Author Topic: Arnold showing how it's done!!  (Read 8519 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Arnold showing how it's done!!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 05:56:47 PM »

ARnold rise to fame is no different thatn any bimbo that uses fake boobs and sex to get ahead...he did the same things,,took steroids, got attention and used that to get in the door,,,no different than the women who sell their bodies or get fake implants....he found his edge...I just dont think it is so amazing and honorable.

That's an oversimplification many beautiful women with big boobs think they're going to make it 99% fail for what ever reasons

Arnold said he would be a movie star and he backed it up , he would do whatever it takes to accomplish his goals both good & bad , he came from NO WHERE , Big Austrian with a heavy German accent came from a village in the middle of no where Austria to become one of the highest grossing movie stars in history , then Governor , etc that's damn amazing

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »
Arnold has an alpha male personality. I wouldn't expect some queer like nycbull to understand that.

Arnold is the type of guy that gets others to gravitate around him. CEO's, big time politicians, successful entrepreneurs all have this ability.

ARnold rise to fame is no different thatn any bimbo that uses fake boobs and sex to get ahead...he did the same things,,took steroids, got attention and used that to get in the door,,,no different than the women who sell their bodies or get fake implants....he found his edge...I just dont think it is so amazing and honorable.

You are an imbecile and come off as very insecure. Arnold didn't use cosmetics to build a successful brick company in California, nor did he use dinabol to become a good investor.

AVBG

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 06:09:08 PM »
nycbull, you man have some serious Arnold issues.  :(

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »
Arnold has an alpha male personality. I wouldn't expect some queer like nycbull to understand that.

Arnold is the type of guy that gets others to gravitate around him. CEO's, big time politicians, successful entrepreneurs all have this ability.

You are an imbecile and come off as very insecure. Arnold didn't use cosmetics to build a successful brick company in California, nor did he use dinabol to become a good investor.

haha, whats this brick company bullshit, he had no income records, thats all fabricated bullshit so he could run for Govenor...hahah, yea like he knows how to lay brick, maybe pose for gay guys but brick,,he is not Italian..  Yea Arnold is a type A and an alpha male and all that, yea he would not be starving but face it, he fooled the country...HE MADE THEM BELIEVE HIS BODY WAS FROM HARD WORK AND THAT THEY COULD DO IT TOO....AMERICANS believed it, he lied. plain and simple....THAT WAS his edge, that was is out and his in,  he is no hero.

This is a DAVID MAMET play theme...Mamet believes that nobody can really achieve the AMerican Dream without  doing something corrupupt.without pulling a con.....Arnolds con was he didnt tell the truth about how he sculpted his body...the public loved him...so was it wrong to do...Is it OK to achieve the American Dream, capitalism prosperity by a little con here and there...no real harm done right?   Sales people do it all the time...they do it all the time on Madison Avenue, sellling you lies....So you guys think its OK i guess...How are you guys going to get the  AMerican Dream? 

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 06:56:59 PM »
&feature=related

I don't remember this beeing on my version of pumping iron, they must have cut it out.

start watching at 7.50 ;D

Hey, why dont you guys wear those short shorts...they look great....The rumours of MIke Katz being gay dont look so far off in that scene..could his shorts be any smaller?..

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 06:58:55 PM »
yea right, like he would have been a movie star and a governor without the dbal...you guys are shittin me...yea he was ambitious and he is probably smart but that doesnt make a movie star and a governor...he got in with the right people because of his muscles, his looks, thats it...he wouldnt have any of those connections without the muscles....he got the movie parts because of his muscles, take away the pink pills and his life would have been a shell of what it is.  He could not have what he has without those pink pills....

It amazes me to see people worship this guy, he is from a generation that had freedom that we will never see, his generation lived with little regulations or laws (including laws against pink pills), ate up everything, stole everythiong, developed the land to destruction, and then locked it all by making laws and regulations...and people worship these guys.

so by your theory:

anyone + dbol = mr olympia 7 times, movie star, governor.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 07:04:41 PM »
haha, whats this brick company bullshit, he had no income records, thats all fabricated bullshit so he could run for Govenor...hahah, yea like he knows how to lay brick, maybe pose for gay guys but brick,,he is not Italian.. 

Because I'm white doesn't mean I can't drive my car fast...that's for Italians too, right? ::)
He was also friends with Franco- an Italian- maybe in trade for BBing advice, Franco gave Arnold bricklaying "advices."

...HE MADE THEM BELIEVE HIS BODY WAS FROM HARD WORK AND THAT THEY COULD DO IT TOO....AMERICANS believed it, he lied. plain and simple....THAT WAS his edge, that was is out and his in,  he is no hero.

What's the issue? Do you not see that, even after taking steroids, he was extremely successful in real estate tycoon, and governor. What in the world do steroids have to do with either of those? You're trying to make something relevant, that's not. Like selling a chainsaw to an 80yr old woman to iron her shirts. Steroids did not keep him there, maybe helped him get there....but I'm sure you're an angel that's earned everything, never even sped on the highway...your past is crystal clear, ain't it?

You have issues.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 07:13:43 PM »

so by your theory:

anyone + dbol = mr olympia 7 times, movie star, governor.

no because Arnold had time on his side...the public knew nothing about steroids at the time and easy to get.  He also got lucky, met the right people who used him to sell to the public..I dont think his talent got him any acting parts....He has personality and charm I give you that, but even that isnt so earth shattering...I mean is it really charming to here him on Jay Leno talk about his acting talent..."gee, I got soo into de karicter of Mr. Freeze..I waz still in da kadicter when i got hoome.."  oh brother...Rober DeNiro doesnt talk about acting as much as Arnold did.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »
&feature=related

I don't remember this beeing on my version of pumping iron, they must have cut it out.

start watching at 7.50 ;D

That scene has ALWAYS been in Pumping Iron. Damn, you got ripped off.  :D

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 07:19:06 PM »
Arnold bought the right to Pumping Iron

Back in 1991 from George Butler and locked the 90+ hours of footage never to be seen again.  :'(

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 07:20:45 PM »
The guys the best ever, period. 

Well said.  ;D

And what the hell is QFT?  ???

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2009, 07:24:41 PM »
Because I'm white doesn't mean I can't drive my car fast...that's for Italians too, right? ::)
He was also friends with Franco- an Italian- maybe in trade for BBing advice, Franco gave Arnold bricklaying "advices."

What's the issue? Do you not see that, even after taking steroids, he was extremely successful in real estate tycoon, and governor. What in the world do steroids have to do with either of those? You're trying to make something relevant, that's not. Like selling a chainsaw to an 80yr old woman to iron her shirts. Steroids did not keep him there, maybe helped him get there....but I'm sure you're an angel that's earned everything, never even sped on the highway...your past is crystal clear, ain't it?

You have issues.

ah ha...so you admit that he got in the door with those tiny pink pills and it is OK to do something not so on the up and up as long as it gets you where your going....lets just be clear about this now...So what have you done or plan to do that will give you the edge, get you the American dream? let us decide if it is ok or if it is a crime?  

you are right more people do it than you think, there are very few people that achieve the American dream without doing something corrupt, all lawyers are corrupt, all CEO's are corrupt, all salespeople are corrupt and even doctors are corrupt as they are lined with the insurance companies....nobody can really get ahead without doing something corrupt, pulling a con...have I?, well thats none of your business, will I?, I dont know...never said I was a saint,,, but I also dont expect people to worship me on message boards as some kind of hero.

and moreso...my  premise is that Arnold would not be anywhere he is today without those pink little pills...and remember the pills give you more than muscle, they give  you aggression, energy, a high, even personality...so that played in his added ability to socialize and sexualize with the right people and get the ball moving even faster...true story.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2009, 07:29:12 PM »
Well said.  ;D

And what the hell is QFT?  ???

QFT = Quoted for truth

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2009, 07:38:27 PM »
QFT = Quoted for truth

Gotcha. Thanks, ND.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »
blah blah blah I can't answer anything posed upon me in a logical manner. I'm a big baby.

Fixed.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 10:18:06 PM »
Arnold is a type A personality , he would've been successful in any field , he was already doing well before he was a movie star

Bullshit, it's all speculation. Plenty of type As don't have his career. In reality, without BB and hormones the rest doesn't happen. He had a lot of opportunity that most don't get.

body88

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 10:31:24 PM »
Bullshit, it's all speculation. Plenty of type As don't have his career. In reality, without BB and hormones the rest doesn't happen. He had a lot of opportunity that most don't get.

All the bottom feeders in the business world say the same things over and over:

"So and so is only successful because they got x....and if I got x I would be that successful to"  ::)

Nope, they are just underachieving excuse makers.  Winners win, losers make excuses.  Arnold is a winner, period.  Everyone gets opportunities, it's the people who maximize those opportunities that do well.  It could be as simple as working hard in school and getting the opportunity to go to college for free on an academic scholarship.  Taking that opportunity and maximizing an internship offer.  Taking that opportunity and turning it in to a full time job...and then doing big thing in your field.  It's all about vision, networking and drive.  Arnold has that.  Lots of people take steriods and compete, but lots of people don't do what Arnold did.  Why is Ronnie Coleman not starting a film career right now? 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 10:38:11 PM »
who cares about this old fart...he made an entire career because he took little pink pills from Tailand and nobody knew, without them where the fuck would he be....serious question?

??? ::)

luckily he did what he did or he would be like you on an internet board ragging on someone who is one million times more successful, famous and is admired by millions.  Can we say JEALOUSLY?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 11:01:35 PM »
yea right, like he would have been a movie star and a governor without the dbal...you guys are shittin me...yea he was ambitious and he is probably smart but that doesnt make a movie star and a governor...he got in with the right people because of his muscles, his looks, thats it...he wouldnt have any of those connections without the muscles....he got the movie parts because of his muscles, take away the pink pills and his life would have been a shell of what it is.  He could not have what he has without those pink pills....

It amazes me to see people worship this guy, he is from a generation that had freedom that we will never see, his generation lived with little regulations or laws (including laws against pink pills), ate up everything, stole everythiong, developed the land to destruction, and then locked it all by making laws and regulations...and people worship these guys.

so go take some dbol and rule the world!  what's stopping you??

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2009, 02:49:19 AM »
He is a pretty shitty Governor though.
HE IS TYPE A,,,REMEMBER THAT  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2009, 05:31:55 AM »

99.9% of people don't have his career type A or not , did drugs help him? absolutely ...did drugs make him? absolutely not. plenty of other bodybuilders thought they were going to follow the path he paved , where are they all? how many muscular bodybuilders thought they were going to make it big Hollywood? how many succeeded ? Arnold did get a lot of opportunities and he made the most of them the physique and looks will only get one so far , what they do after that is up to them

Why isn't Gunter Schlierkamp as successful as Arnold? almost the same story , he's been given may opportunities and yet why isn't he a carbon copy of Arnold? or Ferrigno ? at the end of the day you need more than a nice smile and big muscles despite all your attempts to reduce Arnold he's more than what you make him out to be.

Arnold made his own opportunities

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2009, 05:37:56 AM »
All the bottom feeders in the business world say the same things over and over:

"So and so is only successful because they got x....and if I got x I would be that successful to"  ::)

Nope, they are just underachieving excuse makers.  Winners win, losers make excuses.  Arnold is a winner, period.  Everyone gets opportunities, it's the people who maximize those opportunities that do well.  It could be as simple as working hard in school and getting the opportunity to go to college for free on an academic scholarship.  Taking that opportunity and maximizing an internship offer.  Taking that opportunity and turning it in to a full time job...and then doing big thing in your field.  It's all about vision, networking and drive.  Arnold has that.  Lots of people take steriods and compete, but lots of people don't do what Arnold did.  Why is Ronnie Coleman not starting a film career right now? 

Great post

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2009, 08:51:16 AM »
That scene has ALWAYS been in Pumping Iron. Damn, you got ripped off.  :D

I must have remembered wrong then...will look for it
tank u jesus

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 09:32:46 AM »
remember when Roland Kickenger broke onto the scene?  they called him the second coming of Arnold. he got a bigger push, acting classes, publicity. he even played Arnold in a Bio. where is he now? he took steroids and the powers liked him and gave him a big push. he should at least be Governor of Iowa?? he should have had a couple best selling books. he should have at least married into the Bush or Clinton family. he should own a few million in real estate.  he should have  a few of his own charities and fitness conventions. 

Roland musta got FAKE DBOL!!!!!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 09:42:26 AM »

That's funny because everything I've read concerning Arnold and his movie career stated that his muscles quite certainly HURT his career.  It made it impossible for him to be taken seriously.  Nobody wanted to cast him.  Then of course he helped re-invent the action wheel........and I'm SURE all any of us would need is a few pink pills and we would have reached the level of success that he has as well.  Moron.