Author Topic: back from the doctors  (Read 2668 times)

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
back from the doctors
« on: April 10, 2007, 06:44:15 PM »
the past 2-3 months iver been trying to train pretty heavy. working mainly compound movements and hitting each body part every 5 days. well yesterday i was at work and kind of tweeked my knee but though nothing of it. went to the gym started to warm up on squats and noticed it was a lil sore and i could feel a sharp pain when i squated past parallel . i decided to take it light and do reps of 12-15 on rep number 3 i swore i felt a knife go into my knee. i droped the bar and like a pussy left. well 1 xray later i have a torn miniscucs. so looks like legs are out for a while time to bring up my chest/ shoulders, and arms.

god damn this sucks

Mr. Intenseone

Re: back from the doctors
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 07:47:47 PM »
the past 2-3 months iver been trying to train pretty heavy. working mainly compound movements and hitting each body part every 5 days. well yesterday i was at work and kind of tweeked my knee but though nothing of it. went to the gym started to warm up on squats and noticed it was a lil sore and i could feel a sharp pain when i squated past parallel . i decided to take it light and do reps of 12-15 on rep number 3 i swore i felt a knife go into my knee. i droped the bar and like a pussy left. well 1 xray later i have a torn miniscucs. so looks like legs are out for a while time to bring up my chest/ shoulders, and arms.

god damn this sucks

Have the surgery, it only takes about an hour and a half and your walking by the next day and at the very least light extensions within a few days.......meniscus is no big deal, just thank God it isn't an ACL, MCL or PCL then you would be looking at long recoveries.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 05:42:24 AM »
ya i was very happy i could actual stand when i was done. at first i didnt think it was that bad but it swole pretty bad and thats when i decided to see a doc. thanks i go back for an appoitmen today and im hoping to be squatting or leg pressing by august

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:10:08 AM »
Moral of the story for future reference:

Don't train through injuries, let them heal.

Don't do any exercises that directly aggrevate the injury.

Plus of course warm up well; that lesson usually only happens after an injury.

Keep the reps moderate, at least. Don't rest too long between sets, in order to keep the area warm.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 01:56:49 PM »
lesson learned.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 08:32:20 PM »
Moral of the story for future reference:

Don't train through injuries, let them heal.

Don't do any exercises that directly aggrevate the injury.

Plus of course warm up well; that lesson usually only happens after an injury.

Keep the reps moderate, at least. Don't rest too long between sets, in order to keep the area warm.

a torn meniscus will not heal, there is no blood supply to the effected area.           

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 10:36:24 PM »
a torn meniscus will not heal, there is no blood supply to the effected area.           

No way of knowing when it happened. A conservative approach to any aggrevation, paying attention to minor pain, is best.