Author Topic: Fedor - Road to Redemption....  (Read 7579 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Fedor - Road to Redemption....
« on: February 14, 2011, 02:25:13 PM »
If I were Fedor/M-1, here's what I would do:

1 - ask for the loser of Overeem vs Werdum.  If he can beat Overeem, that immediately puts him back in the top 5.  If he beats Werdum, he avenges a loss and also gets put back in the top 5-10.

2 - He should then ask for the winner of the tournament, which I think will be Barnett of Alistar.  If he can can through this, he should finish his contract with StrikeForce by beating a few more cans.

3 - Do a 3 fight deal with the UFC where he fights one can (Congo), one contender (JDS or Carwin) and whomever the title holder is.

That's about 6-7 fights, which would take 2-3 years.  If he can do that, he will have truly earned the title of the greatest ever.
w

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: Fedor - Road to Redemption....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 02:31:20 PM »

1 - ask for the loser of Overeem vs Werdum.  If he can beat Overeem, that immediately puts him back in the top 5.  If he beats Werdum, he avenges a loss and also gets put back in the top 5-10.

2 - He should then ask for the winner of the tournament, which I think will be Barnett of Alistar.  If he can can through this, he should finish his contract with StrikeForce by beating a few more cans.

3 - Do a 3 fight deal with the UFC where he fights one can (Congo), one contender (JDS or Carwin) and whomever the title holder is.

That's about 6-7 fights, which would take 2-3 years.  If he can do that, he will have truly earned the title of the greatest ever.

Fedor has to want to fight first before he can do anything. Fedor displayed zero explosiveness. Nothing like before. The weight differential meant nothing his brother is as big as bigfoot silva. I just saw a guy wanting to land a wicked counter and possibly GNP to victory.

The way he was taken down by a dude that size and he just stand there in a trance was insane. The guy wants to shut it down imo and M-1 is holding him hostage.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 04:54:30 PM »
Fedor has to want to fight first before he can do anything. Fedor displayed zero explosiveness. Nothing like before. The weight differential meant nothing his brother is as big as bigfoot silva. I just saw a guy wanting to land a wicked counter and possibly GNP to victory.

The way he was taken down by a dude that size and he just stand there in a trance was insane. The guy wants to shut it down imo and M-1 is holding him hostage.

M-1 ruined Fedor.
w

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 05:10:12 PM »
M-1 ruined Fedor.

absolutely...

if he signed with the UFC and got beat, I'd give him a lot more credit than I'm willing to give him right now if he calls it quits..

IMO he can still save some face if he fights on from this point, but to just drop out now would absolutely kill his reputation and legacy

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:07:54 PM »

1 - ask for the loser of Overeem vs Werdum.  If he can beat Overeem, that immediately puts him back in the top 5.  If he beats Werdum, he avenges a loss and also gets put back in the top 5-10.

2 - He should then ask for the winner of the tournament, which I think will be Barnett of Alistar.  If he can can through this, he should finish his contract with StrikeForce by beating a few more cans.

That's about 6-7 fights, which would take 2-3 years.  If he can do that, he will have truly earned the title of the greatest ever.

Fedor will not redeem himself. The heavyweights of today are too big for him. The heavyweight ranks are full of 260+ lbs monsters who are lean at that weight. The Fedor of 2004 could still find a way to prevail against these huge odds, and even the Fedor in 2004 would lose several fights to these guys, but Fedor of 2011 is too old and past his prime to defeat these monsters. If he keeps fighting, I can see him losing pretty much every fight from now on except against the smaller heavyweights or very inexperienced large heavies. Having physics fight against you is a bitch. That is why the existence of weight classes.

Sakuraba was at one point the best pound-for-pound fighter in the World, and yet he got demolished and destroyed by much less skilled heavyweights who outweighted him by more than 50 lbs because the Japs didn't care about weight classes. He was better technically than they were in every way, and yet they demolished him with nothing but superior power and reach.

Having said this, Fedor is still the best heavyweight in the World pound-for-pound. What I mean by this is that if all heavyweights dropped to his weight, he would destroy all of them. Silva was 285 lbs in the cage and yet Fedor outstriked him in the first round and won the round. In the second round, Fedor got a beating but still was completely conscious at the end of the round. If Fedor and Silva were the same weight, or even if Silva had "only" 20 lbs on Fedor, the latter would have destroyed him.

What pisses me off about you, MindSpin, is that you don't give Fedor any credit. He fought a guy who outweighted him by 55 lbs, he won the first round and he lost because the doctor stopped the fight and not because he was KOd or submitted. That is very impressive, and yet you claim he was "exposed". Do you think GSP would be able to win any round against a lesser heavyweight like Check? He would get destroyed. Fedor is truly the best pound-for-pound ever. He is the only one who can hold his own against guys who outweight him by three weight classes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 06:48:06 AM »
 Fedor will not redeem himself. The heavyweights of today are too big for him. The heavyweight ranks are full of 260+ lbs monsters who are lean at that weight. The Fedor of 2004 could still find a way to prevail against these huge odds, and even the Fedor in 2004 would lose several fights to these guys, but Fedor of 2011 is too old and past his prime to defeat these monsters. If he keeps fighting, I can see him losing pretty much every fight from now on except against the smaller heavyweights or very inexperienced large heavies. Having physics fight against you is a bitch. That is why the existence of weight classes.

Sakuraba was at one point the best pound-for-pound fighter in the World, and yet he got demolished and destroyed by much less skilled heavyweights who outweighted him by more than 50 lbs because the Japs didn't care about weight classes. He was better technically than they were in every way, and yet they demolished him with nothing but superior power and reach.

Having said this, Fedor is still the best heavyweight in the World pound-for-pound. What I mean by this is that if all heavyweights dropped to his weight, he would destroy all of them. Silva was 285 lbs in the cage and yet Fedor outstriked him in the first round and won the round. In the second round, Fedor got a beating but still was completely conscious at the end of the round. If Fedor and Silva were the same weight, or even if Silva had "only" 20 lbs on Fedor, the latter would have destroyed him.

What pisses me off about you, MindSpin, is that you don't give Fedor any credit. He fought a guy who outweighted him by 55 lbs, he won the first round and he lost because the doctor stopped the fight and not because he was KOd or submitted. That is very impressive, and yet you claim he was "exposed". Do you think GSP would be able to win any round against a lesser heavyweight like Check? He would get destroyed. Fedor is truly the best pound-for-pound ever. He is the only one who can hold his own against guys who outweight him by three weight classes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I'm going to disagree on the size theory when it comes to fedor. A lot has been mentioned of this guy silva being big and possibly outweighing him by 50, but fedor has a brother he spars and trains with that is way bigger than silva. Alex is 6'6 280 on a light day probably...I get he's old but, he knows his way around bigger guys..

..I get the whole good big man beats a good small man logic, but silva is not dynamic as a big man at all. Fedor should have dispatched of him, sprawled , turned silva and let his big ass fall, stand over him and hammer fisted that gigantic head then pulled an arm bar to victory vintage fedor style (which he very well may have done in the third....we'll never know)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:40:34 AM »
For $14.99 he can get a head start on that road back to the top!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 11:44:47 AM »
he already has the title of greatest ever

who is better?

i'm waiting ::)

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »
he already has the title of greatest ever

who is better?

i'm waiting ::)

E

Fedor is so far removed from the #1 HW ranking currently. If he ever wants it back, he will have to earn it.

That's all I care about.

Justice was served for sure!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »
who is the best ever?

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
who is the best ever?

E
Saying you're the best heavyweight ever is not saying much.  Until recently, heavyweight MMA fighters have primarily been oversized, unskilled and un-athletic. Now that we're finally getting some real talent in MMA heavies, being ranked #1 actually means something.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »
Saying you're the best heavyweight ever is not saying much.  Until recently, heavyweight MMA fighters have primarily been oversized, unskilled and un-athletic. Now that we're finally getting some real talent in MMA heavies, being ranked #1 actually means something.

so basically you're saying Fedor is the best ever

who in the heavyweight division has Fedor's deadly combination of stand up, submissions, wrestling, jui jitsu etc along with the outstanding resume?

all i see are one trick pony's

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 04:13:16 PM »

who in the heavyweight division has Fedor's deadly combination of stand up, submissions, wrestling, jui jitsu etc along with the outstanding resume?

E

Earl, you're a smart guy.  I'm having a hard time believing that you're not just trolling on this issue.  It is more clear than ever, that most of Fedor's wins were against crummy opposition.  With all the fight fixing that went on in Pride, the few high caliber opponents he did face where very questionable wins.  Even at that, it was years ago.

I would put guys like Barnette, Caine, Couture, Overeem, etc. above Fedor.  It's true that their records have more blemishes, but they all fought better opposition.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 04:21:39 PM »

E

Well for starters at looks like Silva is better in these areas. He almost submitted Fedor several times, beat him in stand-up and GnP. Took him down too.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 04:27:31 PM »
Earl, you're a smart guy.  I'm having a hard time believing that you're not just trolling on this issue.  It is more clear than ever, that most of Fedor's wins were against crummy opposition.  With all the fight fixing that went on in Pride, the few high caliber opponents he did face where very questionable wins.  Even at that, it was years ago.

I would put guys like Barnette, Caine, Couture, Overeem, etc. above Fedor.  It's true that their records have more blemishes, but they all fought better opposition.

LOL. man you're crazy. For starters just who in the hell has overeem beat his ENTIRE MMA CAREER to even put him in any list? This fool used to get MURDERED in Pride.

He held his own in K-1 (he's lucky bahr hari didn't participate this year or he'd Ko'd reems a$$ again), but he got sh*t housed most of his mma career by the better fighters.

Barnett 0-3 vs cro cop at pride. cain....lol  I'll give randy street cred for taking on all comers no matter the size.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
LOL. man you're crazy. For starters just who in the hell has overeem beat his ENTIRE MMA CAREER to even put him in any list? This fool used to get MURDERED in Pride.

He held his own in K-1 (he's lucky bahr hari didn't participate this year or he'd Ko'd reems a$$ again), but he got sh*t housed most of his mma career by the better fighters.

Barnett 0-3 vs cro cop at pride. cain....lol  I'll give randy street cred for taking on all comers no matter the size.

Like I said, these guys all have plenty of blemishes, but at least they've fought and not ducked fights or wasted time with cans...
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »

hahaha and i'm trolling

barnett's biggest win was against an overrated randy (can't believe you actually mentioned him ::) and nog, who fedor beat twice

cain beats brock and how he's the best ever?  are you serious?  overeem ??? ???

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 09:06:57 PM »
Well for starters at looks like Silva is better in these areas. He almost submitted Fedor several times, beat him in stand-up and GnP. Took him down too.

which silva?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »
who are randy's biggest wins?  chuck and tito?

E
E

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 09:12:21 PM »

Like I said, these guys all have plenty of blemishes, but at least they've fought and not ducked fights or wasted time with cans...

The above quotation outlines precisely why this board is complete shit and nobody posts here with regularity. Barnett, Overeem, Cain Velasquez and Overeem over Fedor all time? Your mother must have been addicted to methadone and glue sniffing when she was pregnant with you.
Randy is somewhat debatable but only because he held titles in multiple weight classes. As a HW, its not even debatable; Fedor by a mile.
I've stayed out of the pointless  Fedor debates on here over the past few days for the most part because its the same 2 morons and their gimmick accounts arguing with practically the entire website over what amounts to a moot point. He's retiring, he's past his prime and that's that. I normally wouldn't indulge the above quotation and its delusional author, but I just want to point out that such nonsensical commentary from MMA know nothings proves two obvious things; 1)Fedor owns your minds ( or in this case the two or three brain cells you have) and (2) the ambiguously gay duo leading the anti Fedor cheerleading squad is representative of MMA fans that know absolutely nothing about the sport or fighting in general. Please continue; your unhealthy obsession with all things Fedor only cements his legacy  and makes your stupidity more apparent.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 10:08:27 PM »
which silva?

E

Which Silva just destroyed Fedor in all areas this past weekend? Only one Silva fought this weekend.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 12:27:45 PM »

Which Silva just destroyed Fedor in all areas this past weekend? Only one Silva fought this weekend.

so you think trevor berbick had a better resume and was a better fighter than ali, since he beat him when he was past his prime?

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 12:40:55 PM »
so you think trevor berbick had a better resume and was a better fighter than ali, since he beat him when he was past his prime?

E

I think you have lost track of what we are discussing here.  Some may consider Fedor a legend, GOAT, etc. I don't care about that.

Bigfoot demolished Fedor this past Saturday.  Does it mean that Bigfoot is better....some could say that CURRENTLY Bigfoot is.

Does Bigfoot have a better resume, that is debatable and pointless really.

Got it?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »
I think you have lost track of what we are discussing here.  Some may consider Fedor a legend, GOAT, etc. I don't care about that.

Bigfoot demolished Fedor this past Saturday.  Does it mean that Bigfoot is better....some could say that CURRENTLY Bigfoot is.

Does Bigfoot have a better resume, that is debatable and pointless really.

Got it?

it is not debateable, no heavyweight has a better resume which makes him the best fighter ever

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »
it is not debateable, no heavyweight has a better resume which makes him the best fighter ever

E

This is not fact now, nor ever will be. You feel one way, many feel another way. Debatable.

He screwed many fans by preventing the fights that people wanted to see (signing with the UFC) while he was still relevant. He also declined Overeem TWICE.
This resulted in Fedor going out in embarrassing fashion against a 5-1 underdog. Karma is a bitch.