Author Topic: Creatine Kinase/High Levels  (Read 4346 times)

Hielio de hombre

• Getbig I
Creatine Kinase/High Levels
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:19:15 AM »
Last year for the first time on my blood work they checked my CPK levels(creatine kinase) every thing else was about normal,The doctor said high levels over work your Kidneys,She said this is high levels of protein in the blood,so I cut back on the shakes,but while i still lift with out a break for days it is still running high,so I didn't lift for three days but still consumed a moderate amount of protein and it did drop down,But the endocrinologist I went to said if you are lifting you are going to have high levels,but that high levels are not good for the kidneys,nobody has told me what to do to keep the level down other than don't lift for days,but i don't want to quit for that long every week,I drink a lot of coffee is my liver busy working on removing other things,I thought the kidneys removed the protein,endocriologist said give yourself a long break and drink a lot of water,HAS ANYONE ELSE DEALT WITH THIS PROBLEM BEFORE.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Creatine Kinase/High Levels
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:09:31 AM »
Welcome to the world of bodybuilding.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 11:25:13 AM »
Last year for the first time on my blood work they checked my CPK levels(creatine kinase) every thing else was about normal,The doctor said high levels over work your Kidneys,She said this is high levels of protein in the blood,so I cut back on the shakes,but while i still lift with out a break for days it is still running high,so I didn't lift for three days but still consumed a moderate amount of protein and it did drop down,But the endocrinologist I went to said if you are lifting you are going to have high levels,but that high levels are not good for the kidneys,nobody has told me what to do to keep the level down other than don't lift for days,but i don't want to quit for that long every week,I drink a lot of coffee is my liver busy working on removing other things,I thought the kidneys removed the protein,endocriologist said give yourself a long break and drink a lot of water,HAS ANYONE ELSE DEALT WITH THIS PROBLEM BEFORE.

Stats? How much protein?  What is your basic lifting routine? They've confirmed you did not have a heart attack?  Why was the test ordered in the first place?
:

Hielio de hombre

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »
I was taking in about 150-170 grams a day,I weigh about 185,The test were not ordered for any reason,It was just on the Lab Corp test results,I don't know why they were checking this.But my doctor is very aware of all the things I do,I never asked if it was somthing she ask for,I don't think it was,While I'm on I always take plenty of liver detox.The test always show normal Kidney function.

Hielio de hombre

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 03:18:18 PM »
also I go 10 weeks lifting 5 days a week,then back of a little on the intensity and maybe just 4 days for a little break.