Author Topic: Boyhood  (Read 4158 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Boyhood
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:13:34 PM »
Saw that it got rave reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, critics loved it and it scored some nominations... so I decided to watch it last night. I applaud the unique concept of following a cast for 12 years to make the movie. Can't say enough how cool it was watching them grow and evolve.
The movie itself was just plain boring. I kept waiting for the plot to develop. It never did. For all the character development you had going on, I could care less about any of them in the end. At one point Mason was talking about how they pick your college roommates scientifically now with a 100% satisfaction rate. I was actually hoping as he walked into his college dorm room for the first time that the movie would end with his room mate blowing his head off as he walked in, putting us both out of our misery. But sadly, he just walked in and unpacked. Other than the uniqueness of the process, I found the movie itself totally boring and lacking.  

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Boyhood
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:51:29 PM »
Yup.

I described it as an OK story wrapped in a cool concept.  If that movie was shot the normal way, it wouldn't have gotten noticed.
Y