Author Topic: stirring the pot......  (Read 18502 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: stirring the pot......
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2006, 03:39:38 PM »
You tend to get to emotional when posting , seriously , and " incontrovertible evidence " is nothing more than your opinion , which at the end of the day is worth about just as much as mine , maybe Ronnie would make Dorian look like an amatuer , and maybe Dorian would put Ronnie in his place again , who knows? at the end of the day its just spectulation on an internet message board , don't get to envloved lol

don't get to envloved lol....you need to correct the errors in this part of the sentence ;D

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2006, 03:42:49 PM »
ND, I am not emotional, I am just adamant.  I admit I get frustrated when the truth is so easily seen.  You act like if Dorian didn't retire, he would have gone on and dominated.  I and many others feel differently.  The evidence is in the pics, Ronnie is better.  You may claim that a 1993 Dorian is close, but comparing a 1997 one armed Dorian with massive asymmetry to a spot on Ronnie is ludicrous.  So what if Ronnie won by only three points in 1998.  You don't think Flex got some votes simply because he was the heir apparent.  You don't think that a guy who got completely overlooked in 1997 and slowly works his way into the mind's eye did not get votes b/c he wasn't Flex or Levrone or Cormier.  Be serious, anybody who saw the show in person or even photos clearly sees that Ronnie blew him away.  Mike Matarazzo, a pretty respected bodybuilder some would say, stated that Ronnie ushered in a new era.  He predicted in Muscular Development or maybe Ironman that Ronnie would never get beat again.  Except for a travesty in 1993 when Gunther was briefly Weider's new boy, Mike was correct.  Never has this level of muscularity been seen on the bodybuilding stage.  I prefer Haney and admit as much.  However, I am not completely delusional and realize that Ronnie is likely surpassed him.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2006, 04:32:30 PM »
ND, I am not emotional, I am just adamant.  I admit I get frustrated when the truth is so easily seen.  You act like if Dorian didn't retire, he would have gone on and dominated.  I and many others feel differently.  The evidence is in the pics, Ronnie is better.  You may claim that a 1993 Dorian is close, but comparing a 1997 one armed Dorian with massive asymmetry to a spot on Ronnie is ludicrous.  So what if Ronnie won by only three points in 1998.  You don't think Flex got some votes simply because he was the heir apparent.  You don't think that a guy who got completely overlooked in 1997 and slowly works his way into the mind's eye did not get votes b/c he wasn't Flex or Levrone or Cormier.  Be serious, anybody who saw the show in person or even photos clearly sees that Ronnie blew him away.  Mike Matarazzo, a pretty respected bodybuilder some would say, stated that Ronnie ushered in a new era.  He predicted in Muscular Development or maybe Ironman that Ronnie would never get beat again.  Except for a travesty in 1993 when Gunther was briefly Weider's new boy, Mike was correct.  Never has this level of muscularity been seen on the bodybuilding stage.  I prefer Haney and admit as much.  However, I am not completely delusional and realize that Ronnie is likely surpassed him.

You get frustrated when your thruth isn't easily seen  ;) and I was reffering if an injury free Yates was still competing Ronnie would have never won , and I stand by that statement , I said I don't think Yates should have won in 97 , he looked bad

And if Flex came in dead-on Ronnie would have never won in 98 , Flex beat himself in that contest and Ronnie was good enough to take advantage of that and , Shawn Ray said Ronnie won that contest because he was the most improved bodybuilder from one year to the next and didn't win by virtue of the best physique !! Ernie Taylor said if Yates competed in 98 he would have beat Coleman , so you say Mike says this and I can counter with so-and-so says that , so again your truth is no more valid than mine , simply because its an opinion .

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2006, 11:06:35 PM »
You get frustrated when your thruth isn't easily seen  ;) and I was reffering if an injury free Yates was still competing Ronnie would have never won , and I stand by that statement , I said I don't think Yates should have won in 97 , he looked bad

And if Flex came in dead-on Ronnie would have never won in 98 , Flex beat himself in that contest and Ronnie was good enough to take advantage of that and , Shawn Ray said Ronnie won that contest because he was the most improved bodybuilder from one year to the next and didn't win by virtue of the best physique !! Ernie Taylor said if Yates competed in 98 he would have beat Coleman , so you say Mike says this and I can counter with so-and-so says that , so again your truth is no more valid than mine , simply because its an opinion .

Flex didn't beat himself. He just refused to work for what he supposedly wanted.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2006, 11:07:41 PM »
Flex didn't beat himself. He just refused to work for what he supposedly wanted.
stop reading old articles of flex and muscle mag bro..

REALLY...
carpe` vaginum!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2006, 11:08:49 PM »
stop reading old articles of flex and muscle mag bro..

REALLY...

I haven't read either of those in awhile. Why?

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2006, 05:08:07 AM »
Isn't Ernie Taylor Dorian's ex workout partner  ::).  Yeah, he would admit his best buddy would get beat by an American.  Next.