Author Topic: Has anyone tried a "Red Bull" type energy type drink for pre workout?  (Read 4403 times)

Manthus_X

• Getbig II
Hey,

A friend of mine who works road construction takes a lot of these energy drinks, called "High Voltage" there about the size of a tallie beer can (540mls) or something like that and he says there the best thing... however he doesn't go the the gym his work is kinda vigirious, lots of shovel work and long hours under the sun. He says after about 10-12 hours he drinks one of these and he feels like he just woke up, tons of energy ect.

Ive never tried them, and there pretty pricey at around 3-5buck a can, I was thinking maybe they would give a good boost for pre workout, expecially if you drink it right before.. However its loaded with caffine and I don't drink any caffine at all right now, and I don't wana end up becoming dependent on that "buzz" during my work outs.

Here is the nutritional information on a RED BULL, im not sure what is good or bad as I just started watching my diet lately.

Red Bull Energy Drink (I think the can is about 200ml)

Ingredients: carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, sodium citrate, taurine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, inositol, niacin, D-pantothenol, pyridoxine HCL, vitamin B12, artificial flavours, colors

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 8.3 fl. oz Servings per Container: 1 Amount per serving: Calories: 110 Total Fat: 0g Sodium: 200mg Protein: 0g Total Carbohydrates: 28g Sugars: 27g

I know the only way to find out is to try try and see how it feels, but I assume a few of you have tried it before, maybe not red bull but there all the same more or less.

X

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Redbull is bad for pregnant women.
just push some weight!

Manthus_X

• Getbig II
So don't take it then....

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
A very popular engery drink in So Cal is Red Bull & Vodka. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
COCAINE HELPS

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
you could buy a bottle of caffeene pills for about 6 bucks and get the same effect with a glass of water.

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • LET ME OUT OF TIME OUT NEED ADVICE GETTING GYNO!!!
you could buy a bottle of caffeene pills for about 6 bucks and get the same effect with a glass of water.

Very true.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

Yep, a bit of caffeine helps with workouts, but too must can be bad news.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I DRINK 2 RED BULL  DAY. IT DOES NOTHING 4 ME!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
I DRINK 2 RED BULL  DAY. IT DOES NOTHING 4 ME!

then why drink 2 per day smarty?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.

And... this is much more cost effective.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
I like a nice cup of coffee.
X

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
I heard 0,5 grams of cocaine will be legal in mexico if you got prescription
Z

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
There are a lot of pre workout drinks out there.  Most gyms carry them.  They do get you energized but dont go crazy with them.  Thats how things end up getting banned.  Although ephedrine is back in some areas. and that would give you the best energy boost

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Ephedrine and Excedrin (asprin & caffeine) use to be the spike of choice before workouts. Add a little niacin...200-400mg... (if you can stand the upper body flush) or other B vitamins and wait 15-20 minutes before training. Even regular cheap asprin along with Ephedrine worked. Any of the above were usaually grounded into powder for quicker absorption. Warning: if any one has a  less than normal heart/CNS function/weakness than caution should be applied before using any spike like this. Also, with regular use this can cause stomach ulcer's/internal bleeding, etc. Guy's would usually take any of these on those "I know I should but I can't get up for a workout" day's. Or if they were going for a personal best, match, etc. The buzz didn't last that long, just enought to give the body and mind a boost. You can work harder and are stronger in the lift's.

Most of these commerical engery/workout drinks have the B vitamin family (including niacin)/Taurine/Caffeine/sugar blend. Some don't include caffeine. Very, very, overpriced stuff. The original poor man's version, mentioned above, would be  a better choice for a preformance upper before a serious workout. But be advised that not all people can handle that combination of asprin & caffeine on a daily bases or on/before every  workout. It is for occasional use only Good Luck.

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Hey,

A friend of mine who works road construction takes a lot of these energy drinks, called "High Voltage" there about the size of a tallie beer can (540mls) or something like that and he says there the best thing... however he doesn't go the the gym his work is kinda vigirious, lots of shovel work and long hours under the sun. He says after about 10-12 hours he drinks one of these and he feels like he just woke up, tons of energy ect.

Ingredients: carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, sodium citrate, taurine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, inositol, niacin, D-pantothenol, pyridoxine HCL, vitamin B12, artificial flavours, colors

Alot of runners use this stuff-- but I personally think the caffeine jolt in Red Bull makes my heart beat too fast and I get hyper and shakey.