Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 161171 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #950 on: July 22, 2011, 06:10:28 AM »
pwinsider

Ric Flair has opened up a new online store as part of his official website autographed photos and cards, photos, books, belts, DVD's and more. Plus, the biggest item appears to be the chance to have a personal five minute phone conversation with Flair for $495 or a five minute video chat for $750.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #951 on: July 22, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »
Plus, the biggest item appears to be the chance to have a personal five minute phone conversation with Flair for $495 or a five minute video chat for $750.

Shades of Lou & Nasser...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #952 on: July 23, 2011, 05:00:42 AM »
Is he that strapped for cash?

Flair was a top earner for many years, but it's not just about how much you make; how much you SAVE is also important.
I believe he's also got a lot of alimony to shell out.

I could never understand anyone who marries again after two divorces.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #953 on: July 23, 2011, 10:00:59 AM »
These people are insane. I know a fella that is on his third marriage. Has two kids from the first one. Adopted his second wives two children. Now he's taken the plunge for the third time. To each their own. But I will never understand why a person would do this to themselves? Whoooooooooooooo

I know a woman in her early 50s who has been married 8... Yes EIGHT times!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #954 on: July 25, 2011, 06:50:40 PM »
PWTorch has learned that TNA wrestler Matt Morgan will be out six weeks with a torn pectoral muscle.

The news comes one week after Morgan tweeted that he was having MRIs for an apparent injury.

Morgan tweeted on Monday, July 18: "Going in for 2 MRI's this morning. Pray hard 4 good results please."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #955 on: July 25, 2011, 06:53:09 PM »
TNA wrestler Rob Van Dam says he does not believe his character has been "utilized to the fullest" since coming to TNA in 2010.

"I don’t want that to come off as a complaint because I really like my deal with TNA. I’m very professional and there for whatever they need me to do. Having said that, I still care about my character and my career, and I’m very easy to get along with," Van Dam told Scott Fishman of the Miami Herald in a lengthy interview.

"I’m not one guy to complain that they should be doing this with me or that. I will offer some ideas up, and at the same time, give my opinion to the writer and stuff like that. It doesn’t do any good to throw out that negativity out there. Everyone has a job do."

part of the interview receiving the most attention is RVD saying he feels like there's a lack of respect toward him from younger wrestlers in the locker room. RVD singled out the Young Bucks (formerly Generation Me in TNA), who have since responded.

“I feel like I get respect, but not in that way (seeking advice),” Van Dam said. “I’m open to it. Most of the guys, I don’t know if they don’t feel welcome to ask me or any of the other veterans or what. That is probably an issue that we have is the young guys should ask some of the older guys. They should be saying, ‘Hey, watch my match. Let me know what I can improve on,' Van Dam said.

“That never happens enough. Some of the young guys who are or were there, I don’t want to mention any names. There were two young guys who just left and looked like they were out of high school. The whole time they were there, they never introduced themselves or shook my hand. Things are way different than they used to be.”

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #956 on: August 11, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »
The Amazing Red posted the following on Twitter:

"Hey Guyz, I just wanted to let Ya kno 1st...TNA & I parted ways do to the "creative has nothing for you" line, so we r gonna future endeavor each other right now. Thanks to my @ImpactWrestling famo & fans... Now "On to the Next one" (Jay-Z)."

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #957 on: August 11, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »
The Amazing Red posted the following on Twitter:

"Hey Guyz, I just wanted to let Ya kno 1st...TNA & I parted ways do to the "creative has nothing for you" line, so we r gonna future endeavor each other right now. Thanks to my @ImpactWrestling famo & fans... Now "On to the Next one" (Jay-Z)."

Red Bastien?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #958 on: August 11, 2011, 12:41:27 PM »

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #959 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43:17 PM »
PWTorch has confirmed Ric Flair is at Tuesday's Impact Wrestling TV taping in Orlando, as originally reported by Prowrestling.net.

Flair, who has not been on TV in two months, is scheduled for a promo exchange with Sting for the episode airing next Thursday, August 18.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #960 on: August 11, 2011, 01:17:16 PM »
Red Bastien?
amazing red the midget wrestler according to eric bitchoff.
F

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #961 on: August 11, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »
Geweck.net

Here is the latest regarding Matt and Jeff Hardy, those at TNA are trying to get them to check into rehab, but they have both refused, and that’s why they haven’t been brought back, reports Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, those close to the situation note that Samoa Joe has been talking seriously about looking at joining WWE when his contract expires in several months.

You might recall, Steve Austin’s tweet: WWE should sign Samoa Joe as soon as his TNA contract is up. One of my favorite workers in today’s game. Needs a full green light push.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #962 on: August 12, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »
gerweck.net

Jimmy Yang wrote on Twitter that TNA owes him money for a television taping he worked back in June. He also wrote that the check they sent him bounced.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #963 on: August 13, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
gerweck.net

Jimmy Yang wrote on Twitter that TNA owes him money for a television taping he worked back in June. He also wrote that the check they sent him bounced.

This is highly suspect.

If a check to Jimmy Yang bounced, then I'm quite certain the checks written to guys like Hogan, Bischoff, Sting, and Angle would be bouncing like a trampoline.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #964 on: August 14, 2011, 05:19:18 AM »
This is highly suspect.

If a check to Jimmy Yang bounced, then I'm quite certain the checks written to guys like Hogan, Bischoff, Sting, and Angle would be bouncing like a trampoline.

Not if they're shorting the "lower-card" guys to keep the big dogs happy.
I really hope that's not the case.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #965 on: August 14, 2011, 12:18:06 PM »

Not if they're shorting the "lower-card" guys to keep the big dogs happy.
I really hope that's not the case.

Again,

I find that highly suspect.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #966 on: August 15, 2011, 09:39:32 AM »
prowrestling.net

TNA Wrestling head writer Vince Russo and Hulk Hogan engaged in a heated argument last Sunday at Hardcore Justice regarding the finish to the World Heavyweight Championship Match between Sting and Kurt Angle. Hogan later grumbled to colleagues that Russo doesn't know anything because he was never a wrestler.

The two former World Heavyweight Champions made up at the following day's iMPACT! Wrestling tapings. There was, however, noticeable tension among the organization's high ranking officials in the days that followed. Several employees feel it did more damage to a locker room already low in morale.

There has also been internal complaints regarding Eric Bischoff as many wrestlers feel he's arrogant and snobbish. His criticisms over in-ring performances fall on deaf ears because some wrestlers don't respect his opinion regarding their craft. An Eight-Man X Division Gauntlet Match that was originally taped on Tuesday was re-shot the following day because Bischoff didn't like it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #967 on: August 15, 2011, 09:41:43 AM »
Tnawrestlingnews.com

Matt Hardy posted the following to his Twitter:

The time off from Impact Wrestling has been a blessing in disguise-it's allowed me enough time at home to physically & mentally heal & completely clean up my life. It was needed. I feel great, & the old Matt Hardy feels alive & fresh! And BTW, rumors will always circulate.. But I know the real deal about myself & Jeff when I look in the mirror, & I'm ecstatic about where we're both at. Thanks to everyone who has always supported me-you guys are amazing & I love ya!

Matt denies that they turned down TNA's rehab request. We can confirm our original report is indeed true.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #968 on: August 17, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
Brooke Hogan commented yesterday on her Twitter account (@MizzHogan) regarding the media reports that Hulk Hogan posing in front of a picture of his naked daughter was a bit disturbing:

"Im SO sick of people saying me and my dad are in some perverted relationship! Go home and do your own thing! Stop picking on me!"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #969 on: August 17, 2011, 10:33:30 AM »
Brooke Hogan commented yesterday on her Twitter account (@MizzHogan) regarding the media reports that Hulk Hogan posing in front of a picture of his naked daughter was a bit disturbing:

"Im SO sick of people saying me and my dad are in some perverted relationship! Go home and do your own thing! Stop picking on me!"

Yeah, lots of dads are very comfortable posing with their nude daughter..... ::) 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #970 on: August 17, 2011, 03:16:43 PM »

If she doesn't want criticism (she DOES), then she should opt out of the celebrity spotlight (she won't).

What skills do you think anybody from the original Bollea household have?
Think about it...
If it wasn't for being a public spectacle, what kind of jobs do you think they would have?

I'm not knocking Hulk's success; I'm just stating that the public life has been extremely good to him, and without it, he probably would have moved furniture for a living with a side job as a bouncer at the local boobie bar.
His brat daughter doesn't seem to understand or appreciate that concept.

The celebrity life with its perks is the only life she's ever known.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #971 on: August 20, 2011, 01:39:08 AM »
Apparently their last 2 PPV's have only sold 7,500 units each and they answer it by having Eric Young wrestle Scott Baio?! Terrible, terrible writing by a desperate group of men trying to salvage the corruption created by a clique of OAP's desperate to hold onto the limelight.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #972 on: August 22, 2011, 01:43:20 PM »
Jimmy Wang Yang via Twitter:

“finally got paid i guess better late then never”

Yang had made it public via his official Twitter account in the last few weeks that a check sent to him by TNA had bounced when he attempted to cash it. He was called “unprofessional” by TNA staff for making the news public.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #973 on: August 22, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »
wrestlezone

During a recent interview conducted for PostandCourier.com, TNA co-founder and Father of Jeff Jarrett, Jerry Jarrett, had the following to say about the future of TNA:

“Until they make radical surgical changes in creative, and unless they get some people who comprehend the wrestling business, they are doomed to be the financial drain on Panda (majority owner Panda Energy) that they are now and have been since inception,” said TNA co-founder Jerry Jarrett. “The core of their problems is the creative development of their product. They have to cut the cancer out.”

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #974 on: August 23, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »
Jeff Hardy announced on his Twitter his return to TNA.

Ok it's official...time to go back2work!I will be in Huntsville,AL this Thursday with ImpactWrestling!!!!