Author Topic: Muscle cramps  (Read 961 times)

Lebaneselion

• Getbig II
Muscle cramps
« on: March 13, 2012, 12:35:57 AM »
What causes muscle cramps? Ive been cramping up alot lately is there any solution to this

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Muscle cramps
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »
are you on Clen?

Lebaneselion

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 12:38:52 AM »
are you on Clen?

No

Just deca with abit of test

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 12:42:30 AM »
sorry no advice but water.  I know clen produces bad cramps in some.

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 12:51:14 AM »
sorry no advice but water.  I know clen produces bad cramps in some.

If I go to 80cmg on clen after about a couple of days I awake in the night with crazy calf cramps that are very painful!

I suggest you try a potassium supplement they often help me ! One or two tabs per day!

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 01:29:37 AM »
If I go to 80cmg on clen after about a couple of days I awake in the night with crazy calf cramps that are very painful!

I suggest you try a potassium supplement they often help me ! One or two tabs per day!

LOL...I was taking bottles of potassium and nothing helped.  I had to quit it.  I couldn't sleep because of the cramps.

Maybe get some muscle relaxers from a doc for bedtime.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 02:25:50 AM »
LOL...I was taking bottles of potassium and nothing helped.  I had to quit it.  I couldn't sleep because of the cramps.

Maybe get some muscle relaxers from a doc for bedtime.

Try drinking a red bull

ztinman

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 02:33:26 PM »
Taurine

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 02:53:27 PM »
I've had a problem with this for years, and gear or not the harder I train the worse it gets; however, it did always seem to be a bit more sensitive with gear, but that's due to the way gear enhances your metabolism which will make sense in a moment.

Like you, I assumed I needed more potassium, but this never helped; in-fact, it seemed to make it worse. The cramps ended up getting so bad that I had to go to the doctor...I would get them in my back, arms and abs at the same time...all three areas along with my legs cramped up all at once on one occasion...the pain was so intense I threw up.

Anyway, after a trip to the doctor, it ended up I had a sodium deficiency, and by taking potassium I was throwing my electrolytes out of balance even more. Due to the way my body metabolizes sodium I need more than the average man, and if I'm using gear, as this enhances metabolic activity I'd need even more.

From there I started taking sodium capsules...it took awhile for this to remedy the problem but it did help some from the get go and after about a month the problem was gone. Also, even with the sodium caps, if I consume too much caffeine, as caffeine is a diuretic this can bring the cramps back but not as strong. So something like red bull as one person mentioned is probably not a good idea.

My advice, sodium caps...better advice, find a sodium cap that will help balance your electrolyte levels, limit caffeine intake and drink a lot of water. Even today, even though I don't cycle anymore I still have to do this and it makes a big difference.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 03:30:19 PM »
One of the best things to do for general health along these lines. Drink 2 liters of water first thing in the morning before you consume anything else.

Do this for 6 weeks and i bet your body will react in a positive way.

Most of us are already dehydrated to a degree and certain things can make it much worse.

8)