Author Topic: Pats extend Warren for 5 years!  (Read 838 times)

body88

Pats extend Warren for 5 years!
« on: August 22, 2007, 07:58:49 AM »
Considering Warren is one of the best DL in football, and the amount of cash he could have gotten on the open market, I am shocked at how cap friendly this deal is. Have to respect a classy guy who loves his team, and takes that loyalty into consideration over just the money. Signing a deal like this shows he cares about the pats continuing to be very successful at managing there cap. 17.5 mill over five years for Ty Warren? Shows the guy cares about more then just money. Good for him.

PATS TIE UP WARREN

The Patriots have signed defensive end Ty Warren to a five-year, $36 million extension, which includes $17.5 million in guaranteed money, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Warren had two years remaining on his rookie deal, which was signed after the Pats made him a first-round pick in 2003. He was due to earn $1.075 million in base salary this year and $1.45 million in base salary in 2008.

Warren is part of a stellar three-man line, composed exclusively of first-round draft picks. Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork, a first-rounder in 2004, is signed through 2009. Defensive end Richard Seymour, a first-rounder in 2001, also is under contract through 2009.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Pats extend Warren for 5 years!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 08:19:19 AM »
I hope T-Sizzle is next in line for an extension somtime in the next couple of weeks. The Ravens would be smart to get this out of the way before the regular season starts.

That's Terrell Suggs for you non-Ravens fans. ;)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 08:50:16 AM »
They have him wrapped until 2013...A. Samuel should be making his appearance soon...I hope
L

body88

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:00:11 AM »
I hope T-Sizzle is next in line for an extension somtime in the next couple of weeks. The Ravens would be smart to get this out of the way before the regular season starts.

That's Terrell Suggs for you non-Ravens fans. ;)

Suggs is a beast.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 12:47:52 PM »