Author Topic: Personal Traing  (Read 1808 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Personal Traing
« on: February 21, 2007, 06:25:57 PM »
What is the best personal training school? I was thinking about National Academy of Sports Medicine and also Apex, and what could i expect when i finish any of those schools or any better schools? I also will be attending Florida State University, i may stay in sc for another semester. Thanks for any help
D

Reality

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Personal Traing
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:31:09 AM »
Hi, Doug.

I would get one of the more known certs such as NASM, ACSM, NSCT, ISSA....BUT what matters more is what you do with it.

As a trainer you will make the most money working for yourself not a gym or hospital, etc.

If you choose to work for yourself, then your potential client will most likely not care who you are certified by, how many muscles you can memorize, what PHA means, etc.

Your client wants to know "What's in it for me?" 

What can you, as the trainer, do for them.  Lose fat, get stronger.  How long will it take, will it hurt :)

The marketing of yourself is where most trainers miss the boat.

Get a cert and then learn marketing and business.

Just my nickels worth...and Good Luck!  :)

Scott
www.bodybuildersreality. com

P.S.  I have gotten ISSA and NASM in the past.  Next time I will get ACE for reasons mentioned above.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 12:37:31 PM »
Hi, Doug.

I would get one of the more known certs such as NASM, ACSM, NSCT, ISSA....BUT what matters more is what you do with it.

As a trainer you will make the most money working for yourself not a gym or hospital, etc.

If you choose to work for yourself, then your potential client will most likely not care who you are certified by, how many muscles you can memorize, what PHA means, etc.

Your client wants to know "What's in it for me?" 

What can you, as the trainer, do for them.  Lose fat, get stronger.  How long will it take, will it hurt :)

The marketing of yourself is where most trainers miss the boat.

Get a cert and then learn marketing and business.

Just my nickels worth...and Good Luck!  :)

Scott
www.bodybuildersreality. com

P.S.  I have gotten ISSA and NASM in the past.  Next time I will get ACE for reasons mentioned above.

Dude, he said he was doing NASM.   

What's NSCT? 

I have APEX but thats nutrition.

NPTI (national personal training institute) is a pretty comprehensive classroom program and has really good job placement help.  Check and see if there are any around you.

My favorite is the good ole NSCA-CPT and then get you CSCS. 

If you're still in college I'd switch to an Exersise Science or Kines major, much much more credible than any un-regulated certification (not knocking them, I have a few)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 12:59:52 PM »
Thanks alot guys, i am hurt right now and i am going through rehab and it should be done by sometime in March. I have called around and visited gyms, clubs, and fitness centers and all they seem to want is someone who can just sell memberships. I am about helping people not just selling a membership, i wanna help people get fit and stay in shape. I actually care about people helping them have a better self image. I got hurt on 11-02-05 and just now getting back to where i should be, the settlement is coming so that will help. it also seems that fitness centers where the money is at discrimates against bodybuilding type of people. I mean i know that not every potential client wants to look like Lee Priest, Markus Ruhl, Linda Murray etc,... and thats fine i just want to work in this field and i know this will be difficult and that is what makes fitness and bodybuilding so great.Thanks alot guys, i think i will go with NASM and APEX for nutrution.....Thanks and much appreciation...train hard
D

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 10:05:13 AM »
Apex is very basic its a 24 hour fit cert