Author Topic: Ok... Seriously... The board is MMA, so...  (Read 12317 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Ok... Seriously... The board is MMA, so...
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2008, 07:15:45 AM »
bluto would be a better mod

if he didn't throw childish tantrums about getting his own way
and abuse the privelege

he feels it is necessary to over moderate all the time which annoys others

i don't have a problem with him staying mod if he grows up a bit

I vote for Bluto to stay too. I think he does a good job adding content and he runs the betting threads which has attracted more and more people here. He just needs to stay away from off topic bickering on here is all.  I say put Chute back on too, he never did anything to get taken off in the first place. And for the third mod spot I say put on someone who will actually give the board 30 minutes a month and update our betting tallies, it's a shame they stopped being added.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2008, 07:21:44 AM »
So that's two people that want Bluto to stay and upwards of two dozen that want him gone. The writing's on the wall Ron. Boot the piece of shit. Give him another Z board to ejaculate all over or something.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2008, 07:25:26 AM »
So that's two people that want Bluto to stay and upwards of two dozen that want him gone. The writing's on the wall Ron. Boot the piece of shit. Give him another Z board to ejaculate all over or something.

I actually do agree with you on that BF. There is no reason to have a moderator on here if the whole focus is going to be everyone just arguing with him all the time. There are plenty of boards for that, no reason to turn the MMA into an alpha. I honestly think that Bluto has done a better job than SCSG and MS here, but I am sick of reading thread after thread about people just arguing about who is the mod or other petty shit.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2008, 07:31:52 AM »
I actually do agree with you on that BF. There is no reason to have a moderator on here if the whole focus is going to be everyone just arguing with him all the time. There are plenty of boards for that, no reason to turn the MMA into an alpha. I honestly think that Bluto has done a better job than SCSG and MS here, but I am sick of reading thread after thread about people just arguing about who is the mod or other petty shit.

Bluto's biggest problem is that when he doesn't get his way or gets called out on something, he conducts himself like a four year old and throws a temper tantrum.

Instead of saying so and so won the betting threads, he tries to change the rules and modify things so that a guy he doesn't like (i.e. ChuteBoxe) doesn't win. Instead of congratulating him for winning both cards, he threw a temper tantrum and tried to rule out a fight because he decided not to bet it.

He even went so far as to delete the entire thread when he got embarrassed a couple of events ago. That was a slap in the face to the guy running it.

Instead of defending his claim that Fedor isn't the best p4p or even the best HW, he completely derails the thread and turns it into a bitch fest. He exists to stir shit up. That's what trolls do, not moderators.

ChuteBoxe had this board running excellently, actually trains MMA and contributes more than copy/pasted articles and headlines from Sherdog and the other MMA sites.

On top of that, he shows no respect to the other mods and moves SCSG's posts and anyone's post that he doesn't like. That is ridiculous. A mod should contribute and keep the board running smoothly, not derail it while trying to establish your own personal dictatorship on it.

This board went from being a good source to talk about MMA to Bluto's own personal playground.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2008, 07:38:23 AM »
I don't think it is all Blutos fault as he is provoked all the time. As far as content and being around at the important times(big fights), Bluto is second to none imo. Hopefully all the stupid bickering will end and we can just talk about MMA again.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2008, 09:55:36 AM »
In reality, he just copy pastes 99% of the posts on Sherdog, MMA underground and the other various sites on the web. If we were looking for that info., we would just go there.

I disagree.

First of all cut n paste is an essential ingredient of the MMA board. Just as it is of Sherdog and other sites. Look at my post "BJ Penn ready to own two divisions starting this December" that I posted yesterday for example, it already got 96 views and 5 replies and unless onlyme can hook me up with BJ Penn personally I can't figure out how else I would've gotten hold of that news.

Second cut n paste is something ALL moderators do as well as a number of users, including for example ChuteBoxe which means when you criticize me - you criticize them.

It's a good thing you have no say on how we run things here because your views above is not shared with the rest of the board.

Milfer or whoever it was set up the betting game. It was running smoothly and fine. Bluto, who knows jack shit about MMA, couldn't even get half his predictions right. So, he started changing the rules on his own, changing people's picks, removing posts, making decrees. He pretty much just about ran the game into the ground until he finally backed off after enough people bitched.

Completely false.

I set up the betting game and I'm the one that asked Milfer to do the calculating (I originally asked Geo but he declined). I'm also among the top betters, month after month. I haven't changed the rules, I haven't changed peoples picks, I haven't removed posts and the betting game has a steady number of people betting show after show (the total number increased 3-4 times since the beginning)

The Fedor p4p thread was going great until Bluto de-railed it by saying that Fedor wasn't the best HW.

Not true. I've never said that.

To continue on, he also deletes moderators posts. SinCity was moderator before Bluto, is well received here, and yet Bluto is constantly moving and deleting his posts as if he is King here.

You seem confused. Let me clear this up for you:

I haven't deleted any of his posts. He on the other hand have deleted numerous posts from me, including a reply to you the other day.
I very rarely move posts, but I will it it's necessary and they go against the rules and I don't care if they're started by a moderator or not. You see the only person who thinks he is the king here is the man that this quote is from:

"I have every right to make any thread I want on this board."

And that's your buddy Sincity talking.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2008, 10:01:19 AM »
I approached this, and was PM'ed several times. These PM's had nothing to do with the subject.

If PM's have nothing to do with the subject, then there's little point in bringing them up here. People PM eachother all the time. PM's a great way to argue about things you don't want to argue about publically.

For example, Sincity should've PM'ed me instead of having a meltdown creating a new thread about why an older thread was moved. That's how it works everywhere else on Getbig, you think the people of the G&0 create a thread bitching at the moderators everytime a thread is moved?

the impressive SCSG keep things professional here.

For the record, maybe you should tell people that SCSG in fact is your BUDDY, kinda put things in perspective doesn't it? No wonder you think he's "impressive" and "professional".

Nepotism at it's best.
Z

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2008, 10:03:41 AM »
why don't you step down bluto

it seems the regulars on here apart from danny

want you to

you have plenty of other boards to mod
T

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2008, 10:26:51 AM »
Instead of saying so and so won the betting threads, he tries to change the rules and modify things so that a guy he doesn't like (i.e. ChuteBoxe) doesn't win. Instead of congratulating him for winning both cards, he threw a temper tantrum and tried to rule out a fight because he decided not to bet it.

Absolutely not. It's nothing personal, but when a user bets on fights practically nobody else bet on and that was added the last minute it gives an unfair advantage. What's the point in going against others to see who's best when not everybody is betting on an equal number of fights?

I've discussed this with ChuteBoxe a number of times and he can't defend his position.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2008, 10:41:18 AM »
why don't you step down bluto

it seems the regulars on here apart from danny

want you to

you have plenty of other boards to mod

Empty cans rattle the most.
Z

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »
Empty cans rattle the most.

don't avoid the question

why would you want to mod here

when you are so unpopular

are you that desperate to be in control
T

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2008, 11:02:24 AM »
Exactly my point with Bluto. I see several replies in attempts to defend his reputation. I don't care to be PM'ed by Bluto. I said I have my reasons that I feel there are others more capable of a MMA moderator spot, and that should be that. I'll bring up anything I feel necessary, brah. So don't try and tell me what is not necessary. As for Sin, yeah he is a good friend, and his knowledge of MMA goes way beyond these boards.

I understand there is arguing amongst the two of you, but something has got to give. I with BF about going along with the community. Sure, there a couple of lads that agree that Bluto should stay, but the majority of us see the tantrums or the childish appoach through PM's to start an arguement.

Back to the topic, Boxing should have the freedom if inclusion in these threads. Excellent style of fighting that brings more discussion, and a variety to the best board on GB: IMHO.  

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2008, 11:05:36 AM »
don't avoid the question

why would you want to mod here

when you are so unpopular

are you that desperate to be in control

Because I remember how it was before I got to mod here. It was what I refer to as the "dark ages" of the MMA board.

Moderating isn't a popularity contest, in fact it's good not to be too popular, makes you neutral, unbiased and independent.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2008, 12:22:31 PM »
I've now talked to the mods on the G&O as well, they will move any Boxing threads from there to here.
Z

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2008, 12:25:32 PM »
I've now talked to the mods on the G&O as well, they will move any Boxing threads from there to here.
And it only took a totally unanimous vote against you and Ron shutting down you mod powers to do it. Damn, you are  incompetent.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2008, 12:40:56 PM »
And it only took a totally unanimous vote against you and Ron shutting down you mod powers to do it. Damn, you are  incompetent.

There's been no vote. Sincity is a loose cannon who had a meltdown. Ron's a busy man and off to Tampa, he can't risk Sincity following in the footsteps of his buddy ChuteBoxe and starting to delete threads to the left and right so he rather play it safe and demod everybody for the time being.
That's perfectly understandable.

Regarding Boxing, I talked to the other mods BEFORE that happend. You should be happy. This means there'll be more threads about Boxing on here than ever before.
Z

Dball

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2008, 12:53:35 PM »
For a second I thought this was Ron's site and he, not the cheap seats, got to decide who was a moderator.  My mistake...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2008, 01:18:37 PM »
There's been no vote. Sincity is a loose cannon who had a meltdown. Ron's a busy man and off to Tampa, he can't risk Sincity following in the footsteps of his buddy ChuteBoxe and starting to delete threads to the left and right so he rather play it safe and demod everybody for the time being.
That's perfectly understandable.

Regarding Boxing, I talked to the other mods BEFORE that happend. You should be happy. This means there'll be more threads about Boxing on here than ever before.
As far I can tell Sincity moved my two boxing threads back when they should have. That was the right thing to do. You let this power you have go to your head and it affects your ability to give the board what they want. You can ramble on about your "following the rules" bullshit but the fact of the matter is if you actually listened to the members on here and quit acting like a computer geek with no life who has to win every little argument that comes your way, then maybe your approval rating wouldn't be in the sewer and we could get some meaningful discussions going on. Your style of moderating might be good for the Alphabet boards discussions where everyone is just goofing around but it does not serve an MMA board very well.

As far as the boxing is concerned, you were dead wrong... people do want that subject here.  Maybe you wouldn't be sitting here with your moderating powers suspended if you had realized that. Sincity and Chuteboxe realized that people on here enjoy to discuss boxing. YOU did jack shit except try to keep it off the board even when the unanimous majority supported the idea. It was a day later when you totally did a 180 and decided the name "Fight Club" should be used just to save face.

By the way, now that Boxing appears to be a mainstay on this board, I would even venture to say that Chuteboxe is even more qualified than ever to take over the moderator job. He knows TONS about boxing, you know next to nothing. He generally beats you with the MMA predictions. I can actually come to him and discuss certain things that would improve the board, while it's a waste of time discussing anything with you because you always give this "better than thou" vibe.  Chuteboxe actually trains MMA, while you sit at your computer lying about dating supermodels, working out a 6 day double split, having years of MMA training experience.

Guys like you are fit to Mod the alphabet boards where you can go in there and joke around, and believe me those boards do have their place on getbig.com. But I just can't see how the MMA board can ever be taken serious when a guy like you is moderating it, there are just better choices to replace you... plain and simple.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2008, 01:32:27 PM »
As far I can tell Sincity moved my two boxing threads back when they should have. That was the right thing to do. You let this power you have go to your head and it affects your ability to give the board what they want.

It was the wrong thing to do. As much as we love the MMA board everything on Getbig doesn't circle around it. It's just one board of many. We cannot just bulldoze other boards because we feel like it when there's a conflict of interest. I'm all about giving people what they want, but not at the expense of others.

If you had it your way, the MMA board would be an "anything goes" type of board, hell you've made two posts about American Football already today, where does it end with you?

YOU did jack shit except try to keep it off the board even when the unanimous majority supported the idea. It was a day later when you totally did a 180 and decided the name "Fight Club" should be used just to save face.

The majority on here never voiced their opinion about Boxing, the few threads on Boxing that's been on here (for example those posted by ChuteBoxe) has less than half a dozen people participating in them. When Ron officially posted that Boxing should be on the MMA board then and only then did I change.
HE makes the rules. Not you. Not me.
Z

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2008, 01:42:29 PM »
As far I can tell Sincity moved my two boxing threads back when they should have. That was the right thing to do. You let this power you have go to your head and it affects your ability to give the board what they want. You can ramble on about your "following the rules" bullshit but the fact of the matter is if you actually listened to the members on here and quit acting like a computer geek with no life who has to win every little argument that comes your way, then maybe your approval rating wouldn't be in the sewer and we could get some meaningful discussions going on. Your style of moderating might be good for the Alphabet boards discussions where everyone is just goofing around but it does not serve an MMA board very well.

As far as the boxing is concerned, you were dead wrong... people do want that subject here.  Maybe you wouldn't be sitting here with your moderating powers suspended if you had realized that. Sincity and Chuteboxe realized that people on here enjoy to discuss boxing. YOU did jack shit except try to keep it off the board even when the unanimous majority supported the idea. It was a day later when you totally did a 180 and decided the name "Fight Club" should be used just to save face.

By the way, now that Boxing appears to be a mainstay on this board, I would even venture to say that Chuteboxe is even more qualified than ever to take over the moderator job. He knows TONS about boxing, you know next to nothing. He generally beats you with the MMA predictions. I can actually come to him and discuss certain things that would improve the board, while it's a waste of time discussing anything with you because you always give this "better than thou" vibe.  Chuteboxe actually trains MMA, while you sit at your computer lying about dating supermodels, working out a 6 day double split, having years of MMA training experience.

Guys like you are fit to Mod the alphabet boards where you can go in there and joke around, and believe me those boards do have their place on getbig.com. But I just can't see how the MMA board can ever be taken serious when a guy like you is moderating it, there are just better choices to replace you... plain and simple.

Well said.

Bluto somehow seems to think that he is responsible for the growth of the MMA board and bringing it out of the dark ages as he likes to call it  when in reality it took the work of the mods AND the regular posters to make it grow. Calling the regulars "empty cans" shows the type of disdainful attitude bluto has towards the regular posters in general. Whenever he gets challenged over some retarded post he makes - his reaction is to respond like a brat via PM? Is he really that insecure about himself that he has to resort to such childish tactics? Apparently now he's convinced that Bezerkfury and I are the same person even though he has failed to provide concrete evidence other than the the fact that we have both called him mental midget.  ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2008, 01:50:55 PM »
So, I made a couple (well now three) comments about football, and you are in subtle way chastising me for it. You really need to calm down.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2008, 01:53:46 PM »
Watching this kid flat out lie as he desperately tries to save face is disgusting. Fact of the matter is that 99% of the people posting in this thread want him gone.

Bluto didn't make this board. ChuteBoxe, Scimowser and the other old mods did. Bluto wormed his way into the moderator position by constantly bombarding Ron with pm's and has since managed to destroy everything that was interesting about this board.

Betting game - ruined by Bluto's temper tantrums due to his embarrassing results.
Threads started by people he doesn't like - Moved and/or deleted.
Every Bluto thread copy/pasted from the major MMA sites.

No one wants you here Bluto. Step down. Or at least stop being a little bitch and let the board vote for who should have your moderator spot. There is ZERO reason as to why you should keep moderator here. This board is not your playground.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »
 RON overruled blutos petty tantrums and determined that boxing threads belong here. That ended blutos little attempt at powerplay in its tracks.

He has to be the only mod on this board who tries to stir up shit whenever he posts. Bluedevil is another retard but at least he sticks to his own board unlike bluto who has verbal diarrhea all over getbig and the meltsdown and cries when he gets hit back. Classic case of a bully who had the tables turned on him.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2008, 02:13:11 PM »

Bluto somehow seems to think that he is responsible for the growth of the MMA board and bringing it out of the dark ages as he likes to call it  when in reality it took the work of the mods AND the regular posters to make it grow.

Of course not. It's a combined effort.

Calling the regulars "empty cans" shows the type of disdainful attitude bluto has towards the regular posters in general.

There's a hell lot of regulars on here, I'm refering to the few that do more harm than good. Most I wouldn't even call regulars, they just show up to take a shot at me because they have an axe to grind or because they feel they should support their "buddy" when he's losing an argument.
Z

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »
Of course not. It's a combined effort.

There's a hell lot of regulars on here, I'm refering to the few that do more harm than good. Most I wouldn't even call regulars, they just show up to take a shot at me because they have an axe to grind or because they feel they should support their "buddy" when he's losing an argument.

So you thought i had an axe to grind with you? I never even bothered with you until you posted your ridiculous Fedor thread in a clear attempt to provoke the board. Instead of debating me on the thread on valid points you resorted to PM's? Are you that weak willed?