Author Topic: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?  (Read 67322 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2006, 08:00:17 PM »
Timeoutted like a Dog.

Hahahahaha...I don't know why, but that made me laugh ;D

thisiskeith12

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2006, 08:01:13 PM »
I didn't get your PM :-\

I just sent it.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2006, 08:06:34 PM »
timeout is basically easing in future bannings.... alla mayhem!

I'm surprised you got Ron to have an unplanned fission surplus. He's usually a pretty calm guy.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2006, 08:08:05 PM »
Radar Operator: Colonel, you better have a look at this radar.
Colonel: What is it, son?
Radar Operator: I don't know, sir, but it looks like a giant...
Jet Pilot: Dick. Dick, take a look out of starboard.
Co-Pilot: Oh my God, it looks like a huge...
Bird-Watching Woman: Pecker.
Bird-Watching Man: [raising binoculars] Ooh, Where?
Bird-Watching Woman: Over there. What sort of bird is that? Wait, it's not a woodpecker, it looks like someone's...
Army Sergeant: Privates. We have reports of an unidentified flying object. It has a long, smooth shaft, complete with...
Baseball Umpire: Two balls.
[looking up from game]
Baseball Umpire: What is that. It looks just like an enormous...
Chinese Teacher: Wang. pay attention.
Wang: I was distracted by that giant flying...
Musician: Willie.
Willie: Yeah?
Musician: What's that?
Willie: Well, that looks like a huge...
Colonel: Johnson!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2006, 08:11:17 PM »
Copy and send to ryan@bodybuilding.com
Dear Mr DeLuca,

Bob Chick, your spokesman, recently insulted the fans at GetBig.com by calling us the "Peanut Gallery".  

I am encouraging my friends and clients not to purchase form your website as long as a man who insults the fans like this represents your company.  

Sincerely,

A Member of the Peanut Gallery who USED to shop at BBing.com

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2006, 08:13:35 PM »
That's what makes it so funny... normally he's pretty unflappable and takes everything in stride. However, he's been seriously high-strung lately. Must be the stress of new fatherhood or something.

Yeah, maybe we should ease up a bit. One fit of crankiness might send him into a banning spree. :-\

thisiskeith12

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2006, 08:14:36 PM »
Yeah, maybe we should ease up a bit. One fit of crankiness might send him into a banning spree. :-\

You're first!!

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2006, 08:16:14 PM »
hey can we move back to the topic.  namely the idea floated around by bob. 

this posing round, where 50,000 is awarded to the winner which is picked by the fans is not a bad idea.  just maybe not 50,000.  also, whats not to prevent the fans from voting the last place winner just out of sympathy.  i mean for the last place winner to win 50,000, and the 3rd place winner to win less would just be wrong.  and why not have the judges and the auidience participate at the same time.  those in the auidience can just punch in a buzzer located at his/her seat.  like game shows.  for example millionare.  then you can get an accurate account of whos really winning according tothe fans

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2006, 08:17:28 PM »
You're first!!

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm one of the most successful postwhores in Getbig.com history and success breeds love and contempt ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2006, 08:29:09 PM »
Oh so a idea involving the fans and there participation on being responsable for the distribution of a extra 50k at the Olympia shouldn't be discussed by the fans !!!

Get real RON stop fence sitting , what your "peanuts" as bob calls them arnt good enough to discuss such a issue that will effect them .

Bottom line is it is a crap idea , there are far more productive ways that 50k can be used at the Olympia to keep the athletes and the fans happy , heres a tip bob, the more ways you try to make the O like a circus the higher the chances you will end up with a circus !!!

The O was at its peak when it was a all out battle of the best , a true hrdcor bodybuilding show for the faithfull to the cult , it wasn't broken then , and yet everyone is trying to fix it , go figure ???

Posted on: Today at 08:10:57 PMPosted by: Chick 
Insert Quote
It's "peak" as you put it...is the same 5,000 fans that have attended every year...no new business, and no "real" money when compared to other sports...let alone their "superbowl" of the season.

All the athletes want to bitch about the prize money, but few are willing to support anything but a nuts and bolts competition...which will NEVER attract anymore fans than it has in the 40 year history of the Olympia.

Even POKER for Christs sake, attracts more fans and offers as much prize money in the "World Series of Poker" for the 10th place finisher, than the Olympia does for the WORLD Champion.

The WWE attracts more people to a weekly show held in Podunk, Nowhere than we do collectively in the IFBB calender year (all shows combined) selling pre-determined matches and scripted shows....

I proposed changing the "press conference" over 4 years ago...it was the most boring waste of time for everyone, and wasn't well attended. It only became interesting when the athletes started airing their dirty laundry, and arguments became public fodder...

Given the attendance and feedback over the last few years, I would say the change has been a good one, and I'm sure the attendance will double for this years "pre game show"...

We need to start to sell ENTERTAINMENT along with a competition of the worlds best...THIS will sell more tickets, THIS will attract more sponsors, and THIS will equate to higher revenue for the ATHLETES. Without bringing up the production value a hundred-fold...were doomed to keep repeating the same results year after year.

PPV and TV revenue is where the real money is...where do you think the BIG money comes from? Selling commercials is BIG $$$$$! Because we have (to this date) nothing of interest to sell...we have no market to sell it to, and thus no money coming in other than sponsor dollars...nice, but pails in comparison to even the most mundane of events that have TV time.

We start featuring the athletes, their personalities, the rivalries, the confrontations, etc...and make people take an interest be it they love you or hate your guts...they show an INTEREST.

WCP (World Championship Poker) even figured this out as they started featuring the personalities of the players. Can you imagine someone 10 years ago, pitching the idea to televise a POKER match?? They would've laughed you out of the room...guess who's laughing now? Fossil man, The Unibomber, The Mouth, "Jesus Ferguson", etc, etc....WWE Wrestlers? No, poker players!

We need to start thinking outside the BB box, gentlemen...and be receptive to ideas that benefit us ALL in the longrun. You guys want to make more money, and quit being the very definition of "insanity" (doing the same thing over, and over...expecting a different result.)

Time to start being part of the solution...not part of the problem

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2006, 08:30:10 PM »
The problem I have with the whole idea is first 50k is allot of dosh to play with , and i feel it could be better used to aid the athletes to get there in the first place, no athletes no show huh , then i have a problem with just how does one go about making the audience reaction a fair judgment , applause measuring is too floored to be considered especially with so much dosh up for grabs, it is bound to cause discontent amongst the guys, then what about giving some of the money back to the fans , like having something so some of the fans can win trips back to the O the next year !!  

For the past number of years there has been concern from the athletes in regards to the lower placing guys and women getting nout for there efforts , this should be considered also , I think a spread of the money should be entertained rather than a all out popularity contest !!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2006, 08:31:50 PM »

Insert Quote
It's "peak" as you put it...is the same 5,000 fans that have attended every year...no new business, and no "real" money when compared to other sports...let alone their "superbowl" of the season.

All the athletes want to bitch about the prize money, but few are willing to support anything but a nuts and bolts competition...which will NEVER attract anymore fans than it has in the 40 year history of the Olympia.

Even POKER for Christs sake, attracts more fans and offers as much prize money in the "World Series of Poker" for the 10th place finisher, than the Olympia does for the WORLD Champion.

The WWE attracts more people to a weekly show held in Podunk, Nowhere than we do collectively in the IFBB calender year (all shows combined) selling pre-determined matches and scripted shows....

I proposed changing the "press conference" over 4 years ago...it was the most boring waste of time for everyone, and wasn't well attended. It only became interesting when the athletes started airing their dirty laundry, and arguments became public fodder...

Given the attendance and feedback over the last few years, I would say the change has been a good one, and I'm sure the attendance will double for this years "pre game show"...

We need to start to sell ENTERTAINMENT along with a competition of the worlds best...THIS will sell more tickets, THIS will attract more sponsors, and THIS will equate to higher revenue for the ATHLETES. Without bringing up the production value a hundred-fold...were doomed to keep repeating the same results year after year.

PPV and TV revenue is where the real money is...where do you think the BIG money comes from? Selling commercials is BIG $$$$$! Because we have (to this date) nothing of interest to sell...we have no market to sell it to, and thus no money coming in other than sponsor dollars...nice, but pails in comparison to even the most mundane of events that have TV time.

We start featuring the athletes, their personalities, the rivalries, the confrontations, etc...and make people take an interest be it they love you or hate your guts...they show an INTEREST.

WCP (World Championship Poker) even figured this out as they started featuring the personalities of the players. Can you imagine someone 10 years ago, pitching the idea to televise a POKER match?? They would've laughed you out of the room...guess who's laughing now? Fossil man, The Unibomber, The Mouth, "Jesus Ferguson", etc, etc....WWE Wrestlers? No, poker players!

We need to start thinking outside the BB box, gentlemen...and be receptive to ideas that benefit us ALL in the longrun. You guys want to make more money, and quit being the very definition of "insanity" (doing the same thing over, and over...expecting a different result.)

Poker has buy-ins ;D

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2006, 08:33:44 PM »

Its good to see i am part of somthing tho , just thinking positive for ya bob  :D

charlie di meola

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2006, 08:34:37 PM »
i think the 50k should be added to 1st and 2nd place $$$.
maybe add most of it to 2nd (jay deserves it)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2006, 08:39:45 PM »
Bob, the problem is, you're trying to be friends with everyone.  True revolutionaries care more about their mission than making friends with both sides.

Toronto Pro canceled- all we hear from you is what a "great guy" Winston is.
Judging is screwed, you won't say a critical word about it.
Manion CANCELS, then isn't there for 7 weeks to answer tough Qs- you don't address it.

Bob, you're a politician.  And politicians don't elicit change.  Get someone real in there.

Bob has to be a politician about this. It is a small industry and people don't forget quickly.

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2006, 08:43:53 PM »

Insert Quote

first bob.  i want to thank you for deleating my boycott bb.com thread. 

secondly, there are no marketable faces at the O.    everyone knows the O is status quo.  namely we know the places of competitors in advance.  dont get me wrong, i personally think ronnie should be winning.  but jay always second?  dont know about that.    i think you should pick your poison.  fix judging, or fix the money problem.  focus on one, instead of spreading yourself to thin.  it seems the money thing will have more supporters, so focus there first.

lastly, your best hope to generate money would indeed be pay per view.  but giving 50 grand to the top poser......not a smart idea.    but setting up some sort of psoing round where the auidience picks the winner is a good idea.  just the prize money needs to be adjusted.  and you need to have something in place that accurately accounts the audience vote.  do not just rely on fan noise. 

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2006, 08:45:12 PM »
first bob.  i want to thank you for deleating my boycott bb.com thread. 

secondly, there are no marketable faces at the O.    everyone knows the O is status quo.  namely we know the places of competitors in advance.  dont get me wrong, i personally think ronnie should be winning.  but jay always second?  dont know about that.    ithink you shoudlpick your poison.  fix judging, or fix the omney problem.  focus on one, instead of spreading yourself to thin.  it seems the money thing will have more supporters, so focus there first.

lastly, your best hope to generate money would indeed be pay per view.  but giving 50 grand to the top poser......not a smart idea.    but setting up some sort of psoing round where the auidience picks the winner is a good idea.  just the prize money needs to be adjusted.  and you need to have something in place that accurately accounts the audience vote.  do not just rely on fan noise. 

I laughed out loud when I tried to post in that thread and it said the topic was missing or off limits ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2006, 08:45:59 PM »
Bob has to be a politician about this. It is a small industry and people don't forget quickly.

Then he belongs in a politician role- Athlete's Liason.

We all know that Athlete's Rep in EVERY other sport play hardball with mgmt.  

If you're going to be an effective athlete's rep, you can't play nice.

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2006, 08:46:49 PM »
I laughed out loud when I tried to post in that thread and it said the topic was missing or off limits ;D

i was quite hurt actually.  it was actually just an innocent thread.  stayed up longer than i thought so i thought they were going to let it stay.  then it got momentum, and bam, when i came back it was gone.  damn shame really.

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2006, 08:49:05 PM »

yeah but are the athletes ready to strike.  in the nfl, or nba, or for christ sakes, even the nhl, players strike.  shit, even the immigrants boycotted work and being consumers for a day.  but bb's.  they should be lead by someone who is willing to lead with an iron fist, not a paper mitten. 

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2006, 08:50:49 PM »

Bob can't play hardball if the athletes don't show that they want change themselves. He can push a proposal, but if he is the only one adamant about it, it's a simple matter for them to just say no. Pro athletes actually care and that is the difference.

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2006, 08:56:02 PM »
Bob can't play hardball if the athletes don't show that they want change themselves. He can push a proposal, but if he is the only one adamant about it, it's a simple matter for them to just say no. Pro athletes actually care and that is the difference.

i agree, he doesnt have the athletes support.  i mean his athletes only meeting at the arnold had a handful of pros in attendence from what was mentioned. 

but at the same time, they dont communicate very well.  i mean any time an athletes only meeting is advertised on getbig, you know theres something wrong with leadership.     also there should be some union dues, like all unions have. 

you cant have an athletes rep that threatens people like 240 with his life.  thats just not professional any way you slice it.  leadership starts from the top, and unless you get a top tier pro as the athletes rep, its bound to remain in failure. 

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2006, 08:59:54 PM »
No - Bob asked for opinions via the industry - actual competitors, experts, pros, and others who ACTUALLY go to the shows, to the expos, etc.  He got both good and bad.  When the theory or idea was hashed out, it would go out to the mainstream.

Again, people don't have to know every detail of every item, whether it will happen or not. Jeez.  I just can imagine.  What do you guys think of this, what do you guys think of that? It was meant for people actually involved.

And judging by some of the wisecracks and pictures already here, NOW you understand why.

A questions was asked, if instead of getting serious responses, jokes, complaints, wisecracks...

Get it.

Thanks Slayer for why it is there. First of all - you are an idiot. Pure and simple. A statement like that that is so pathetic, I would delete it, but I have to show it because now you understand why. That was my idea - that board. NO ONE tells me what to do. Period. And at least, here with a constructive question, they don't have to deal with the crap that you hijack a thread. If you answered the questions and were focused, it would of been great. But not you understand why. Thanks for you troll of an answer, and a fucked up stupid one at that.

And don't these [people go to the shows.Ron if it wasn't for the people on here good or bad.You wouldn't have a board so shut the hell up and stop complaining.And you say they don't need to know everything then why is it when you talk to Adela all the time ONE OF THE FIRST QUESTIONS IS ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP WHY IS THAT BUISNESS OF YOURS THEN.WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT.Ron you love all the bullshit that goes on here.So stop your crying.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2006, 09:01:50 PM »
i agree, he doesnt have the athletes support.  i mean his athletes only meeting at the arnold had a handful of pros in attendence from what was mentioned. 

but at the same time, they dont communicate very well.  i mean any time an athletes only meeting is advertised on getbig, you know theres something wrong with leadership.     also there should be some union dues, like all unions have. 

you cant have an athletes rep that threatens people like 240 with his life.  thats just not professional any way you slice it.  leadership starts from the top, and unless you get a top tier pro as the athletes rep, its bound to remain in failure. 

i think the problem with that is that top tier pros are the one's most comfortable with the status quo. I agree that Bob is not always professional, but the medium of the internet is conducive to that.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2006, 09:06:12 PM »

Insert Quote

pretty dumb post coming from a supposedly smart guy! comparing poker to  bodybuilding is asanine, when you consider half the planet plays it and feels they can be in the position to win alot of money at the casino's! on the other hand everyone knows unless you are willing to take large amounts of illegal substances that can kill them, they have no chance of standing on that stage...  poker is universal , bodybuilding is not at ALL!
 football baseball ect... most men have played in either highschool or college , its enertainment and 10 million other things that pro bodybuilding can never offer!
your basically trying to put a square in a round hole if you think bodybuilder will ever be more then it is!

becoming a world poker champion is a possibilty for the avg person, becoming mr o is only feasable by endangering your life!

memo TO BOBBY... just about the entire planet knows about steroids nowadays!