Author Topic: Best shots from the Olympia and the best man there, Victor. Dennis Wolf robbed.  (Read 1434 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Looking at photos isn't the same as being there but sometimes photos do reveal more than you can see from the audience. Per Bedal took some very sharp photos of the competitors. These are my favourites. The three who stood out re being impressive were Dennis Wolf, Victor Martinez and Dexter Jackson. Ronnie Coleman shouldn't be in the top 3. Jay just didn't have the edge he was expected to have. Way too big and not cut up enough. Just about everyone was too big for that lighting. You had to be really ripped to look good under those bright lights. I didn't see anyone with really shredded glutes. Well, we have been used to see Ronnie and that set a standard few have duplicated since. Jay had a lot of loose skin on his spinal erectors and that detracted from his physique. His ab shot was really awful compared to how great Dennis looked. Dennis just looks a big awkward in the front double biceps which is just not good enough for this contest. You have to nail the standard poses. There is no excuse for any of these guys but posing let a lot of them down.

The silly standing front, right, back, side and front is a joke. That process should be eliminated from the judging because everyone should be disqualified for cheating. No one is standing relaxed in any of those positions. Not even one. Just ridiculous. Just the standard poses and stop wasting everyone's time. Then they get the guys to line up across the stage then have them go to the other side. The guy on the outside is on the outside both times. That is nonsense.

The first call out is absolutely critical. The commentators agreed with the selection but where was Wolf? Who picks the first callout. Ronnie shouldn't have been in that group.

Well, the guy who looked the best from both the front AND back was Victor Martinez. Dexter Jackson was next. Dennis Wolf was the best from the back. Jay was the biggest from the back but was way too heavy without enough cuts. How on earth did he come in like that? A mystery.

As a bodybuilding spectacle I would give the nod to Dennis Wolf. Huge in most muscular, best ab shot, and best db from the back. That is what a bodybuilder should look like.

Going by the standard poses I think Victor deserves the title. Second is a toss up and I would bet they give it to Jay. Dexter should be given second over Jay but Dexter's calves really let down a great package. Victor is first and second could be awarded to Jay, Dexter or Dennis. It was that close. I wouldn't have Ronnie Coleman in the top 5.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Best shots and my assessment of the Olympia judging.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 08:29:57 PM »
I'm not reading that purple-inked novel, Vince.   How 'bout the Reader's Digest version?
Ron: "I am lazy."

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 08:32:24 PM »
I included Dennis Wolf's front double biceps above for comparisons but it wasn't one of my best shots.

Here are my favourites from the back.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 08:34:38 PM »
Some more best shots.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 09:07:41 PM »
Expect an uproar if Dennis Wolf isn't in the top 3.

Some images from Graphic Muscle site.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Best shots from the Olympia and my pick to win. Victor.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 09:23:19 PM »
Flexonline has a lot of Olympia shots that make everyone look quite a bit different. These images are much brighter and reveal more. From these images Dennis Wolf is the best man there! Just shows photos can be deceiving. Nothing replaces being at the contest.

Dennis will be the most popular bodybuilder on Stage.

Have a look for yourself here:  http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4857413

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
I picked Jay yesterday but the photos don't support his victory. I will wait for the finals photos for another comment. Dennis Wolf was robbed. Easily ahead of Ronnie Coleman. He was right to thank God for his placing because it was a gift.

affy

jesus did you start writing for this thread last week?

hahaha