Author Topic: getbig's official NBA thread  (Read 55602 times)

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
Re: getbig's official NBA thread
« Reply #825 on: June 18, 2015, 12:35:27 PM »
yep and it's baseless bullshit.  If Curry took 35 shots in a game he probably would have hit 50% which means 40-50 points.  No fact can prove that the Cavs would have been swept with Curry.  Iverson willed the sixers to one win.  Curry alone  could have done the same.

Curry would not get the looks that he gets if his wings were James Jones and Iman shumpert because he'd have more attention paid to him and a whole defense catered to him--> #FACT YOU'RE making a hypothetical scenario saying that he'd shoot 50%.....You're saying Curry could have done the same? Comparing Curry to Iverson? LMAO please...the proof is in the pudding..Lebrons FG % is better when he was on a better team...Started off on the cavs for the first 9 years of his career his FG% got better and better each year..What was the common theme? WELL the common theme was that he started off with a shitty cavs team..then he got antwan jamison and shaq and mo williams (better players than eric snow and ziddy) THEN he went to the Heat with Bosh and Wade (better players than jamison, shaq, williams) NOWWW during this finals he is with WORSE PLAYERS so FG% drops = more attention paid on him WHILST having more responsibility = recipe for disaster for FG percentage...Let's not put Curry's name with Iverson yet..Please don't do him like that

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #826 on: June 18, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »
Dude, when you say "You swap Lebron and curry in this series ... 4 GAME SWEEP WARRIORS WIN.." That is a hypothetical scenario.

Hope this helps.

You can't help anyone because you don't know anything

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #827 on: June 18, 2015, 12:51:44 PM »

Curry would not get the looks that he gets if his wings were James Jones and Iman shumpert because he'd have more attention paid to him and a whole defense catered to him--> #FACT YOU'RE making a hypothetical scenario saying that he'd shoot 50%.....You're saying Curry could have done the same? Comparing Curry to Iverson? LMAO please...the proof is in the pudding..Lebrons FG % is better when he was on a better team...Started off on the cavs for the first 9 years of his career his FG% got better and better each year..What was the common theme? WELL the common theme was that he started off with a shitty cavs team..then he got antwan jamison and shaq and mo williams (better players than eric snow and ziddy) THEN he went to the Heat with Bosh and Wade (better players than jamison, shaq, williams) NOWWW during this finals he is with WORSE PLAYERS so FG% drops = more attention paid on him WHILST having more responsibility = recipe for disaster for FG percentage...Let's not put Curry's name with Iverson yet..Please don't do him like that

What proof do you need?  Curry won a championship this year and James didn't.  Still funny that Wade has 1 more than him.

Did you hear that Love is going to opt out and become a free agency.  I said a year ago Cleveland was stupid for trading Wiggins.  Imagine Wiggins, James and Irving running the floor.  Would be a highlight show. 

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #828 on: June 18, 2015, 01:03:10 PM »
What proof do you need?  Curry won a championship this year and James didn't.  Still funny that Wade has 1 more than him.

Did you hear that Love is going to opt out and become a free agency.  I said a year ago Cleveland was stupid for trading Wiggins.  Imagine Wiggins, James and Irving running the floor.  Would be a highlight show. 

...If someone other than Lebron won the finals MVP if his team won you and i both know there would be people EVERYWHERE saying that Lebron was carried and can't do it by himself...i used to think Love was the best PF in the league when he was on the T'wolves because of statistics myself..But this season proved far from the truth...He doesn't deserve a max contract..Whoever gives it to him is doomed...

I think the whole idea was that by the time Wiggins develops in the great player he's suppose to be... Lebron will be on the older side and it may be too late to make a run...By getting love they have an immediate couple years in a row where they have a shot..It looked good on paper and looked pretty good towards the beginning of the playoffs..Now, who knows? Could end up being a shitty decision

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #829 on: June 18, 2015, 01:04:33 PM »

I find it odd you watch the NBA.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #830 on: June 18, 2015, 01:06:21 PM »
I find it odd you watch the NBA.

lol.  True these guys must compartmentalize their racism.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #831 on: June 18, 2015, 01:12:50 PM »

'

Klay Thompson’s dad ‘heard it on good authority’ Warriors would ‘go hard after Kevin Durant’
Dan Feldman May 1, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
18 Comments
Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson
AP
Kevin Durant will become a free agent in 2016, and plenty of teams – Wizards, Knicks, Lakers, Raptors – have been mentioned as possible destinations.

Of course, the Thunder have a strong shot to re-sign Durant, too.

They might have to fend off another suitor, though – the Warriors.

Mychal Thompson – Klay Thompson‘s dad/former NBA player/Los Angeles sportscaster – on ESPN LA (hat tip: Alex Torres of Warriors World):

I also heard it on good authority from a team that plays in the Bay Area that they’re going to go hard after Kevin Durant.

David Lee‘s massive contract expires when Durant hits free agency, and the salary cap will skyrocket. But that doesn’t mean Golden State will have enough cap room to sign Durant.

The Warriors have five players under contract for 2016-17: Klay Thompson, Stephen Curry, Andre Iguodala, Andrew Bogut and Shaun Livingston. They’ll also likely give Draymond Green a max contract this summer. Plus, they have their own first-round pick each of the next two years.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #832 on: June 18, 2015, 01:14:11 PM »
Wiggins is going to be another lebron.  And lebron's ego didn't want to hear that over and over "is lebron's backup better than he is?" anytime lebron had an off-night.  it's like the bride that won't hire a wedding singer hotter than her lol. 

Love seems like a dick head.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #833 on: June 18, 2015, 01:22:14 PM »
'

Klay Thompson’s dad ‘heard it on good authority’ Warriors would ‘go hard after Kevin Durant’
Dan Feldman May 1, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
18 Comments
Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson
AP
Kevin Durant will become a free agent in 2016, and plenty of teams – Wizards, Knicks, Lakers, Raptors – have been mentioned as possible destinations.

Of course, the Thunder have a strong shot to re-sign Durant, too.

They might have to fend off another suitor, though – the Warriors.

Mychal Thompson – Klay Thompson‘s dad/former NBA player/Los Angeles sportscaster – on ESPN LA (hat tip: Alex Torres of Warriors World):

I also heard it on good authority from a team that plays in the Bay Area that they’re going to go hard after Kevin Durant.

David Lee‘s massive contract expires when Durant hits free agency, and the salary cap will skyrocket. But that doesn’t mean Golden State will have enough cap room to sign Durant.

The Warriors have five players under contract for 2016-17: Klay Thompson, Stephen Curry, Andre Iguodala, Andrew Bogut and Shaun Livingston. They’ll also likely give Draymond Green a max contract this summer. Plus, they have their own first-round pick each of the next two years.

They won't have enough cap room to sign him just solely based on the fact that they need 12 players on the roster for the season before chances are they won't all become free agents in Kevin Durants year and also they 100% won't if they give Green a max

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #834 on: June 18, 2015, 02:27:12 PM »
Wiggins is going to be another lebron.  And lebron's ego didn't want to hear that over and over "is lebron's backup better than he is?" anytime lebron had an off-night.  it's like the bride that won't hire a wedding singer hotter than her lol. 

Love seems like a dick head.
love isnt a dickhead, he s just too white to fit into the pseudo gangsta niga bling bling crap. Simply said he is not a wigger.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #835 on: June 18, 2015, 03:22:51 PM »
love isnt a dickhead, he s just too white to fit into the pseudo gangsta niga bling bling crap. Simply said he is not a wigger.

LMFAO nice

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #836 on: June 18, 2015, 04:33:27 PM »
......i used to think Love was the best PF in the league when he was on the T'wolves because of statistics myself..But this season proved far from the truth...He doesn't deserve a max contract..

Love is a great player (maybe not the best). Like I wrote before about bosh, etc. he was terribly used by lebron. Essentially go stand out on the three point line and I might pass you the ball once in awhile. Still 17 and 10 basically on a bad year. Players really have to take a back seat to lebron as he handles the ball so much (especially big guys as they can't really take the ball up themselves, etc.). Love essentially gets no plays run for him.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #837 on: June 18, 2015, 05:03:48 PM »
Love is a great player (maybe not the best). Like I wrote before about bosh, etc. he was terribly used by lebron. Essentially go stand out on the three point line and I might pass you the ball once in awhile. Still 17 and 10 basically on a bad year. Players really have to take a back seat to lebron as he handles the ball so much (especially big guys as they can't really take the ball up themselves, etc.). Love essentially gets no plays run for him.

The way Lebrons teams win is you leave it all to lebron and when he's not playing well the team needs to at least be able to maintain or pickup slack that = championship imo

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #838 on: June 18, 2015, 05:10:16 PM »
he has no place in a team either run by irving or lebron. He slows everything down and makes empty stats.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #839 on: June 18, 2015, 05:28:30 PM »
he has no place in a team either run by irving or lebron. He slows everything down and makes empty stats.

Agreed..I think they played better without him when Thompson is in...When all 3 of them are in reminds me of during a pickup basketball game the 3 best players get on the same team and none of them wanna take too many shots so nobody ever really warms up they either over pass or make mistakes and the team ends up losing even though they're better

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #840 on: June 18, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »
epic finals by Lebron, i feel sorry for him playing with guys that wouldn't start for kentucky

best player ever

E

E

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #841 on: June 18, 2015, 06:05:16 PM »
Never heard Love being accused of slowing things down, lol. They are real run and gun without him.....

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #842 on: June 18, 2015, 06:09:45 PM »
Agreed..I think they played better without him when Thompson is in...When all 3 of them are in reminds me of during a pickup basketball game the 3 best players get on the same team and none of them wanna take too many shots so nobody ever really warms up they either over pass or make mistakes and the team ends up losing even though they're better
You can think that but they didnt as when lebron and love were on the floor together they had the highest point differential of any other players on the cavs.....

I do agree with what you are saying a bit though as (just like in Miami) you would expect them to be better and should be.
Also, with that reasoning you are basically saying they would still lose to the warriors even if Lebron had help....Not a slam dunk as you were implying before.

All I know is the season is over and Lebron lost again. That's the true reality in any of this. He has help...he loses....He doesn't have help....he loses....It's not quite the right kind of help....still loses.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #843 on: June 18, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »
You can think that but they didnt as when lebron and love were on the floor together they had the highest point differential of any other players on the cavs.....

I do agree with what you are saying a bit though as (just like in Miami) you would expect them to be better and should be.
Also, with that reasoning you are basically saying they would still lose to the warriors even if Lebron had help....Not a slam dunk as you were implying before.

All I know is the season is over and Lebron lost again. That's the true reality in any of this. He has help...he loses....He doesn't have help....he loses....It's not quite the right kind of help....still loses.

He was asked to do an impossible task as i've already said... Against a team with 2 superstars.. 1 smoty candidate.. 2 former stars... solid bigs.. vs. Lebron and nobody who scores more than 10ppg

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #844 on: June 18, 2015, 10:21:36 PM »
You can't help anyone because you don't know anything

Whatever you say cock breath.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #845 on: June 19, 2015, 05:39:01 AM »
He was asked to do an impossible task as i've already said... Against a team with 2 superstars.. 1 smoty candidate.. 2 former stars... solid bigs.. vs. Lebron and nobody who scores more than 10ppg

lol fuck off with this "two superstars" shit.  Who would the other one be?  Klay Thompson?  He's a good player but you have a very generous definition of "superstar" if Klay Thompson meets it.

Who is this mythical "Sixth Man of the Year" candidate on the Warriors?  Iguodala?  He finished in 4th place with a whopping seven first-place votes.  Past his prime and hasn't been an elite player in about five years.  Bending LeBron over his knee for a few games does not change this fact.

"Two former stars" lol who is that exactly?  David Lee and Iguodala again (double-counting; a 'former star' who doesn't even start?) with their whopping three all-star appearances in 21 seasons?  Shawn Marion has three in 16 seasons so I guess he's an even bigger "former star", so advantage LeBron.

"Solid bigs" lolol please specify.  The mighty Festus Ezeli?  Bogut?  He was horrible in the Finals and the Warriors have no size at all.

Yet more fantasy scenarios, trying to position the Warriors as some unbeatable juggernaut.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #846 on: June 19, 2015, 06:48:45 AM »
Iguidala doesn't stop lebron in round 1 or 2 of the playoffs.  he caught him tired after 2 months of killing himself with a shit squad.

Put Igudala on Lebron on christmas day, and lebron gets 45 and shoots 60% from the field.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #847 on: June 19, 2015, 07:28:22 AM »
lol fuck off with this "two superstars" shit.  Who would the other one be?  Klay Thompson?  He's a good player but you have a very generous definition of "superstar" if Klay Thompson meets it.

Who is this mythical "Sixth Man of the Year" candidate on the Warriors?  Iguodala?  He finished in 4th place with a whopping seven first-place votes.  Past his prime and hasn't been an elite player in about five years.  Bending LeBron over his knee for a few games does not change this fact.

"Two former stars" lol who is that exactly?  David Lee and Iguodala again (double-counting; a 'former star' who doesn't even start?) with their whopping three all-star appearances in 21 seasons?  Shawn Marion has three in 16 seasons so I guess he's an even bigger "former star", so advantage LeBron.

"Solid bigs" lolol please specify.  The mighty Festus Ezeli?  Bogut?  He was horrible in the Finals and the Warriors have no size at all.

Yet more fantasy scenarios, trying to position the Warriors as some unbeatable juggernaut.

It all comes down to the intelligent NBA teams aka spurs and warriors going to team ball over isolation, everyone else will follow.In most cases where teams tried to stack allstars its an epic fail, a more well rounded team of very good players over "superstars" who play ISO is the way forward.I could post some clips of this years finals compared to the Jordan finals, this year completely empty paint with lebron free to ISO 1 on 1 with no double team to get all the points he want, and he still only shot 40%, he wont ever have it easier than he did scoring wise.Then you take Jordan at the same age with the suns, the paint packed, Jordan double and triple teamed on most possessions, he still averaged 43ppg on 50+% shooting.Problem is theres only one person ever with Jordans talent, he would have run riot this finals in the cavs with the ISO on every possession with an empty paint.Thank god the era of all the NBA players coming in to the league who watched Jordan play live as kids is over, the iversons etc, chuck up a load of points on iso with crap efficiency while winning nothing.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #848 on: June 19, 2015, 07:34:24 AM »
I don't know why people feel sorry or making excuses for LeBron?

It was he who left Cleveland because they "sucked" and joined forces with all stars. He even went as far as predicted 5-6 championships but when that boat started to sink he ran back to Cleveland.

He gets what he wants, had Wiggins shipped out, he doesn't listen to his coach Blatt....

It's him who wanted this and now fans cry for him hahaha...

He's a bitch

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #849 on: June 19, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »
Iguidala doesn't stop lebron in round 1 or 2 of the playoffs.  he caught him tired after 2 months of killing himself with a shit squad.

Put Igudala on Lebron on christmas day, and lebron gets 45 and shoots 60% from the field.

Let's get this straight.  Iggy didn't stop LeBron but what he did was score enough points to offset the points that Klay and Steph didn't score and that was enough for them to win.