Author Topic: 31 DAYS of HORROR  (Read 392456 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: 31 DAYS of HORROR
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2015, 10:40:13 AM »
DAY 23
THE NAIL GUN MASSACRE (1985)

rape revenge, 80S straight to video trash. seems the cast were mostly made up of fsmily, friends and the odd local that wanted to join in. best not watched with a highly, disinterested girlfriend. 1.5/5

the snobs review which actually got him booted from youtube

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2015, 10:49:40 AM »

Been really wanting to see this one too. Mainly because I had a script over 10 years ago that was similar in premise.

Have you seen The Taking of Deborah Logan? Pretty decent found footage horror film. I enjoyed it, which is rare
for me to say with modern horror.

sorry man. i didn't like that one at all.

found footage can be very hit and miss though i find. the last one i watched, AS ABOVE, SO BELOW, i quite liked. seems most others didn't though, haha.

GRAVE ENCOUNTERS was very good. REC, THE SACREMENT and the VHS films were all excellent

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2015, 11:00:50 AM »
DAY 24
TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL (2010)

i can't believe its took me so long to watch this. great little film. plenty of gore and laughs. 3/5

katrina bowden was delicious

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2015, 06:24:29 PM »
DAY 24
TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL (2010)

i can't believe its took me so long to watch this. great little film. plenty of gore and laughs. 3/5

katrina bowden was delicious

Fucking love this movie!! So much funny in this one. And yes, she is crazy hot.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2015, 06:37:57 PM »
sorry man. i didn't like that one at all.

found footage can be very hit and miss though i find. the last one i watched, AS ABOVE, SO BELOW, i quite liked. seems most others didn't though, haha.

GRAVE ENCOUNTERS was very good. REC, THE SACREMENT and the VHS films were all excellent

Oh I completely agree that found footage are very hit and miss. "As Above, So Below" just didn't do anything for me.  :-\

Haven't seen "The Sacrement". But I really enjoyed "Grave Encounters", "REC", and "VHS".

Off the subject of "found footage", but have you seen "Ouija"? I caught it last weekend and just an awful movie. Awful to the point of it being insulting to the audience.
Scenes that make no sense with characters that seem to have short term amnesia. And that's not part of the plot. Just bad writing and directing.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2015, 04:02:54 PM »
DAY 25
COOTIES (2015)

28 DAYS LATER but with children.

a surprising amount of gore mixed in with some jokes. elijah wood with that chap from THE OFFICE, lead a group of elementary school teachrs in fight for survival against rage virus, infected school children.

its alright. could've done with been ten or fifteen minutes shorter tbh. getbigger will love the crossfit reference. 2.5/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2015, 04:09:42 PM »

Oh I completely agree that found footage are very hit and miss. "As Above, So Below" just didn't do anything for me.  :-\

Haven't seen "The Sacrement". But I really enjoyed "Grave Encounters", "REC", and "VHS".

Off the subject of "found footage", but have you seen "Ouija"? I caught it last weekend and just an awful movie. Awful to the point of it being insulting to the audience.
Scenes that make no sense with characters that seem to have short term amnesia. And that's not part of the plot. Just bad writing and directing.

no i haven't, and won't.. precisley because horror fans like yourself have absolutely trashed it. deservingly so, so it seems.

i generally don't care what professional film critics have to say about horror films. its when horror fans round on a film, you know it really is bad.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2015, 06:06:28 PM »
DAY 26
THE CORPSE VANISHES (1942)

bella lugossi stars in what is one of ten of his poverty row films. here he's a crazed professor, drugging and kidnapping brides on their wedding day so he can harvest their life essence to inject it into his equally crazy wife so as to keep her ever young.

as usual, bella gives it his all despite the inferior cast and script. and is always entertaining when he's on screen. we see him kill his man servant, kick his dwarf servant down in the street to avoid police capture. then has the audacity to give his old maid a backhander when she complains that he's now killed both her sons. campy fun 1.5/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2015, 06:53:28 PM »
DAY 27
SUGAR HILL (1974)

some blaxploitation, voodoo zombie fun tonight.

sugar looks to bring some undead justice by summoning ,baron samedi, along with his zombie army and undead wives after her man is beat to death by gansters after he refused to sell his nightclub to some local mob boss. 3/5

the dude playing baron samedi is the star of the show.

how sweet is that sugar!!

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2015, 08:21:04 PM »
DAY 28

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2015, 08:45:52 PM »
DAY 29
WAKE WOOD (2010)

after moving to a small village in ireland following the death of their young daughter. the grieving parents are given the opportunity to bring their dead daughter back to life for three days which of course doesn't end well. THE WICKER MAN meets PET SEMATARY. highlights are the ressurection ritual and a all to nrief glimpse of the milfs tits. 2.5/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »
DAY 30
FRIDAY THE 13TH: PART III (1982)

i've seen this film loads of times, but tonight was the first time watching it in actual 3d (Friday the 13th, Part 3, 3-D (Deluxe Edition)). it was kinda neat to see all those obvious, cheesey effects, most of which are pretty lame tbh. the best of the 3d was mostly shit that was in the store. the clothes line prop and the rabbit ears, television ariel being the best.

the picture quality is shitty though. ghosting and that dull, colourless washed out look you get from the old red-blue 3d films.

i've always really liked this film despite the lame 3d. not the best of the series, but certainly nowhere near the worst 3/5

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2015, 03:21:36 PM »
DAY 31
TALES OF HALLOWEEN (2015)

very, very disappointing 1/5

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2015, 01:23:11 PM »
DAY 31
TALES OF HALLOWEEN (2015)

very, very disappointing 1/5

Most horror movies are.
T

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »
Most horror movies are.

Alot of bad ones out there.  :-\

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »
I don't watch Horror films, but the first films of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Halloween all scared the shit out of my Pre-Pubescent self.

After those, nothing really came close.

I did think The Omen IV was a bit creepy, but only because the idea of someone implanting a daughter's egg into a mother and then inseminating it is just weird.