Author Topic: As Patrick Bateman once said..../TEAM PATRICK BATEMAN BEGINS  (Read 33582 times)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Re: As Patrick Bateman once said....
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2007, 09:29:27 AM »
The author said he modeled the character after his dad. He's not a hippy but he is a homosexual. Probably bitter toward the straight white male world haha. Excellent book and good movie nonetheless. The Bateman character also makes a cameo appearance in his other book "Glamorama."
TEAM REPTILIAN

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2007, 09:40:51 AM »
whoever invented that character is a genius.  and obviously some hippie who got burned by the stock market in the 80's , lol.

a fine fine movie.

i had to look this one up:

Harold, it's Bateman, Patrick Bateman. You're my lawyer so I think you should know: I've killed a lot of people. Some girls in the apartment uptown uh, some homeless people maybe 5 or 10 um an NYU girl I met in Central Park. I left her in a parking lot behind some donut shop. I killed Bethany, my old girlfriend, with a nail gun, and some man uh some old #### with a dog last week. I killed another girl with a chainsaw, I had to, she almost got away and uh someone else there I can't remember maybe a model, but she's dead too. And Paul Allen. I killed Paul Allen with an axe in the face, his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've killed maybe 20 people, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls have seen the tapes. I even, um... I ate some of their brains, and I tried to cook a little. Tonight I, uh, I just had to kill a LOT of people. And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty sick guy. So, if you get back tomorrow, meet me at Harry's Bar, so you know, keep your eyes open.

Holy fuckkkkkkkkkk!!!

Because of you, Power Rod, I just finished buying the damn DVD form the internet.

I guess if any other actor would play Bateman's character other than Bale it would not the awesome hit it is. Discuss.
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2007, 09:47:05 AM »
yes i will buy it soon.  Sounds like this movie degrades women and promotes violence.  my kind of movie.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
I can't believe that Bryce prefers van Pattens card to mine.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2007, 10:17:51 AM »
Holy fuckkkkkkkkkk!!!

Because of you, Power Rod, I just finished buying the damn DVD form the internet.

I guess if any other actor would play Bateman's character other than Bale it would not the awesome hit it is. Discuss.
why do you buy dvd's??

download it moron

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2007, 10:18:51 AM »
why do you buy dvd's??

download it moron

downloaded videos have shitty picture quality.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2007, 10:22:04 AM »
Not at all. There are good quality ones to. Only the new ones straight from the movie has shitty quality..

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »
Not at all. There are good quality ones to. Only the new ones straight from the movie has shitty quality..

where do you download from?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2007, 10:24:32 AM »
where do you download from?
torrents or dc why?

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2007, 10:45:24 AM »
The movie is great, but you have to "get" it. Not for the regular audience though.
Bale was just made for this role. He's a good actor, but i don't see anybody play this role better than him.

Those conversations with the detective were pretty surreal.

"[excusing himself from Detective Kimball]  Listen, you'll have to excuse me. I have a lunch meeting with Cliff Huxtable at the Four Seasons in 20 minutes."

$

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2007, 10:53:14 AM »
Don't be cheap just buy it.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
this movie sucked major ass.no other psycho remake ever came close to the original psycho..

they have nothing to do with each other, moron ::)

E
E

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2007, 11:06:15 AM »
The part in the restaurant where he says to reese witherspoon  ( well you're just not that important to me. ) was great.
Also  when there in the night club and doing coke in the bathroom stall and his friend gets pissed because someone keeps knocking on the door. He screams at the dude and Bateman says " Calm down " and his friend says back  (" sorry dude,, Steroids . ) f-n funny.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2007, 11:29:21 AM »
 ;D

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2007, 11:44:30 AM »

BINGO!!

That, and the fact that I'm a big movie fan and like to collect the classic titles.
Reservations at Dorsia ?

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2007, 11:56:09 AM »
How about that Xmas party at the firm where almost all the characters were wearing stupid props or masks. I guess Bateman was wearing horns. Her girlfriend - Witherspoon - was holding a small pig. It was at that party, i believe, that Paul Allen - Jared Leto - aproached Bateman without knowing that he was the real Bateman (he confused him with someone else) and told : "Oh, she is dating that idiot Patrick Bateman" or something like that. Allen was referring to the Witherspoon character.

Power Rod, correct me if i'm wrong. If you could please reproduce that dialogue....
Reservations at Dorsia ?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2007, 12:21:53 PM »
The only thing in this movie that bothered me was the poor dog getting stomped.   >:(

Everything else was great.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2007, 12:22:40 PM »
How about that Xmas party at the firm where almost all the characters were wearing stupid props or masks. I guess Bateman was wearing horns. Her girlfriend - Witherspoon - was holding a small pig. It was at that party, i believe, that Paul Allen - Jared Leto - aproached Bateman without knowing that he was the real Bateman (he confused him with someone else) and told : "Oh, she is dating that idiot Patrick Bateman" or something like that. Allen was referring to the Witherspoon character.

Power Rod, correct me if i'm wrong. If you could please reproduce that dialogue....

No that was in the restaurant, not at the party.

Paul Allen says sometething like "yeah she's dating that loser Patrick Bateman".

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »
"You always tip the stylist 15%. Listen, I gotta go, T. Boone Pickens just walked in. HAHAHAHA"

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2007, 12:56:37 PM »
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.
Deep Tissue Massage

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2007, 01:10:17 PM »
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Hahahahahahhahahahah, you're mentally ill. P.R. !!!!

Hell, does anyone know for sure if any of these guys have ever been to fucking DORSIA????!!
Reservations at Dorsia ?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2007, 01:12:52 PM »
just to let you know, your local wal mart sells this dvd for around 7 bucks, if you got nothing to do go pick it up and watch it, it's hilarious.  not sure if it's the special edition or not, but who cares.
Deep Tissue Massage

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2007, 01:59:51 PM »
Hell, does anyone know for sure if any of these guys have ever been to fucking DORSIA????!!

"Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you f*cking stupid bastard! You fucking bastard!"

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2007, 03:00:05 PM »
"Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you f*cking stupid bastard! You fucking bastard!"

Hahahahahahahahahahah, Bateman said this to Allen's dismantled faced corpse!!!!
Reservations at Dorsia ?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2007, 03:01:34 PM »
Hahahahahahahahahahah, Bateman said this to Allen's dismantled faced corpse!!!!

Bingo