Author Topic: NBA Finals ratings down 20%!  (Read 8714 times)

Ari_gold

• Getbig II
  • Team Patrick Bateman
Re: NBA Finals ratings down 20%!
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 04:25:17 PM »
if lebron played for the heat and wade played for the cavs who would have the ring right now?

E
IF's dont cut it man, it is what it is, IF i fucked angelina jolie she would be happier, IF i was an actor i would win a Oscar.
Greed and disgust

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 06:42:34 PM »
Honestly, I don't know why I still bother to care. Other than a few isolated bright spots (The Warriors/Mavs series, that one Nuggets victory, the frustratingly infrequent flashes of greatness from LeBron), this year's NBA playoffs were the most boring and mechanical I can remember. Now that the San Antonio Spurs have trudged their way to a fourth championship with all the passion and urgency of a pack of Office Space drones, at least this abortion of a season has come to an end. The Spurs made it quick, dropping the Cavaliers in four straight games. And I blame myself for even watching that ass-ugly series; this year's ending was determined the moment that NBA commissioner David Stern decided to suspend Amare Stoudamire and Boris Diaw for basically nothing, effectively squashing any chance that his league might generate a few more interesting stories this spring. And still, like an idiot, I held out hope even through last night's game that LeBron games would start gargling blood and spitting fire, finding his inner demon-god and laying waste to the most boringly dominant dynasty in recent sports history. The really infuriating thing was that he always could've done it; I lost count of the moments where he should've just banged on defensive dipshit Bruce Bowen. But he usually passed to the open scrubs on his team instead, knowing full-well that they'd probably miss their uncontested three-pointers. So last night marked a disappointing end to a disappointing season, and there's really no redemption in sight for my favorite sport.

Maybe a couple of general managers will make a couple of smart off-season decisions or Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony will have time to gel in the off-season and come into the year looking unstoppable and all of a sudden we'll have a competitive league again. See? These fuckers are already roping me in again.

Ari_gold

• Getbig II
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 11:17:51 PM »
Is it cause the Spurs were in the finals the ratings dropped?
I would of thought the leagues highest touted player (Lebroom James) would of encouraged more viewers.
Greed and disgust

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 09:53:33 AM »
Is it cause the Spurs were in the finals the ratings dropped?
I would of thought the leagues highest touted player (Lebroom James) would of encouraged more viewers.

Nobody cares. It could have been Celtics-Lakers. Wouln't have mattered. The NBA is a very distant third behind the NFL and MLB. In the late 70's the NBA finals were shown on tape delay. Its going back in that direction. The next NBA tv contract will be peanuts compared to what it is today.
The House that Ruth built

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
yes, they rigged it so the spurs would win. one of the smallest market teams in the league, with no big media icons. your reasoning is incredible. why dont you stick to paying heavily muscled women to put you in a headlock you little schmoe

LOL!
HAHA, RON.....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2021, 06:53:12 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2021, 03:31:14 AM »
I love betting the NBA playoffs but these games are unwatchable.