Author Topic: My Arnold experience  (Read 7523 times)

Steeljunky

• Getbig II
  • D's...Nuts
My Arnold experience
« on: October 26, 2005, 01:45:34 PM »
I've said it myself and you may have too. Why all the hype about Arnold? Give it a rest already. Well it took this one experience for him to gain all my respect back again. I was at the Arnold Classic a few years ago and was in line to get my free VIP picture taken with him. If anyone has been there you know they shuffle you through like cattle. When it got to be my turn, I was standing a little to far forward of Arnold and he grabbed me by the shoulders and litterally snatched me and pulled me into position like a ragdoll. Take note I was at an offseason weight of around 260. The old man is still going strong.
Call me BigPapa

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: My Arnold experience
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 07:24:23 PM »
Those pics weren't free were they.  I thought they were part of the VIP package that cost around $300 or so.

Steeljunky

• Getbig II
  • D's...Nuts
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 06:07:36 AM »
You are correct they were free after I bought the $350 VIP package that I would not recommend purchasing unless you just have to have a picture with Arnold. You would come out cheaper just paying for what you wanted to see.
Call me BigPapa

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 05:26:17 PM »
haha, yea I remember that line we stood in...more like an assembly line really.  To be honest, I really felt kind of jipped.  But then again, there were a friggin million people there, I don't know how else they would have gotten them all done.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 05:55:01 PM »
You must have gone the ASC after 1990.

I attended the ASC in '89, '90 and '91.  In 1989 Arnold was very approachable and spent about 1 minute talking/joking with me before the photo was taken.  He was quite friendly and did not seem rushed. 

By 1991,  it had become a cattle shuffle.  I was pushed and shoved like you were.

DBall

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 05:45:26 PM »
i met him at a charity auction in sacremento a few years back that was to aid in childrens education.  i have always been pretty proud of my grip, and even play around with the 250 pound crushers when i'm bored.  i like crushing peoples hands when they think it would be fun to squeeze mine.  anyway, arnie is getting on in years, but its still arnie, si when i met him i decided to squze a little. fuck it, right?  once in a lifetime opportunity...  so i squeze, and so does he.  i squze harder, so does he.  then i really pile it on and so does he.  i think if i had gone any longer, he would have broken my hand.  so i release a little, and he puts his other hand on my shoulder, grins a little and winks at me, as if to say better men have tried, and failed.  the guy is fucking strong, no doubt about it.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 07:34:44 PM »
See I am the opposite.  I like to squeeze hard but I don't.  Unless the other guy starts it.  I remember as a kid our family doctor telling me to always have a firm hard grip when you shake someones hand.  I used to but I think people think I am showing off.  If you ever notice armwrestlers shake hands only with their left hand.  They don't want to give away anything.  I mean usually if I shake a big guys hand and I see it is small and feels weak I know I'd kill him on the table.  If he has big powerful hands then I know he could give me a good challenge.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 08:11:51 PM »
I say not to shake it more than a couple times

:D

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 11:31:58 PM »
so i squeze, and so does he.  i squze harder, so does he.  then i really pile it on and so does he. 
LMFAO HARD!!!!! That was some funny shit right there! OMG!! Thanks!
CEA999

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 06:26:28 PM »
Arnold was seriously strong. He's deadlifted 700 pounds and benched 500. squat we don't know but I'm sure he was able to do 600 before he broke his left knee. people don't realize that that's why his legs didn't get any bigger after lke 1973, probably got a little bit smaller.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 11:10:34 AM »
yeah i just read about that in his book
bodybuildersreality.com