Author Topic: Ordered my first copy of the Quran this evening!  (Read 7826 times)

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Ordered my first copy of the Quran this evening!
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »
Right now you're just aggravated with the "religion board mod MOS" because your posts are gone (especially because you have less than 100 of em).....you don't care why they were deleted, you're just mad that their gone.  EVERYONE new that gets a post deleted is HIGHLY offended and lashes out.  I've had thousands of posts deleted over the years...get used to it if you plan to remain active on Getbig.

Again, if you aren't a gimmick and you desire to share the faith for the sake of others time will vet out your intentions.  If you're intentions are genuine and honorable and represent Christ I'll be your biggest advocate!  For now you a new account doing some "gimmicky" things LOL, but I still like what you're posting.  That's the difficulty, others have posted scripture and pretended to defend Christianity in the past when their true intentions were to mock it and tear it down.

I'm of course not doing any of those dishonourable things you falsely allege so kindly refrain from traducing me. Remember the Lord Jesus, GOD HIMSELF, was doubted as well but the funny thing is that his biggest doubters and skeptics were actually the ones who were not only profligate sinners but impenitent children of the Devil! I'm here to do God's work and that is obvious to anybody with a functioning brain but on the basis of your actions and performance thus far I cannot say the same about you or your purport for being here. I'm sorry but you blatantly defied Scripture and thoughtlessly erased my hard work for God in your deleting of my posts which is why I got mad (I didn't get steamed over nothing as you disingenuously purport).

'Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?'

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 02:55:48 PM »
This is the point in which I sit quietly and watch what happens.

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 03:09:18 PM »
This is the point in which I sit quietly and watch what happens.

The point 'AT which' you mean. No offence but your English needs some work.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »
I'm of course not doing any of those dishonourable things you falsely allege so kindly refrain from traducing me. Remember the Lord Jesus, GOD HIMSELF, was doubted as well but the funny thing is that his biggest doubters and skeptics were actually the ones who were not only profligate sinners but impenitent children of the Devil! I'm here to do God's work and that is obvious to anybody with a functioning brain but on the basis of your actions and performance thus far I cannot say the same about you or your purport for being here. I'm sorry but you blatantly defied Scripture and thoughtlessly erased my hard work for God in your deleting of my posts which is why I got mad (I didn't get steamed over nothing as you disingenuously purport).

'Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?'

You Sir, beyond a mere troll, are also a troubadour of bullshit, for you efficiently pack so much English into so few words! And you do it with gusto! Bravo!

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 05:58:57 PM »
You Sir, beyond a mere troll, are also a troubadour of bullshit, for you efficiently pack so much English into so few words! And you do it with gusto! Bravo!

It's all truth not nonsense (whether you like it or not). Please read my posts properly and hearken unto the Good Book.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 06:59:11 PM »
The point 'AT which' you mean. No offence but your English needs some work.

None taken.  After thousands and thousands of posts you're bound to find all kinds of errors....spelling, vocab, sentence fragments, etc...I'm sure my post history is littered with stuff.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 10:08:13 PM »
I choose Jesus. I am glad for my choice. :) amen. I was Muslim... But not anymore... I am free now. I will never go back. As an ex Muslim I roll my eyes at everything ahmed parots. I know his kind (rolls eyes) so you can't pull any islamophobe b.s. on me because I was obsessed with Islam. There was a time I thought that I would die for Islam. Now Jesus is on my mind... Not Islam. I still have islamic culture in my life... But that's not my belief. Christianity is my belief. I will always love Arab culture too... But that's not Islam that's culture and language. Arabic is beautiful and I love Arabic music dance art culture and history =)
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 06:22:12 AM »
I choose Jesus. I am glad for my choice. :) amen. I was Muslim... But not anymore... I am free now. I will never go back. As an ex Muslim I roll my eyes at everything ahmed parots. I know his kind (rolls eyes) so you can't pull any islamophobe b.s. on me because I was obsessed with Islam. There was a time I thought that I would die for Islam. Now Jesus is on my mind... Not Islam. I still have islamic culture in my life... But that's not my belief. Christianity is my belief. I will always love Arab culture too... But that's not Islam that's culture and language. Arabic is beautiful and I love Arabic music dance art culture and history =)

You're definitely welcome on the board! 

ahmed is outspoken to say the least LOL, but he has a good heart.  

He questioned the teachings of the Catholic church while he associated with them and he attended Catholic schools as a kid, but later converted/reverted to Islam as he found more definitive answers from local imams than local priests.   ahmed is as passionate about Islam as any Muslim born into a Muslim family having "There is no God except Allah and Muhammad is his only prophet" taught to them as a day old newborn would be.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 09:13:48 AM »
Yes. I see he means well. Let him discover for himself. My experience is different because I have spent my life with so many Muslim sects and we know how to get along. At least the open mined people know how to get along. Islam is always going to be based on interpretation regardless of what ahmed says.
You are still at the mercy of the imam or holy many that is teaching you. I learned a liberal Islam. I mean it has to be some one's opinion. Islam is like a big puzzle and riddle. Even translating arabic to english is based on opinion. Eveyone has an opinion. Islam needs modern progressive and moderate people to live in the modern world. 
In every religion you have zealots. Ahmed is a zealot but it doesn't mean we don't still hang out with zealots and whatever. That's the way it is here anyway. We just think they are annoying. Like how people think bible thumpers are annoying.
I know many here like ahmed... Most of us don't agree with strict Islam. In Saudi Arabia they practice a form of Islam called ''whahabism'' women wear niqab and very strict Islamic Shariah law. I don't want that. Whahabism is also a sect and based on an interpretation. They control the religion of course. If there was only one true form then everyone would be whahabies and move to the middle east. They don't even believe non believers should live with believers. Any muslim in the west is a moderate by default and to deny is hyprocrasy and ignorance. A radical considers any muslim living with non believers a legit target and that includes any one in the west regardless.
Also about the ''whahabism'' sect in Saudi Arabia... It may say p.c. Rose coloured and friendly things in books and educational material but in reality many are against non arab people coming to the holy land and being muslim; as they see Islam as for the Arab and believe in Arab superiority. Remember that Arabs are under 20% of Muslim population. Indonesia has the bulk of Muslims. And many pure Arab Muslims esp. ''Whahabism'' take offense. We are not as welcome as you think :( 

X

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »
Yes. I see he means well. Let him discover for himself. My experience is different because I have spent my life with so many Muslim sects and we know how to get along. At least the open mined people know how to get along. Islam is always going to be based on interpretation regardless of what ahmed says.
You are still at the mercy of the imam or holy many that is teaching you. I learned a liberal Islam. I mean it has to be some one's opinion. Islam is like a big puzzle and riddle. Even translating arabic to english is based on opinion. Eveyone has an opinion. Islam needs modern progressive and moderate people to live in the modern world. 
In every religion you have zealots. Ahmed is a zealot but it doesn't mean we don't still hang out with zealots and whatever. That's the way it is here anyway. We just think they are annoying. Like how people think bible thumpers are annoying.
I know many here like ahmed... Most of us don't agree with strict Islam. In Saudi Arabia they practice a form of Islam called ''whahabism'' women wear niqab and very strict Islamic Shariah law. I don't want that. Whahabism is also a sect and based on an interpretation. They control the religion of course. If there was only one true form then everyone would be whahabies and move to the middle east. They don't even believe non believers should live with believers. Any muslim in the west is a moderate by default and to deny is hyprocrasy and ignorance. A radical considers any muslim living with non believers a legit target and that includes any one in the west regardless.
Also about the ''whahabism'' sect in Saudi Arabia... It may say p.c. Rose coloured and friendly things in books and educational material but in reality many are against non arab people coming to the holy land and being muslim; as they see Islam as for the Arab and believe in Arab superiority. Remember that Arabs are under 20% of Muslim population. Indonesia has the bulk of Muslims. And many pure Arab Muslims esp. ''Whahabism'' take offense. We are not as welcome as you think :( 

You say you don't want Saudia strict Islamic law so why you complaining when you don't even live there or agree with them?

Prophet Mohamed said a arab is not superior to a non arab.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 08:34:06 PM »
True. Stingray. =) a lot of people in the Muslim community are not happy with the way Saudi Arabia is. There has been some upset from time to time about the way they handle (haji's) to Makka and the holy city and sites ect... I remember seeing some riots on the news. I think it was sufi and shiah rioting. Upset Because whahabies act superior ect.. I don't care anymore.... It's not my problem now lol 
X