Author Topic: Anyone got an XBOX360?  (Read 10349 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Anyone got an XBOX360?
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2009, 10:55:33 AM »
The wii has to be the worst console ever.  The graphics are on par with an n64, the games can keep your attention for 12 minutes, and its expensive.

Yeah, Wii's a gimmick.  It's positively great for the casual gamer, old people and kids, but not the hardcore types. 

Y

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
The wii has to be the worst console ever.  The graphics are on par with an n64, the games can keep your attention for 12 minutes, and its expensive.

Where the fuck do you live, expensive? it's so fucking cheap in the uk, games are cheap and if you look there are good titles, obviously it is not aimed at the same people who buy the 360.

Graphics are not amazing but it's the experience that is new.

Nothing without 2 testes and a hard on keeps your attention for more than 12 mins anyway.

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
That's the only reason I haven't bought a PS3 yet. The only games that really interest me are MGS4 and Little Big Planet, but I can't justify spending $500 just to play them for a few weeks.

MGS4 is a great game if you're a fan of the series.  Be prepared to watch as much as you play, though - we're talking cut scenes over 30 minutes long.  As a stand alone game, I don't think it would come across very well.  The ending was perfect, though, it tied up every loose end.

LBP has really bad control issues.

Rent or borrow a PS3 and you can blast through MGS4 in a week or two.  It's not a console seller.  In fact, hardly any games for the PS3 fell into that category.
Y

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2009, 11:01:56 AM »
Solid state media is where things will head for movies along with downloadable content.  You'll be buying movies on USB sticks in the next couple of years.  Moving media is shit and Blu-Ray was doomed before it even took off.

I have both a PS3 and Xbox 360 and I play my Xbox 100 times more than my PS3, but I do use my PS3 to watch movies with because it upscales DVD's pretty well and of course Blu-Ray is nice for a few movies.

There are some good titles for the PS3 such as MGS4 but there really isn't anything the PS3 has, game wise, that the 360 doesn't.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2009, 11:47:06 AM »
Solid state media is where things will head for movies along with downloadable content.  You'll be buying movies on USB sticks in the next couple of years.  Moving media is shit and Blu-Ray was doomed before it even took off.

I have both a PS3 and Xbox 360 and I play my Xbox 100 times more than my PS3, but I do use my PS3 to watch movies with because it upscales DVD's pretty well and of course Blu-Ray is nice for a few movies.

There are some good titles for the PS3 such as MGS4 but there really isn't anything the PS3 has, game wise, that the 360 doesn't.

I agree with all this.

Microsoft made a gaming system that has additional multimedia capabilities.  Sony made a great blu-ray player that plays video games.

XBox has superior online capabilites, superior exclusive content, and superior controller.  Sony has a superior DVD player.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »
gaming systems should be all about games, not dvd players or anything else

xbox360 clearly has the superior game library

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2009, 11:52:06 AM »
I agree with all this.

Microsoft made a gaming system that has additional multimedia capabilities.  Sony made a great blu-ray player that plays video games.

XBox has superior online capabilites, superior exclusive content, and superior controller.  Sony has a superior DVD player.

I keep hearing how great the online gaming is , why? what makes it so great? and superior controller? how so?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2009, 11:55:05 AM »
the 360, if you have a newer model, is the supreme. i picked one up, old one broke, new one's smooth as silk.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2009, 12:02:08 PM »
I keep hearing how great the online gaming is , why? what makes it so great? and superior controller? how so?

When I grew up playing games, starting with the Atari 2600, I always imagined how cool it would be to play against another player with from the perspective of your own screen.  Basically, no split screens, or, like in the case of Madden, no peeking at the other guy's plays, etc.  Online delivers this, both in head to head competition, and co-op play.  Playing against 4-8 friends is a total blast,as is teaming up to play random people around the world.  Yes, there are your collection of online idiots who are only there to spoil it, but their numbers are small compared to those who want to play for fun/competition.

From a controller standpoint, which is all subjective, the biggest selling point to me for the 360 are the offset thumb sticks, which fall in a more natural position and are more comfortable.  The size and weight also make it better for me, and the triggers are superior.  The PS3 controller has barely changed since the PSOne, and feels cheap by comparison.
Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2009, 12:08:08 PM »
When I grew up playing games, starting with the Atari 2600, I always imagined how cool it would be to play against another player with from the perspective of your own screen.  Basically, no split screens, or, like in the case of Madden, no peeking at the other guy's plays, etc.  Online delivers this, both in head to head competition, and co-op play.  Playing against 4-8 friends is a total blast,as is teaming up to play random people around the world.  Yes, there are your collection of online idiots who are only there to spoil it, but their numbers are small compared to those who want to play for fun/competition.

From a controller standpoint, which is all subjective, the biggest selling point to me for the 360 are the offset thumb sticks, which fall in a more natural position and are more comfortable.  The size and weight also make it better for me, and the triggers are superior.  The PS3 controller has barely changed since the PSOne, and feels cheap by comparison.

Thanks for making an attempt at explaining the online I was talking specifically compared to Playstation online service , people keep saying it's better I'm just wondering how , I don't play much online though other than MK2

and you're right the stick really hasn't changed I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it and the Playstation 3 controllers suck because I'm already on my third one previous 2 broke from normal use I still have all of my PS2 controllers in excellent working condition

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »
what is MK2?

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2009, 12:12:16 PM »

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2009, 12:16:53 PM »
Narc Diety sounds like he has quite the life, over 30 years old and has been on getbig all day without a break and plays so much Xbox that the buttons are broken on the controllers. ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »
Mortal Kombat 2

that's what i thought but that game is like 13 years old

how can you still be playing that on ps3?

E
E

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2009, 12:18:24 PM »
Narc Diety sounds like he has quite the life, over 30 years old and has been on getbig all day without a break and plays so much Xbox that the buttons are broken on the controllers. ;D

im sure living in a trailer is better  ::) ::)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »

I think the biggest difference is that there really aren't any games for the PS3, exclusively, that offer great online play.  The games for the Xbox, which are just ported to the PS3, such as the Call of Duty series, Gears of War (huge online community) series, Left for Dead (new but great co-op online play), Madden series, Halo 3 (biggest online game), all of these games were made for the Xbox, some exclusive and some are ported to the PS3, have massive online communities. 

Personally, the Xbox Live interface is much more developed and geared towards online play, especially the newly designed interface.  The PS3 has the same capabilities, but keeping track of friends, sending messages, getting online with specific friends into specific games is a much smoother experience on the Xbox than the PS3.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 12:24:14 PM »

Monster irony Dave talking about someone being on GetBig all day lol I'm out of work with a possible torn rotator cuff Ortho appointment next week and he'll let me know what the MRI resutls found , so in essence Dave you and I are alike as of late we're both getting paid to stay home , me through Workmens comp and you through Welfare  :D

I still only average 13 posts a day compared to your 34

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2009, 12:25:23 PM »
Monster irony Dave talking about someone being on GetBig all day lol I'm out of work with a possible torn rotator cuff Ortho appointment next week and he'll let me know what the MRI resutls found , so in essence Dave you and I are alike as of late we're both getting paid to stay home , me through Workmens comp and you through Welfare  :D
hahahaha, i guess you've had the same "torn rotator cuff" for 4 years then. ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »
that's what i thought but that game is like 13 years old

how can you still be playing that on ps3?

E

it is and you can download is and play online I think it was like $5.99

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »
hahahaha, i guess you've had the same "torn rotator cuff" for 4 years then. ::)

lmfao again roundboy I average 13 posts a day to your THIRTYFOUR I have a life other than GetBig maybe you should try it , oh wait you did for a couple of weeks after you melted down and couldn't handle being away lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
I think the biggest difference is that there really aren't any games for the PS3, exclusively, that offer great online play.  The games for the Xbox, which are just ported to the PS3, such as the Call of Duty series, Gears of War (huge online community) series, Left for Dead (new but great co-op online play), Madden series, Halo 3 (biggest online game), all of these games were made for the Xbox, some exclusive and some are ported to the PS3, have massive online communities. 

Personally, the Xbox Live interface is much more developed and geared towards online play, especially the newly designed interface.  The PS3 has the same capabilities, but keeping track of friends, sending messages, getting online with specific friends into specific games is a much smoother experience on the Xbox than the PS3.

I see , thanks for the explanation .

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2009, 12:30:26 PM »
lmfao again roundboy I average 13 posts a day to your THIRTYFOUR I have a life other than GetBig maybe you should try it , oh wait you did for a couple of weeks after you melted down and couldn't handle being away lol
and yet you're on here 14 hours a day as compared to my 3 or so on weekdays. :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2009, 12:33:45 PM »
and yet you're on here 14 hours a day as compared to my 3 or so on weekdays. :D

don't mistake being logged in with being ON  ;) again if I were on as much as YOU claim I'd surely would have a much higher average post count especially more than YOU  ;)

see fail Dave you know the way lol

Mirza = owned

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »
don't mistake being logged in with being ON  ;) again if I were on as much as YOU claim I'd surely would have a much higher average post count especially more than YOU  ;)

see fail Dave you know the way lol

Mirza = owned

hahahahaa, personal name/bold faced type meltdown. ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2009, 12:35:52 PM »
hahahahaa, personal name/bold faced type meltdown. ;D

Yawn ......next