Author Topic: Post-workout nausea  (Read 2494 times)

GRiNDCORE

• Getbig I
  • asdfjkl;
Post-workout nausea
« on: May 06, 2006, 03:23:17 PM »
I switched up my routine today and it kicked my ass. I've been pacing near the toilet for about a half hour, so my question is..how do I cram down the mandatory post-workout meal when I'm on the verge of vomiting?

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Post-workout nausea
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 03:55:03 PM »
just take it when youre feeling a little better or sometimes taking the shake will actually make you feel better.. the other day i felt the same way after a workout and took the shake and ate some food even though i felt like chubbing and felt better soon after

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 05:23:43 PM »
gravol helps if you don't mind a bit of drowsiness.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 12:31:39 AM »
it's not that big a rush to eat straight after, try 1 hour after and see if that'll work
Z

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 03:57:08 AM »
it's not that big a rush to eat straight after, try 1 hour after and see if that'll work

... the best time to consume protein is right after a workout... at least try to down a whey shake

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 05:09:00 AM »
yeah that used to be the case, now it isnt
Z

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 08:55:14 AM »
 The nausea reflex action is probably due to an over worked CNS. Heavy squats, DL, new workout programs, , etc can do this because the system can be overstressed with doing too much in the way of a workout. The word OverTraining comes to mind.  Sometimes the hands will shake and a dizzy feeling will go along with the nausea. Most of those post workout drinks (meals or whatever) were meant to be taken at least 1 hour after the workout. Letting the system calm down a bit and return to a normal range.  Taking protein and/or carbs right after a hard workout does not insure that it will be completly digested and assumlated into the blood stream. You would be wasting the stuff and your money. What value would a "meal" right after a workout be if it's not being used by the body and passes right through. The toilet bowl will have the honor of receiving all that valueable protein, not your muscles. Or if you hurl right after drinking/eating one.  Might want to wait at least a hour and than have a drink (rather than solid meal) that is sipped , not gulped , slowly. For me, a better option would be to have a steak dinner with a beer or glass of wine after a heavy, hard workout with-in a hour & a half. Good Luck.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 09:13:10 AM »
Drink it slow......few sips here and there for 1/2 hour.