Author Topic: carbing up in the morning didnt work  (Read 9340 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
carbing up in the morning didnt work
« on: July 20, 2018, 02:45:18 PM »
tried to load up and was twice as sluggish after i ate everything, i was planning for a brief morning workout that didnt happen

im going to only eat beans for breakfast yes it sucks but im atleast 75% sure ill get the mornin workout
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: carbing up in the morning didnt work
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 04:09:24 PM »
wat is the fucking tipping point on carbs where they start taking energy instead of giving it
A

Kwon3

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 05:02:58 PM »
Carbs always make me feel like going to bed or alternatively give me heart palpitations for a solid hour after consuming, and fuck up my sleep. I've never had as much energy as when I was on low-to-zero carb diets. Granted, too much of a good thing is counterproductive in the gym, so you eventually need them again to wake up and work out. But that's as simple as a muffin or a bottle of powerade, or even a can of Monster. The idea that you need a full carb day when you're not a 300+ lb pro or an olympic athlete is the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 05:19:13 PM »
Carbs always make me feel like going to bed or alternatively give me heart palpitations for a solid hour after consuming, and fuck up my sleep. I've never had as much energy as when I was on low-to-zero carb diets. Granted, too much of a good thing is counterproductive in the gym, so you eventually need them again to wake up and work out. But that's as simple as a muffin or a bottle of powerade, or even a can of Monster. The idea that you need a full carb day when you're not a 300+ lb pro or an olympic athlete is the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.
i sleep great at night im nice n cool feeling because my fat intake is low at night

i experimented with high fat n normal carbs at night, felt hot around mid sleep, not good sleep.

i have trouble in mornings doing shit that first 2 to 3 hours id rather just beat off its the easiest thing to acheive

ideally id like to get in 10 heavy sets in that first 1 to 2 hours then gtfo the house.... hence thread title carb loadin in am fucks me up
A

Kwon3

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »
i sleep great at night im nice n cool feeling because my fat intake is low at night

i experimented with high fat n normal carbs at night, felt hot around mid sleep, not good sleep.

i have trouble in mornings doing shit that first 2 to 3 hours id rather just beat off its the easiest thing to acheive

ideally id like to get in 10 heavy sets in that first 1 to 2 hours then gtfo the house.... hence thread title carb loadin in am fucks me up
Yeah, low carb will curse your sleep for a while and even once you adjust to it, you'll only get 4-5 hours. But you don't feel tired after, like you do when you get 4 hours on carbs then wake up because of an alarm or a job or something. For me, carbs only seem to do their job when I'm doing very heavy lifting in the gym. If I just do regular light or medium sets and a bit of cardio, it feels like they weren't needed at all, and I get bloated after the workout. Overall they're not very good for me, so I stay away from potatoes, rice, bread, just anything that doesn't digest quickly like high GI simple sugars do. Fats are great, though.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 06:06:44 PM »
I haven't eaten a card in 19 days, literally zero carbs no veggies nothing, just beef and eggs, and I feel like I'm on rocket fuel, tons of energy (zero caffeine), zero bloat, digestion is absolutely perfect. I was going to do it just for 30 days, but since I'm enjoying this so much I'm going to try 60 days. Beans have a lot of phytoestrogens dude.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 08:13:42 PM »
Zero carbs and zero fiber for 60 days is insane. I'd go out of my mind.

Curious how that goes for you. Definitely report back.

I've tried literally every "diet" there is. Not going to judge what you're doing, but all I can say is that way of eating is not sustainable, so what's the point? Aren't you already pretty lean?

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 11:39:05 PM »
tried to load up and was twice as sluggish after i ate everything, i was planning for a brief morning workout that didnt happen

im going to only eat beans for breakfast yes it sucks but im atleast 75% sure ill get the mornin workout

Here is story of your life in one sentence: Why, while I do everything wrong, all I get is crappy results? Need an answer? Instead of trying reinvent all about the sport, why don't you just use advises which were true 50 years ago, and still are?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 01:07:53 AM »
I haven't eaten a card in 19 days, literally zero carbs no veggies nothing, just beef and eggs, and I feel like I'm on rocket fuel, tons of energy (zero caffeine), zero bloat, digestion is absolutely perfect. I was going to do it just for 30 days, but since I'm enjoying this so much I'm going to try 60 days. Beans have a lot of phytoestrogens dude.

I've tried that for several weeks in the past and felt horrific, with low energy.

But adding in some carbs and keeping the carbs low, I felt great.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 01:46:47 AM »

Yeah, me neither, tastes too much like paper!
Q

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 08:33:03 AM »
Zero carbs and zero fiber for 60 days is insane. I'd go out of my mind.

Curious how that goes for you. Definitely report back.

I've tried literally every "diet" there is. Not going to judge what you're doing, but all I can say is that way of eating is not sustainable, so what's the point? Aren't you already pretty lean?

It's definitely sustainable if you truly enjoy steak/beef, look up the carnivore diet, theres people out there who have done this diet for 20 plus years. You have to eat fat  and a lot of it to feel good, you can't get 93/7 lean ground beef, you need atleast 80/20, fatty steaks Ribeyes/Chuck, no matter how much meat I eat I never feel bloated or a full feeling in my stomach, it's very strange, it feels almost impossible to binge on this diet, theres only so much steak you can eat and I just eat as much as I can each meal, it's like going to one of those Brazilian Steak houses you can be super hungry but after a few plates of meat you're just done. I've listened to tons of podcasts regarding this diet and decided to give it a shot for a month, I gotta tell you this diet is exactly how humans were designed to eat, my digestion is unreal, my elimination is perfect, zero gas, zero bloat, zero processed food, no artificial sweeteners, no transfat. I'll post up some progress soon but, I've never seen my stomach shrink down like this and I already have a 28 inch waist. Not to mention, this diet is the easiest to do prep wise and shopping wise, just cook up some steak or beef or eggs. Vince Gironda was way ahead of his time, I know he recommends a carb meal once every 4 days, which makes sense in some instances, but in theory his diet was steak and eggs well over 300 days out of the year, not to mention he was promoting intermittent fasting before it was actually a thing, he recommended 2 meals a day breakfast/lunch or lunch/dinner unlimited steak and eggs. And if you look at the results he produced with all the guys in the 70's you can't deny it, they all looked healthy, lean faced, healthy hair, skin. Falcon get some beef dude!

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 10:26:45 AM »
I never feel the carbs on a carb load till two or three days later. definitely a nap after a large breakfast also, so gotta save those for wknds

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 11:31:10 AM »

mr go4it are you doing cardio on the zero carbs

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 11:53:25 AM »
mr go4it are you doing cardio on the zero carbs
Yeah, still hitting cardio, 4-5 times a week.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 11:56:53 AM »
Yeah, still hitting cardio, 4-5 times a week.

how is the cardio going on low carbs just curious i do a bit of cardio myself on a lower carb diet

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 12:03:02 PM »
how is the cardio going on low carbs just curious i do a bit of cardio myself on a lower carb diet
I feel great, but its zero carb, literally zero.. just beef/steak/eggs. First week, was a bit of a struggle lifting wise, but I already knew that due to me doing keto before, 20 days in all my strength is back, I keep my lifting sessions pretty short 12-14 sets max. But cardio is not a problem at all, most guys fail with this diet because when they start they are weak in the gym and pumps suck in the beginning stages, but if you hang in there you will begin to see tremendous benefits.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 06:18:41 AM »
i worry and i know your diet will have grave consequences go4it , id tell u to stop but u wouldnt
A

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 06:42:39 AM »
i worry and i know your diet will have grave consequences go4it , id tell u to stop but u wouldnt
Falcon go to meatheals.com see tons of former vegans there and how going to a meat only diet completely changed there life and has cured many ailments. 

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »
Not saying it won't help get you lean, because I've done that diet.

But the lack of fiber and vitamins/enzymes from fruits & vegetables will have eventually have consequences. Not to mention cholesterol levels. Have you had that checked?

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2018, 09:42:43 AM »
Not saying it won't help get you lean, because I've done that diet.

But the lack of fiber and vitamins/enzymes from fruits & vegetables will have eventually have consequences. Not to mention cholesterol levels. Have you had that checked?
Tons of info out there regarding fiber and vitamins/minerals in regards to this diet, beef specifically is absolutely loaded with tons of vitamins and minerals, it's literally the only food that a human can not only survive on but thrive on. Like I said theres people out there that have done this diet for 20 plus years, cured all kinds of ailments like autoimmune diseases, IBS, all kinds of issues. I'm just doing this as an expiriment. One thing I will say is I've had zero bloat, zero gas, my bowel movements are reagular and solid every single time, zero gut distress and again with zero fiber/zero carb. If you are interested in further info on this you need to look into this diet more and you'll find all these answers. Our ancestors were hunter gatherers and you can be sure as hell all they were eating was meat and ocassionally berries depending on the climate/season. They werent eating oats or brocoli or take physlium husk or fiberlyze. And I'm not doing this for fat loss at all, it's just happening effortlessly, yesterday I ate almost 4 pounds of beef and I woke up this morning leaner lol, it's really weird I'm trying to test my threshhold of how much I can eat and begin to get fat. Again I was initially going to do this for a month but since I'm enjoying this diet and the simplicity of it I'm going to go for 60 days.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2018, 12:22:57 PM »
Tons of info out there regarding fiber and vitamins/minerals in regards to this diet, beef specifically is absolutely loaded with tons of vitamins and minerals, it's literally the only food that a human can not only survive on but thrive on. Like I said theres people out there that have done this diet for 20 plus years, cured all kinds of ailments like autoimmune diseases, IBS, all kinds of issues. I'm just doing this as an expiriment. One thing I will say is I've had zero bloat, zero gas, my bowel movements are reagular and solid every single time, zero gut distress and again with zero fiber/zero carb. If you are interested in further info on this you need to look into this diet more and you'll find all these answers. Our ancestors were hunter gatherers and you can be sure as hell all they were eating was meat and ocassionally berries depending on the climate/season. They werent eating oats or brocoli or take physlium husk or fiberlyze. And I'm not doing this for fat loss at all, it's just happening effortlessly, yesterday I ate almost 4 pounds of beef and I woke up this morning leaner lol, it's really weird I'm trying to test my threshhold of how much I can eat and begin to get fat. Again I was initially going to do this for a month but since I'm enjoying this diet and the simplicity of it I'm going to go for 60 days.

How long did it take for you to adjust, because I tried it for about a month and felt terrible, lifting in the gym became more mental than physical and I was sweating more. Also, my energy levels would suddenly drop and I would need food, making me eat many times a day which was not practical. And I struggled to keep my calories up too, eating only meat and eggs.

About hunter gatherers, they would have also eaten fruit and whatever edible plants they could find, so they would not have been completely without carbs. Also they would have probably eaten once a day or sometimes nothing at all.

And for all the positive testimonies for this type of carnivore diet, there are also many for the alkaline diet which emphasizes a diet with less red meat as it increases acidity in the body.

There's nothing wrong with some carbs, especially from fruit and vegetables, I think it's the gluten, high sugar and processed foods which are the problem.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2018, 12:31:57 PM »
Hunter gatherers also did not wear glasses, contacts, coats, shoes.  Why limit your hunter gathering myth just to a made up modern diet that they never ate?  Go all out and and get rid of everything except your body hair.  Probably the best thing you can do for your life.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »
How long did it take for you to adjust, because I tried it for about a month and felt terrible, lifting in the gym became more mental than physical and I was sweating more. Also, my energy levels would suddenly drop and I would need food, making me eat many times a day which was not practical. And I struggled to keep my calories up too, eating only meat and eggs.

About hunter gatherers, they would have also eaten fruit and whatever edible plants they could find, so they would not have been completely without carbs. Also they would have probably eaten once a day or sometimes nothing at all.

And for all the positive testimonies for this type of carnivore diet, there are also many for the alkaline diet which emphasizes a diet with less red meat as it increases acidity in the body.

There's nothing wrong with some carbs, especially from fruit and vegetables, I think it's the gluten, high sugar and processed foods which are the problem.

It took me about a week, when you are in the beginning phase you can't limit your calories at all, eat when you are hungry and the fattest cuts of beef/steak. Also you have to understand you are going to be depleted so I knew training would suffer a bit so I kept the workouts short. After about a week I hit ketosis, true ketosis tested through a glucometer not pee strips or breath strips. My energy was low again the first week and I knew this that is why I kept the training short, but I knew this would pass due to me doing keto for a contest prep and when I hit ketosis in that prep I was able to train an hour a day and do sometimes up to 90 mins of cardio. But in the beginning phase you cannot count calories if you are hungry eat and eat till full.

Kwon3

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 12:44:04 PM »
Hunter gatherers also did not wear glasses, contacts, coats, shoes.  Why limit your hunter gathering myth just to a made up modern diet that they never ate?  Go all out and and get rid of everything except your body hair.  Probably the best thing you can do for your life.
I like how people on the paleo diet make the case for it, as if nothing's changed since we lived in caves
we also have toilet paper instead of wet leaves to wipe our asses with now
but yeah, diets from millions of years ago are the way to go

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2018, 12:49:30 PM »
I like how people on the paleo diet make the case for it, as if nothing's changed since we lived in caves
we also have toilet paper instead of wet leaves to wipe our asses with now
but yeah, diets from millions of years ago are the way to go
It has recently been discovered that bread was being eaten during the Paleolithic era.  I wonder if the Paleo morons will now incorporate bread in their fake as Jesus diet.