Author Topic: Fedor - Road to Redemption....  (Read 7576 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Fedor - Road to Redemption....
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 02:56:46 PM »
This is not fact now, nor ever will be. You feel one way, many feel another way. Debatable.

He screwed many fans by preventing the fights that people wanted to see (signing with the UFC) while he was still relevant. He also declined Overeem TWICE.
This resulted in Fedor going out in embarrassing fashion against a 5-1 underdog. Karma is a bitch.

it is not debateable until you can name fighters with better resume

no trolling with naming randy and barnet ::)

ps fedor is the only thing you post about on getbig, could he own your mind anymore?

E
E

suckmymuscle

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »
  Earl makes a good point - and I hate to agree with him. Even if Fedor is mediocre according to you, if no one else has a better resume, then he is the greatest heavyweight ever. This is simple logic. And if it means that he is mediocre, it only means that the UFC heavyweights are even worse.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 10:03:19 PM »
A record is not the best way to determine GOAT.  Yes, Fedor has the best record. However, when we take a closer look, we find that it's filled with noname cans.
w

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 10:13:37 PM »
A record is not the best way to determine GOAT.  Yes, Fedor has the best record. However, when we take a closer look, we find that it's filled with noname cans.

We should have your mod buttons pulled on this quote alone. Any ounce of credibility went straight down the shitter when I dug up this little doozy of a statement.

Hahahaha...Roy Nelson is a top 5 heavyweight, that's a hoot!

Roy is no joke and a perfect example of how over developed muscle has NOTHING to do with the ability to kick someones ass.  I think he's one of the top 5-6 heavyweights right now.  He's a BJJ blackbelt (watch him own Mir at Grapplers Challenge on youtube) and has serious KO power.  

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 07:01:54 AM »
We should have your mod buttons pulled on this quote alone. Any ounce of credibility went straight down the shitter when I dug up this little doozy of a statement.

One of 3 or 4 statements in this thread alone that should result in his mod status being pulled. He contradicts himself constantly, and shows on a daily basis that he knows absolutely jack shit about MMA.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 09:28:47 AM »
LOL...the only reason mod status should be pulled, is of someone misuses the mod powers.  Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean that I should get demoded. 

It's really killing you guys....lol.
w

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 10:05:40 AM »

if JDS gets Lesnar out of there fairly quick like I think he will,the fact that Nelson stood in there with him for 15 minutes is going to raise old boys stock a lot

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
LOL...the only reason mod status should be pulled, is of someone misuses the mod powers.  Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean that I should get demoded. 

It's really killing you guys....lol.

You're entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts. If your opinion was consistent, I wouldn't care very much about what you think. The fact that you're the mod of a board and are utterly clueless on the topics being discussed on that board is what agitates other people. Your "opinion" doesn't mean anything. It's like a nine year old who is still in 4th grade moderating an internet message board about Quantum Mechanics. His opinion doesn't really hold much weight.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
With all due respect, there is little to no "facts-based" discourse going on, on this board.  99% of it is purely opinion.  When I have an opinion on something, I do base it on facts.  Like the fact that 2/3 of Fedor's opponents can be categorized as "cans" i.e. they have less than 5 fights on their record, or they've lost more than they won.  So, relying on Fedor's record to call him the GOAT, if flawed, and that is a fact.  IMO, some of his wins were fixed.  That is not a fact, but an opinion based on the fact that Pride had mob ties and it has been proven that some fights were fixed.  It is also a fact that Fedor refused to fight any notable opponents in the last 5 years.  From that fact, a deduce that he was afraid of loosing.

In summary, Fedor was an overhyped mediocre fighter.  
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
so start naming these fights that were fixed along with the fighters with more quality wins and less "cans"

arlovski had a top 3 ranking when fedor fought him, barnett was number 2 until his failed test, werdum and rodgers were in the top 10

what is your definition of a "notable opponent" if fighting top 10 fighters isn't notable?  who is the can he fought recently other than hong man choi?

E
E

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 01:25:50 PM »
if JDS gets Lesnar out of there fairly quick like I think he will,the fact that Nelson stood in there with him for 15 minutes is going to raise old boys stock a lot

Sure it will raise his stock a little but really the only thing it proves is that Big Country can take a beating just like Tex Cobb or George Chuvalo in the world of boxing.

While that is certainly respectable it does not translate to being one of the top Heavyweights out there.

Regardless, I can't see Nelson giving Mir any troubles.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 01:53:49 PM »
Sure it will raise his stock a little but really the only thing it proves is that Big Country can take a beating just like Tex Cobb or George Chuvalo in the world of boxing.

While that is certainly respectable it does not translate to being one of the top Heavyweights out there.

Regardless, I can't see Nelson giving Mir any troubles.

he's a darkhorse for sure, but the division needs guys like him and mitrione to keep everyone else on their toes...

you can probably throw Schaub  in there before long as well as far a being a capable "spoiler"..

people will argue that strikeforces heavyweights are on the same level as the UFC's ,but that's bullshit because strikeforce has no second tier heavys that can make things interesting on any given night

suckmymuscle

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 04:44:20 PM »
A record is not the best way to determine GOAT.  Yes, Fedor has the best record. However, when we take a closer look, we find that it's filled with noname cans.

He has the most wins against credible heavyweights. Shultz, Crocop, Randleman, Herring, Arona, Hunt, Nogueira, Babalu Sobral, Goodrich, Coleman, etc. With the exception of Sobral, who was a light-heavyweight, these were all top of the top heavyweights of their era. That is what makes Fedor the G.O.A.T. Even if Fedor had never fought a can, he would still have over a dozen wins over legitimate heavyweights, which is far more than what Cain or for that matter any other UFC heavyweight has. Velasquez has a total of 9 MMA fights, and half of those were against cans. Fedor has the best record as in most legitimate wins and not totasl number of wins.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 03:08:28 AM »
Mindspin has some sick hatred of Fedor so he s not worth listening to. I wonder how many seconds MS would last against Fedor.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 07:20:55 AM »
Thats how much this 'mod' likes MMA.His sig pic is of Anthony Pettis doing his matrix kick.A guy he probably never heard of until he caught it on MTV  ::)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »

I stand by that quote.  Roy Nelson is a handful for any heavy weight right now.  And I can only think of 5-6 guys that could beat him for sure.
w