Author Topic: If Religion is BS. Then why do the most powerful believe in it?  (Read 21661 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: If Religion is BS. Then why do the most powerful believe in it?
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2012, 02:27:49 AM »
maybe they pretend to get sympathy points from the masses

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2012, 02:34:28 AM »
I think religion is BS, but it seems that over time, the greatest leaders, the kings, queens and the elite rich of today are all die hard religious nuts.  Did religion have a role in their power and success?  it seems that almost every super rich non jew person is a big church goer.  The same over history. what gives?

Because their followers believe.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2012, 03:24:01 AM »
E Kul what about people who either try to or do experience God/Ground of Being through meditation are they lacking in intelligence?
It's called the power of Imagination, you can imagine all kinds of states by just using your imagination, just look at the way we lie to the kiddies about Santa Claus, because the kiddies are so trusting, they generate all types of wonderful states based on this lie, I have even met kids who are convinced that SANTA is real and that they have seen and talked to him (and will tell you wonderful tales about these encounters).  People want GOD to be real so badly, they will generate a state that to them feels like a divine experience.  If I said to you that during meditation I had an experience of a parallel universe where penguins were the dominant species, you would say I was crazy, but because people suggest they have experienced GOD, something that can never be validated, they somehow think that is a completely rational story.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2012, 03:25:31 AM »
I think religion is BS, but it seems that over time, the greatest leaders, the kings, queens and the elite rich of today are all die hard religious nuts.  Did religion have a role in their power and success?  it seems that almost every super rich non jew person is a big church goer.  The same over history. what gives?
Hitler was a Christian
V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2012, 03:25:58 AM »
Moses was not black.
I don't know.... he spent 40 years in the dessert.. ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2012, 03:27:02 AM »
Hitler was a Christian
He may have labled himself as one but he was definitely not a Christian

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2012, 03:28:46 AM »

Does it matter?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2012, 03:31:28 AM »
Does it matter?
From a theologians point of view, yes. From yours, probably not

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2012, 03:31:40 AM »
The richest men in the World do not believe in such nonsense, nor do Scientists.  They are the most powerful people in the world.

Some studies have found correlations between wealth and lack of religious beliefs. The GDP of countries generally correlates negatively with their religiosity, i.e. the less religious a population is the wealthier it is

V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2012, 03:42:49 AM »
Hitler was a Christian

"Hitler did well in monastery school.  He sang in the choir, found High Mass and other ceremonies intoxicating, and idolized priests.  Impressed by their power, he at one time considered entering the priesthood."

Quotes from HITLER

"Who says I am not under the special protection of God?

"I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator."  Hitler, Mein Kampf, p. 46

"What we have to fight for . . . is the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator."   Hitler, _Mein Kampf_, pp. 125

"The national (Nazi) government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests.  It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality.  Today Christians stand at the head of our country.  . . . I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity . . .We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.  We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press-in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during recent years."
- Hitler ( a Radio Broadcast July 22, 1933; from My New Order. )  (The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1.  pp. 871-872, Oxford University Press,London, 1942)

"This human world of ours would be inconceivable without the practical existence of a religious belief."
  Hitler, Mein Kampf, pp.152]

"I had an excellent opportunity to intoxicate myself with the solemn splendor of the brilliant church festivals. As was only natural, the abbot seemed to me, as the village priest had once seemed to my father, the highest and most desirable ideal."
  Hitler, "Mein Kampf", Vol. 1, Chapter 1

"Even today I am not ashamed to say that, overpowered by stormy enthusiasm, I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time."
  Hitler, "Mein Kampf", Vol. 1, Chapter 5

"I say: my feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Saviour as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to the fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as sufferer but as fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and of adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before—the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. And as a man I have the duty to see to it that human society does not suffer the same catastrophic collapse as did the civilization of the ancient world some two thousand years ago—a civilization which was driven to its ruin through this same Jewish people."
  Hitler, Munich speech of April 12, 1922

"in reference to the Jews - "The task which Christ began but did not finish, I will complete. " - Hitler 1926

V

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2012, 04:14:19 AM »

religion is a tool of manipulation and mass control

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2012, 06:36:42 AM »
a lot of them probably say the same about you

They did in my past for sure....you can review my old post history to see I wasn't living for anyone other than myself.   The transforming power of the Holy Spirit in my present has been awesome....it's changed my life.  I look upon my past mistakes with regret, but I am so thankful for the present and future.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2012, 06:48:56 AM »
"Hitler did well in monastery school.  He sang in the choir, found High Mass and other ceremonies intoxicating, and idolized priests.  Impressed by their power, he at one time considered entering the priesthood."

Quotes from HITLER

"Who says I am not under the special protection of God?

"I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator."  Hitler, Mein Kampf, p. 46

"What we have to fight for . . . is the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator."   Hitler, _Mein Kampf_, pp. 125

"The national (Nazi) government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests.  It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality.  Today Christians stand at the head of our country.  . . . I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity . . .We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.  We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press-in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during recent years."
- Hitler ( a Radio Broadcast July 22, 1933; from My New Order. )  (The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1.  pp. 871-872, Oxford University Press,London, 1942)

"This human world of ours would be inconceivable without the practical existence of a religious belief."
  Hitler, Mein Kampf, pp.152]

"I had an excellent opportunity to intoxicate myself with the solemn splendor of the brilliant church festivals. As was only natural, the abbot seemed to me, as the village priest had once seemed to my father, the highest and most desirable ideal."
  Hitler, "Mein Kampf", Vol. 1, Chapter 1

"Even today I am not ashamed to say that, overpowered by stormy enthusiasm, I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time."
  Hitler, "Mein Kampf", Vol. 1, Chapter 5

"I say: my feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Saviour as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to the fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as sufferer but as fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and of adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before—the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. And as a man I have the duty to see to it that human society does not suffer the same catastrophic collapse as did the civilization of the ancient world some two thousand years ago—a civilization which was driven to its ruin through this same Jewish people."
  Hitler, Munich speech of April 12, 1922

"in reference to the Jews - "The task which Christ began but did not finish, I will complete. " - Hitler 1926

2 Corinthians 11:12-14

12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2012, 06:56:15 AM »
Some studies have found correlations between wealth and lack of religious beliefs. The GDP of countries generally correlates negatively with their religiosity, i.e. the less religious a population is the wealthier it is

Matthew 19:24

24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2012, 07:05:13 AM »
people will use anything at their disposal to gain more power..Religion is very very powerful tool

I

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »
people will use anything at their disposal to gain more power..Religion is very very powerful tool

deceit and manipulation used through this religion thing, classic tools of psychopathy.

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2012, 10:26:28 AM »
Powerful people use religion as a tool. Always have. Politicians gain power through religion and couldn't keep it if they suddenly revealed that they were atheists. In America you can't get elected as an Atheist.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »
The smart people never seem to believe in GOD, Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Edison, Freud and Alfred Nobel, their are always exceptions, but the smarter you are, the less likely you are to believe in GOD!

I think it would be hard to be so scientific in your thoughts and also believe in GOD.  It would be like believing the world is round but also flat at the same time.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »
more important is.. are we alone in our universe.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2013, 08:46:58 AM »
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2013, 09:01:55 AM »
Hitler was a Christian

Do you think Hitler was a Christian?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2013, 09:13:59 AM »

It amazes me how many times I speak of the Holy Spirit and how awesome and transforming and tangible and real the presence of God is in the lives of believers (not nonbelievers....believer s); yet, no steps whatsoever are taken to claim that evidence and claim that relationship with Christ by staunch unbelievers.  Just more handwaving and memes and zero accountability for sin or proactivity to experience and become the evidence so casually dismissed.  Christ is right there waiting for you to come into his presence; yes, there is a bit effort required on the part of everyone.  All we have to do is honestly seek him and desire to know him and recognize his sacrifice for you on Calvary's cross and then you too can experience the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit in your own life. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »
It amazes me how many times I speak of the Holy Spirit and how awesome and transforming and tangible and real the presence of God is in the lives of believers (not nonbelievers....believer s); yet, no steps whatsoever are taken to claim that evidence and claim that relationship with Christ by staunch unbelievers.  Just more handwaving and memes and zero accountability for sin or proactivity to experience and become the evidence so casually dismissed.  Christ is right there waiting for you to come into his presence; yes, there is a bit effort required on the part of everyone.  All we have to do is honestly seek him and desire to know him and recognize his sacrifice for you on Calvary's cross and then you too can experience the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit in your own life. 
No Thanks!
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »
No Thanks!
I genuinely hope that at some point you get the opportunity to experience Christ in a truly, personal way.  I don't have anything else to proactively share with you at this point, but I'll always be willing to speak further if you desire.

God Bless!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2013, 03:03:49 AM »
I genuinely hope that at some point you get the opportunity to experience Christ in a truly, personal way.  I don't have anything else to proactively share with you at this point, but I'll always be willing to speak further if you desire.

God Bless!
Even if Christ showed up, I would tell him to go FUCK HIMSELF, being the SON of the most famous sociopathic SADIST the world has ever known isn't the type of person I want to be associated with.  So far, I've done just fine without him.  Face it dude, your just another  indoctrinated idiot who would crumble to bits to let go off your fairy tales, only truly strong individuals can survive without the assistance of a GOD.  My hope for you is that one day you realise, that whoever created you gave you all the essential tools you need to live a satisfactory life without ever having to rely or depend on anything external to you.  You can survive without clinging to GOD, such illusions may COMFORT you like a pacifier does a child, but it is possible to EVOLVE beyond pacification and become a mature Strong Independent Adult, unfortunately, this can never happen the whole time you rely on your pacifier.
V