do much better with oats...which is actually my prime source for carbs...a little potatoes and some waxy maze, that's it...not counting vegetable carbs.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 04:41:25 AM »
Yes, but most guys eat more carbs than they need...when I say most I mean most all.

I know you equate gains to size gained...at least that's what most of your post imply...and that's fine, if that's what matters to you or any other person...but size gains to me are not everything.

Another thing about the carbs, the types of carbs he's eating could have a huge impact on this. For instance, something I noticed a few a couple years ago, I can eat the same amount of carbs every day...lets just say 300g because that's an easy number to work with...if a large portion of those carbs are coming from rice, doesn't matter if it's brown or white, I hold more water and I'm more bloated. If I was to eat 150g of carbs from rice per day, half my daily carbs if I was eating 300 carbs, I'd be bloated and watery as crap.

For that reason, I don't eat a lot of rice...hardly any at all unless it's a cheat meal with some Chinese food or the occasional "regular" meal in the wk that might have some rice, but it's rare. I do much better with oats...which is actually my prime source for carbs...a little potatoes and some waxy maze, that's it...not counting vegetable carbs.

Very much agree.  Rice also bloats me and i treat it the same way you do, very infequently do i eat it.  Oats and sweet potatos seem to work best here for carbs.

400club

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 12:14:23 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone, cutting carbs!

bigjoered

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 06:57:30 PM »
Curious what were the doses of Dbol or drol being used that caused you to be concerned about water retention.  I tend to stay lean anyway but I never had much problem with using Dbol and water retention while on but my use of both is usually only part way of a test cycle.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 08:10:26 PM »

take a diuretic that is prescription strength, not no OTC crap.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 10:59:18 PM »
Curious what were the doses of Dbol or drol being used that caused you to be concerned about water retention.  I tend to stay lean anyway but I never had much problem with using Dbol and water retention while on but my use of both is usually only part way of a test cycle.

In all honesty, unless someone is very sensitive, the dose shouldn't matter all that much when it comes to bloat. I've run 100mg of anadrol a day many times and been just fine. There's been other times when I've been off everything and anything, and been bloated as crap...food is everything, even when it comes to this topic.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 11:12:43 PM »
How extreme are we talking?

250lbsGOINGon280lbs

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 04:13:54 AM »
arimadex is great ... lasix if used correctly , taraxatone or any other natural diruetics at teh health food stores can help a little bit main thing is DIET ! cut the salt sodium carbs .. you are what you eat

Equilibrium

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 07:15:47 AM »
Why add more chemicals to the situation, drink more water and use glycerol before bed.  If it is that bad switch gear, I trust you are using pharma grade?
YOU MAKE ME SICK