Author Topic: what program has given you the most MASS?  (Read 8530 times)

saiyanjin

• Getbig I
what program has given you the most MASS?
« on: January 19, 2008, 03:04:49 PM »
what programs have given you guys the most MASS?  and how often do you switch routines?  i have used a program called P-RR-S, i think this has yielded the best results for me. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: what program has given you the most MASS?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 04:11:44 PM »
4 days a week, moderate volume, 8-12 reps per set.

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 05:27:31 PM »
Steroid program.  :o :o   JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

The progarm above is a great workout! Change is good! Change up about every 8 -12 weeks.  You don't have to revamp everything, just little changes will do the trick. just to keep your muscles comfused.   
Masters- 50-54
148#

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 06:06:48 PM »
There’s a lot to be said about making changes – even minor ones – to one's routine.

As Larry Scott once wrote:
“Once the body part recognizes the same exercise coming again it won’t send a distress signal to the pituitary gland asking for more growth hormone.”

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »
five four-cheese pizzas, three pounds of buffalo wings, two quarts of ice cream, and a gallon of whole milk a day

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 08:32:41 PM »
5x5.....five sets/five reps on Squats, deads, incline BB, military press...just add the trimmings to each w/o...strength/size will increase

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »
five four-cheese pizzas, three pounds of buffalo wings, two quarts of ice cream, and a gallon of whole milk a day

...and Leukic.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 08:45:49 PM »
...and Leukic.
yes, although then you cannot claim a "natural" status

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »
An alternating Upper/Lower split, M-W-F.

follow the arrows

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 09:02:20 PM »
   20 rep squats

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 09:08:49 PM »
   20 rep squats

225X112 deadlifts.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 07:29:40 AM »
Doesn't really matter what workout program I use - it's all in the eating that gives you the mass.

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 08:44:24 AM »
   20 rep squats

I remember a book about 20 rep squats & drinking a gallon of milk a day. Something like every work out you added 5 lbs to the  1 set of 20 reps squats and  you did it.. no matter how long it took.

Found this:   http://www.leehayward.com/squats.htm

Masters- 50-54
148#

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »
As JohnO suggest..Breathing Squats:  I made my best pure muscle gains using the 20 rep+ breathing squat. The ideas is to take a weight you can usually get 10 or 11 good  reps out of.  From there, push you body and mental capacity beyond to that goal of 20 reps. Add the 2 1/2 to 5 lbs every workout (probably twice a week). In my view the mental toughness is 50% (or more) when it come to working out with serious intent. At times, reaching the 20 reps, you may have reps to spare. Keep squating until you are pretty much fried. 30 reps are not out of the question. That taking advantage of the fact that your are breathing like a steam engine, do 20 or so deep breath BB/DB pullovers. Working for a full stretch at the bottom. Usually one set should take care of business with the breathing squat. I and a few other have done two sets at the most in that style program. Make no mistake though, you should be using very heavy weights with this system. Taking a weight that you normally get 10 reps out of and by pure force of will make 20 reps.

If your young enough (usually below 22-24 years as a mean average) the cartilage can expand some, allowing an increase in chest size. But this only when the cartilage is still in a younger and more elastic state.  Before becoming more fixed and inflexable as we age. People get this confused with bone growth, which is not the case. The rib bones do not grow but the space (cartilage) between them can become somewhat expanded, with the heavy forced breathing and the pullover to follow. You will gain muscular weight if the good quality calorie intake is upped.

You may also get an 2" increase in chest size (at least) due to the muscular weight gained and the expansion of the rib box it's self. Give about 4 to 6 weeks on this style program. Another byproduct wil lbe outstanding stamina (endurance & strength). If you want to burn calories and gain pure size at the same time than give the breathing squat program a try.

I gained around 30lbs (attention SF) over the summer when I was 16, using the above program. For gaining strength and weight for football, it was perfect. Plus the stamina part. And actually lost a little around the waist. Best to work with a couple of other guy's for motivation. I had two very large Samoan gentlemen yelling in my ear while heavy squating. If I did not make one more rep they were going to shoot my dog and burn down my house. Motivation of the highest order. Good Luck.
F

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 11:36:29 AM »
As JohnO suggest..Breathing Squats:  I made my best pure muscle gains using the 20 rep+ breathing squat. The ideas is to take a weight you can usually get 10 or 11 good  reps out of.  From there, push you body and mental capacity beyond to that goal of 20 reps. Add the 2 1/2 to 5 lbs every workout (probably twice a week). In my view the mental toughness is 50% (or more) when it come to working out with serious intent. At times, reaching the 20 reps, you may have reps to spare. Keep squating until you are pretty much fried. 30 reps are not out of the question. That taking advantage of the fact that your are breathing like a steam engine, do 20 or so deep breath BB/DB pullovers. Working for a full stretch at the bottom. Usually one set should take care of business with the breathing squat. I and a few other have done two sets at the most in that style program. Make no mistake though, you should be using very heavy weights with this system. Taking a weight that you normally get 10 reps out of and by pure force of will make 20 reps.

If your young enough (usually below 22-24 years as a mean average) the cartilage can expand some, allowing an increase in chest size. But this only when the cartilage is still in a younger and more elastic state.  Before becoming more fixed and inflexable as we age. People get this confused with bone growth, which is not the case. The rib bones do not grow but the space (cartilage) between them can become somewhat expanded, with the heavy forced breathing and the pullover to follow. You will gain muscular weight if the good quality calorie intake is upped.

You may also get an 2" increase in chest size (at least) due to the muscular weight gained and the expansion of the rib box it's self. Give about 4 to 6 weeks on this style program. Another byproduct wil lbe outstanding stamina (endurance & strength). If you want to burn calories and gain pure size at the same time than give the breathing squat program a try.

I gained around 30lbs (attention SF) over the summer when I was 16, using the above program. For gaining strength and weight for football, it was perfect. Plus the stamina part. And actually lost a little around the waist. Best to work with a couple of other guy's for motivation. I had two very large Samoan gentlemen yelling in my ear while heavy squating. If I did not make one more rep they were going to shoot my dog and burn down my house. Motivation of the highest order. Good Luck.

it's brutal.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »
A HST routine, with deadlifts and squats alternating.

The week layout looked like this

15,12,10,8(with10RM),5,5,neg5,SD
As empty as paradise

AVBG

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
3 days per week - mon, wed, friday - 5 sets each exercise @ 8 reps per set.. take all the rest you need between sets

squats
military press
flat bench
bb curl
dips
bb rows
chins

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 11:42:06 PM »
Anyone tried DC?  I think I'm going to give it a go in a few months after I finish my current routine, wanting to hear some feedback if anyone has tried it.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 01:30:31 AM »
The two programs that have given me the most mass were 8x8 and another upper/lower body split I devised.  Here are both programs.

First the 8x8:

Upper Body
Gironda Dips
Sternum Chins
Wide Grip Upright Rows
Spider Curls ss with wrist curls
Pullover and Press

Lower Body
Dillenger or Front Squats
Roman Chair Squats
SLDLs
Donkey Calf Raises

The other Program  I varied the sets and reps,  I generally pushed more weight using this one:

Upper Body Day 1
Incline DB Presses 5x5
Bradford Press 3x8
T Bar Row (Ronnie Style) 5x5
CG Bench Press 3x8

Lower Body Day 1
Front Squats 1x20
SLDL 5x5
Standing Calve Raises suicide fashion : Description:
  Start with your five rep max on standing calve raises, after completing the fifth rep drop the pin to half of the weight and complete 12 reps, immediately than drop the pin in half again and do 30 reps.  Repeat cycle one more time.
Perfect Curls 3x8

Upper Body Day 2
Gironda Dips 5x10
Upright Rowing with low pulley4x12
Pendlay Rows 5x10
Tricep Extensions  4x12

Lower Body Day 2
Hack Squats 5x10
SLDL with DBS 5x10
Standing Calve Raises suicide fashion - only one cycle this time
Drag Curls 5x10

During both of these programs I was essentially following a 40/40/20 style diet.  The only difference is I was doing 40 protein/ 40 fat/ 20 carbs.  Very similar to the beverly diet except a little less protein and a little more carbs.

The supplements I used primarly than are the same ones I use now.  A good Protein blend,  Creatine Monohydrate, Liver tabs and Aminos,  Fish Oils, and a greens multi formula.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 10:39:20 AM »
4 days a week, moderate volume, 8-12 reps per set.

dont forget muscle-tech :)

Actually, this is my exact workout, except sometimes I workout 5 days a week. I never get more than 12 reps and never less than 8. It has worked great for me.
X

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 11:32:32 AM »
 Have seen a lot of guy's make good progressive gains on GVT. By far (for me anyway) doing bent arm pullovers and presses (BB or DB) as the only upper body exercise, when using GVT, gives me some of the best results for the time invested.  Also doing cleans & presses, SLDL's or BB Hack squats as the only exercises done in a given workout.

GVT works well when chins & dips are SS'er for the 10X10's (if you have trouble with chin reps than replace with pulldowns). Can be a superior upper body workout. Usually a normal cycle to stay on this style program is 6 to 8 weeks. Good Luck.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 12:23:45 PM »
My buddy's trainer claims the best results he ever got in terms of size AND strength were using GVT - specifically the Bulgarian method.

We didn't have time for him to go into great detail, but he said he would try to find me a binder that he got while in Japan that details all the specifics of the routines he personally used.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 09:31:08 AM »
monday... chest and arms

wed.... legs

fri... back and shoulders

weekend off..... best thing since sliced bread, i prefer low volume, you could go the volume route doin the same thing tho..

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 01:26:01 PM »
Anyone tried DC?  I think I'm going to give it a go in a few months after I finish my current routine, wanting to hear some feedback if anyone has tried it.

Dog Crap stinks

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 09:10:51 AM »
Dog Crap stinks

Hmmm im the strongest iv ever been, using DC.

Also im 20-22lbs heavier of muscle in just over a year, so id say it works.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah