Author Topic: Guys who don't compete yet take gear. WHY do you do it?  (Read 8235 times)

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
Guys who don't compete yet take gear. WHY do you do it?
« on: April 10, 2007, 07:21:45 PM »
I was looking around the gym tonight at some of the water-laden, zit-ridden morons with no legs and thought to myself, "Why in the hell are these guys taking gear?  For what?" 

It seems to me that a vast majority of people who use (I'd say 95%) take gear before they even come close to reaching their genetic potential.  Embracing apathy, they turn to the needle instead of seeing what they are made of through dedication and work-ethic.  I just don't understand people like this.  They completely baffle me.

For those of you who use but don't compete, WHY do you do it?  To have the biggest arms at the local nightclub on Saturday night?  So you can look like a pink flamingo holding a ton of water when you hit the gym?  What the hell is the point?  You're not going to make a living off of bodybuilding/weightlifting.  You're doing nothing but showing everyone you aren't man enough to sack up and obtain something (a physique) by simply using what God gave you at birth.  Why do you do it?  What made you turn to it? 

I've simply never understood this.  It's borderline insane behavior to me.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Guys who don't compete yet take gear. WHY do you do it?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 07:30:57 PM »
The same could be said for folks that spend $50K trickin out their Honda Accords so they can race other gearheads on Saturday night.   They'll never race professionally, but they spend their life savings trickin out a rollin shitbox for 20 seconds of racing with other grease monkeys.

To each their own, more power to em.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 07:33:53 PM »
The same could be said for folks that spend $50K trickin out their Honda Accords so they can race other gearheads on Saturday night.   They'll never race professionally, but they spend their life savings trickin out a rollin shitbox for 20 seconds of racing with other grease monkeys.

To each their own, more power to em.

Good analogy...they are both morons.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 07:36:53 PM »
" Guys who don't compete yet take gear. WHY do you do it?  "

Such a simple answer. My friend ... they do it because ... of ... Vanity.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:38:46 PM »
" Guys who don't compete yet take gear. WHY do you do it?  "

Such a simple answer. My friend ... they do it because ... of ... Vanity.

Someone can take care of that by working hard as hell.

Does that bring it all back to flat out LAZINESS?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:43:48 PM »
Someone can take care of that by working hard as hell.

Does that bring it all back to flat out LAZINESS?

When I was younger I was very anti-steroid and the juicer friends I had would tell me, "look bro, you train your ass off, but after a year you'll add what 5-8lbs of muscle at best?   I put on 25lbs in under 6 months, I eat fastfood and my bodyfat is 10-12%."   Now, I've never used, and I've mellowed out as I've gotten older, but I still don't understand the mentality.   If you desire to compete then juice until your insides liquify....fine by me.  Although, if you're 22, stupid and spending the allowance your parents give you on gear so you can look good in a mall, best you rethink your priorities....then again, I don't know many 22 yr olds concerned with their priorities.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 08:03:57 PM »
you cant compare street racers to grease monkeys.  Sure, there are plenty of kids who spend shit tons of money on their import shitboxes to look cool and go fast and sound loud...but you have to separate the people who do this by paying other people to fix up their shit....and the people who buy parts, or even fabricate their own parts and fix the shit up themselves.
its a hobby i guess for some folks.  I'm ASE master certified, GM certified and went back to school for a 2 year degree for automotive technology even though i work in the computer field...i did that stuff just as a hobby.  I can get a 10 second car for $15,000 but i can build one for about $6000.  Even if i never race professionally, its all worth it to smoke some chump from a red light revving his fuckin honda civic....with an 84 dodge diplomat...just in the same way it is rewarding for some juicehead to leave the bar with 2 bar sluts while the "natural" guy goes home alone to eat some organic free range chicken.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 08:04:34 PM »
to get bitches 8) 8) 8)

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 08:07:06 PM »
i dont but i might to look like this...

you know?, everyone wants to be a super hero

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:11:28 PM »
With some guys, though, you really have to question their brain power.

I know this guy who is 5'10, 190 lbs, looks like dog poo, and has been "juicing" for almost two years now... he gets his stuff from some UG lab, doesn't have a job, doesn't go to school, gets money from his dad... That money goes towards gear...

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 08:11:48 PM »
Why are you judging somebody's personal preferences?  ???  As long as they are not hurting anyone else, what is the big deal?

Why would I use steroids?  To get bigger and leaner.  ???  Hope this helps.

Discuss.

couldn't say it better myself!!!
are you delusional?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 08:13:08 PM »
juicing up to look good in a nightclub makes far more sense than juicing up to win some local bodybuilding show

E
E

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 08:13:26 PM »
With some guys, though, you really have to question their brain power.

I know this guy who is 5'10, 190 lbs, looks like dog poo, and has been "juicing" for almost two years now... he gets his stuff from some UG lab, doesn't have a job, doesn't go to school, gets money from his dad... That money goes towards gear...

dude -- you know my little bro then

fcking toolbox takes siht to sit at around 200lbs maybe and looks bloated - needs to clean up and stick to da ganga

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »
dude -- you know my little bro then

fcking toolbox takes siht to sit at around 200lbs maybe and looks bloated - needs to clean up and stick to da ganga

hahahaaa.... how you been, Spike? And what you been up to?

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
Ego Fuckers! 8)

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 08:16:41 PM »
Why are you judging somebody's personal preferences?  ???  As long as they are not hurting anyone else, what is the big deal?

Why would I use steroids?  To get bigger and leaner.  ???  Hope this helps.

Discuss.

Why not be satisfied with maximizing our own genetic potential and just leaving it at that?  It has nothing to do with "preference" or even if it's breaking the law, the question is why do it?  It's almost like admitting to yourself that you were born inferior....

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 08:19:16 PM »
Egocrusher, going by your logic, why take supplements? protein powder? why even eat lots of good food?

After all, if your genetics are good enough, you shouldn't have to eat all those eggs, chicken, and tuna. Otherwise, you should be happy with what nature gave you...

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 08:19:31 PM »
I say, why would you spend $1000 on steroids to win a $4 trophy.  Let's face it, taking steroids to compete is just a way to rationalize one's over the top drug use.  It's just a sorry excuse as to why someone takes a ton of sauce.  You're not going to make any money off bodybuilding, unless you're in the top 10 or so.  And if you do win a show, it's more because of the drug blend than anything...where is the satisfaction in that one?
In short, if you're going to sauce, great, but don't use a "show" as a great reason for taking them.  It's simply foolish.
N

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 08:22:04 PM »
hahahaaa.... how you been, Spike? And what you been up to?

about to graduate -- then maybe do Jr USAs again, next year

I been competing since I was 19 -- did it natural for awhile then wanted to step it up hardass stylie-then about 2yrs ago I hit the protein peptide hormones and went to Jr usa's when I was 23 -- I juice to stay competitive but I would take gh if not competing to just stay lean and run game on bitches like Lebron

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 08:23:10 PM »
Egocrusher, going by your logic, why take supplements? protein powder? why even eat lots of good food?

After all, if your genetics are good enough, you shouldn't have to eat all those eggs, chicken, and tuna. Otherwise, you should be happy with what nature gave you...

It never fails.  Some fool comes out of the woodwork and compares designer drugs (steroids) to protein powder every time.  Delusional.  It never ceases to amaze me what links guys who use will go to to defend their rationale for using.

Being alive dictates that you must EAT FOOD.  Talking about eating egg whites, tuna, etc. is also ludicrous.  Comparing that to taking designer drugs (steroids) is just as irrational.

This discussion always cracks me up.  Some of the reasons for using guys have are hilarious.

Lurker79

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 08:24:29 PM »
Why not be satisfied with maximizing our own genetic potential and just leaving it at that?  It has nothing to do with "preference" or even if it's breaking the law, the question is why do it?  It's almost like admitting to yourself that you were born inferior....

Same could be said about women who get fake boob jobs, collagen injections, tummy tucks, chemical peels. It's their bodies, I don't see the point in it but I won't criticize them for it. I will have a good laugh from time to time though, when I see the ridiculous lengths some people go to change their bodies, whether it be with roids, surgery, whatever.

At least with roids, if you want a decent looking physique, you still need to bust your ass. Most don't, but hey...it's their money, and if it gives them a sense of confidence, false or real...more power to them.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 08:24:58 PM »
I was looking around the gym tonight at some of the water-laden, zit-ridden morons with no legs and thought to myself, "Why in the hell are these guys taking gear?  For what?" 

It seems to me that a vast majority of people who use (I'd say 95%) take gear before they even come close to reaching their genetic potential.  Embracing apathy, they turn to the needle instead of seeing what they are made of through dedication and work-ethic.  I just don't understand people like this.  They completely baffle me.

For those of you who use but don't compete, WHY do you do it?  To have the biggest arms at the local nightclub on Saturday night?  So you can look like a pink flamingo holding a ton of water when you hit the gym?  What the hell is the point?  You're not going to make a living off of bodybuilding/weightlifting.  You're doing nothing but showing everyone you aren't man enough to sack up and obtain something (a physique) by simply using what God gave you at birth.  Why do you do it?  What made you turn to it? 

I've simply never understood this.  It's borderline insane behavior to me.

you wont have huge arms on hormones if you didnt have big arms before hormones,,you will have big arms,,the main reason lifter uses gear is because they want to look their best muscle mass to bodyfat ratio via the process of bulk and cut bullk and cut,,

many of the lifters,,,many girls included,,take it inorder to shorten their way on to the stage with enough muscle to be able to do some damage,,,especially state level shows etc

i dont know even one person that was serious about his training diet and drug intake that looked bad,,they all look good,,,some less good some more good

the thing i find worst is the girl in your local gym that is 118 pounds figure competitor that sits there and saying she takes nothing yet her face look like she got down  syndrom and clenbuterol and effedrine s like ibu profen to her,,those are the liars i hate the most,,but to me they never say they dont take anything,,when i get in a gym,,any gym there is silence of respect,,because you cant tell me no bull crap,,i done it all and seen it all
fallen angel

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 08:26:36 PM »
Scroll down...

http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com/showthread.php?t=3416
Just what I've always wanted, big tits I can play with at anytime.  Thanks Matt!
N

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »
you wont have huge arms on hormones if you didnt have big arms before hormones,,you will have big arms,,the main reason lifter uses gear is because they want to look their best muscle mass to bodyfat ratio via the process of bulk and cut bullk and cut,,

many of the lifters,,,many girls included,,take it inorder to shorten their way on to the stage with enough muscle to be able to do some damage,,,especially state level shows etc

i dont know even one person that was serious about his training diet and drug intake that looked bad,,they all look good,,,some less good some more good

the thing i find worst is the girl in your local gym that is 118 pounds figure competitor that sits there and saying she takes nothing yet her face look like she got down  syndrom and clenbuterol and effedrine s like ibu profen to her,,those are the liars i hate the most,,but to me they never say they dont take anything,,when i get in a gym,,any gym there is silence of respect,,because you cant tell me no bull crap,,i done it all and seen it all

Yeah, the figure girls using cracks me up every time.  You talk about complete denial.  They should drug-test all figure competitions. 

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 08:31:21 PM »
Actually, the better topic would be "guys who don't have physiques yet still act like they know what they're talking about.  WHY do you do it?"