Author Topic: What are "peptides"? Are they steroids? Protein powder?  (Read 6770 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
What are "peptides"? Are they steroids? Protein powder?
« on: January 19, 2013, 04:34:45 PM »
I have never bothered to look it up.  Who here will be the one to tell us what they are?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Re: What are "peptides"? Are they steroids? Protein powder?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 04:57:29 PM »
 ???

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 04:59:16 PM »
I have never bothered to look it up.  Who here will be the one to tell us what they are?

I can tell you what I know.

Peptides are the bonds that keep proteins together.  Just as fiber is needed to sustain and keep muscle together, peptides serve the same purpose but with proteins.  In other words, they are the very basic building blocks of protein.

When you eat dietary protein (chicken, beef etc..), your body breaks it down into amino acids.  Amino acids are then used to build proteins.  Proteins comes in different shapes and sizes depending upon the cell structure it is part of.  The bond that connects proteins together are called peptides or peptide bonds.

Take a look at this picture to give you an idea of what a peptide looks like when creating a bond:

The way in which peptides form bonds between different proteins and consequently the way in which these peptide bond, then fold into each other, ultimately determines the nature and function of that peptide bond (proteins bonded by peptides).

Proteins are an crucial part of cell function (provides barrier for cell protection, serves as messengers etc..).  

Without peptides, protein function and differentiation would be difficult to ascertain.

Remember, I am no Biology professor, but based off of what I remember from my undergrad days, that is it in a nutshell.

"1"

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 05:00:56 PM »
Dorian Yates had a very good protein called Pro-Peptide.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »
I can tell you what I know.

Peptides are the bonds that keep proteins together.  Just as fiber is needed to sustain and keep muscle together, peptides serve the same purpose but with proteins.  In other words, they are the very basic building blocks of protein.

When you eat dietary protein (chicken, beef etc..), your body breaks it down into amino acids.  Amino acids are then used to build proteins.  Proteins comes in different shapes and sizes depending upon the cell structure it is part of.  The bond that connects proteins together are called peptides or peptide bonds.

Take a look at this picture to give you an idea of what a peptide looks like when creating a bond:

The way in which peptides form bonds between different proteins and consequently the way in which these peptide bonds then fold into each other, ultimately determines the nature and function of that peptide bond.

Proteins are an crucial part of cell function (provides barrier for cell protection, serves as messengers etc..).  

Without peptides, protein function and differentiation would be difficult to ascertain.

Remember, I am no Biology professor, but based off of what I remember from my undergrad days, that is it in a nutshell.

"1"
I knew all of that.  I am talking about the garbage these people are selling, like PJ Braun.  Are they steroids or something like it?   If its just protein powder, why try to market it as something different?  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »
I think you are supposed to inject "peptides".  What are these people doing exactly?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 05:07:13 PM »
I knew all of that.  I am talking about the garbage these people are selling, like PJ Braun.  Are they steroids or something like it?   If its just protein powder, why try to market it as something different?  ???

That I have no knowledge of, as I don't buy any supplements.

I simply eat a well balanced diet.  ANYTHING these bodybuilders sell is plain garbage.  

The formula to build muscle is simple.  The formula to get shredded is simple.  

The way in which these guys get their size is even simpler (STEROIDS/HGH/INSULIN and each of these taken in large quantities).

"1"

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 05:08:47 PM »
That I have no knowledge of, as I don't buy any supplements.

I simply eat a well balanced diet.  ANYTHING these bodybuilders sell is plain garbage.  

The formula to build muscle is simple.  The formula to get shredded is simple.  

The way in which these guys get their size is even simpler (STEROIDS/HGH/INSULIN and each of these taken in large quantities).

"1"
Apparently they are injecting something called "peptides" these days. 

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
Apparently they are injecting something called "peptides" these days.  

You mean to tell me that the same guys that have for years injected posing oil into their muscles are also now injecting yet another strange substance into their bodies?

Who would have thought....

"1"

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 05:10:55 PM »
they are protein hormones. like insulin.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »
they are protein hormones. like insulin.
What are they supposed to do and where did they come up with this?  They are injected I presume?  Are they steroids?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »
I knew all of that.  I am talking about the garbage these people are selling, like PJ Braun.  Are they steroids or something like it?   If its just protein powder, why try to market it as something different?  ???

They're a some what new class of injectable research peptides that when used give off messages to produce slightly more growth hormone, etc.....

Since there isn't many laws on individuals owning many classes of research chemicals like the peptides, DNP, etc.....  many small companies have jumped into that market like they jumped into the designer steroid/prohormone market years ago.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 05:14:57 PM »
They're a some what new class of injectable research peptides that when used give off messages to produce slightly more growth hormone, etc.....

Since there isn't many laws on individuals owning many classes of research chemicals like the peptides, DNP, etc.....  many small companies have jumped into that market like they jumped into the designer steroid/prohormone market years ago.
Are people really that desperate?  Whatever happened to eating a steak dinner and then lifting weights?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 05:16:56 PM »
Are people really that desperate?  Whatever happened to eating a steak dinner and then lifting weights?

I would presume yes.

They first got desperate enough to inject steroids.

They then decided that insulin would be a good idea.

They then got into HGH.

Afterwards they graduated to posing oil (synthol).

.....and now they will inject just about anything for an "edge".

"1"

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »
What are they supposed to do and where did they come up with this?  They are injected I presume?  Are they steroids?

These peptides are gh secretagogues. When injected these "peptides" will trigger certain receptors in your body which will force your body to release its own growth hormone and stimulate production of more gh. Compared to real gh or steroids this stuff is worthless but it does help you sleep better and or eat tons of food if you use ghrp-6.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone_releasing_hexapeptide
all drugs - TPPIIP

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 05:30:07 PM »
These peptides are gh secretagogues. When injected these "peptides" will trigger certain receptors in your body which will force your body to release its own growth hormone and stimulate production of more gh. Compared to real gh or steroids this stuff is worthless but it does help you sleep better and or eat tons of food if you use ghrp-6.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone_releasing_hexapeptide
Wait, let me get this straight.  People need help sleeping and eating more? ROFLMAO...  Just go rake some leaves for a day.  Not only will you be tired, you will be extremely hungry.  Plus its free.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 05:34:55 PM »

Don't you know anything???????

:D
~

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 05:45:06 PM »
Research chemicals... Basically, its a way to sell roids, HGH, etc legally (Not for human use)..

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 05:55:17 PM »
Research chemicals... Basically, its a way to sell roids, HGH, etc legally (Not for human use)..
Why the adjective "Research"? 

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »
Wait, let me get this straight.  People need help sleeping and eating more? ROFLMAO...  Just go rake some leaves for a day.  Not only will you be tired, you will be extremely hungry.  Plus its free.

Those are the only pros I've noticed. These "peptides" are supposed to help you burn fat, repair and build muscle and etc but the they are all dependent on your body to make gh and release it. A big con is that a side-effect of these peptides is past the saturation dosage they also start increasing the cortisol level in your body. This means you can't superdose these peptides to get the most out of them so compared to all natural peptide free the gain is very small.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »
They are a very powerful vitamin, stronger than steroids but no side effects.

:o :o

AVBG

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 06:16:20 PM »
I'm gonna go rake some leaves or something.. 8)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 06:27:13 PM »
I'm gonna go rake some leaves or something.. 8)
More difficult than 4 mph on a slight incline for 45 minutes, thats for sure.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »
they are injectiong myostatin, one dose cost around 20 thousand dollars which lasts the whole year