Author Topic: Apple just announced two new ipads  (Read 6432 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Apple just announced two new ipads
« on: October 23, 2012, 11:14:50 AM »

A 4th generation ipad (really already?)

and the new ipad mini

Can't wait until Google shits on them in a week when they introduce the new Nexus devices!

Oh and lets not forget Microsoft windows 8 and Surface events in 3 days :-D

Discuss

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Apple just announced two new ipads
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:22:31 AM »
Apple , selling you the same product over and over and over again  ::)

yay a small Ipad   ::)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
MS Surface looks awesome but for the same price I can get an actual laptop

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 11:32:28 AM »
Surface is supposed to be kind of expensive... starting price about a grand.

It's not an ipad mini anyway... it's an ipod XXXL

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 11:39:03 AM »
Fuck Apple. Start innovating!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 12:02:27 PM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 12:06:38 PM »

Nice, now I won't have to try balancing it on my left thigh as I try to crack one off.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 12:12:28 PM »
Surface is supposed to be kind of expensive... starting price about a grand.

Incorrect...

There will be two types of Surface tablets:

One running Windows RT (on an ARM processor / mobile processor like the ipad) starting at $400

and

One running Windows 8 (on intel core processor / PC processor like laptops) not announced yet  but probably at $800 - $1000

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »
Incorrect...

One running Windows RT (on an ARM processor / mobile processor like the ipad) starting at $400

and

One running Windows 8 (on intel core processor / PC processor like laptops) not announced yet  but probably at $800 - $1000

I would think if you don't get the windows 8 one it's kind of pointless. The whole idea is the apps and the only way to get the apps is to get the Windows 8.

the trainer

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 12:16:55 PM »
Here you go getbiggers the best way to enjoy your ipad. http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2012/01/fkable-ipad-inches-humanity-closer-to-extinction

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 12:22:38 PM »
I watched it.  Could that fucker have said the word "incredible" any more?  Buy a thesaurus.  Made me laugh when he said our engineers worked around the clock to bring this to you. 

Translation: Our chinese slaves didn't sleep eat of drink for week so the white devil can surf facebook while lying in bed.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »
Incorrect...

and

One running Windows 8 (on intel core processor / PC processor like laptops) not announced yet  but probably at $800 - $1000

It's $499 plus $100 more for the smart cover with keypad. I assume there is a reason they are selling you the keypad.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 12:27:39 PM »
Translation: Our chinese slaves didn't sleep eat of drink for week so the white devil can surf facebook while lying in bed.

Haha yes

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »
A 4th generation ipad (really already?)

and the new ipad mini

Can't wait until Google shits on them in a week when they introduce the new Nexus devices!

Oh and lets not forget Microsoft windows 8 and Surface events in 3 days :-D

Discuss

Why are you reacting to the launch of a product that you are ostensibly not interested in?  Do you do this often?  Do you find this a productive use of your time?  Let me pick another product at random, say, the Nissan Leaf (the car that does not run on gasoline).  Did you react to that product launch by starting a thread about it and trumpeting yet to be released competing products?  I do not understand why people like you, who are not interested in buying a given Apple product, are paying such close attention to the company and its offerings.  Strange.  ::)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 12:39:32 PM »
Why are you reacting to the launch of a product that you are ostensibly not interested in?  Do you do this often?  Do you find this a productive use of your time?  Let me pick another product at random, say, the Nissan Leaf (the car that does not run on gasoline).  Did you react to that product launch by starting a thread about it and trumpeting yet to be released competing products?  I do not understand why people like you, who are not interested in buying a given Apple product, are paying such close attention to the company and its offerings.  Strange.  ::)

I pay attention to all technology announcements and am interested in them... and as much as I like to bash them, i do appreciate what Apple does with their products, they are not BAD products - far from it....  (but I still think Android is superior).  Plus my wife is interested in Apple products so I have to convey all this info to her ;D

So please drop your holier than thou attitude Bay!  I like watching men in thongs too but I don't have any interest in smoking the Cock! LOL

I would think if you don't get the windows 8 one it's kind of pointless. The whole idea is the apps and the only way to get the apps is to get the Windows 8.

Windows RT is a version of Windows 8... here is the difference:

Windows 8 runs both the mobile version of windows 8 (Interface Codename: Metro, with apps) and the desktop version (legacy programs that can be used on regular pc's)

Windows RT runs ONLY the mobile version of windows 8 (Interface Codename: Metro, with apps)

It's $499 plus $100 more for the smart cover with keypad. I assume there is a reason they are selling you the keypad.

You are right, my mistake $500, not $400 without the cover!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
Going to buy the Ipad 4, Apple are way ahead in the tablet game, not so much in the phone side.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 02:45:47 PM »
I pay attention to all technology announcements and am interested in them... and as much as I like to bash them, i do appreciate what Apple does with their products, they are not BAD products - far from it....  (but I still think Android is superior).  Plus my wife is interested in Apple products so I have to convey all this info to her ;D

So please drop your holier than thou attitude Bay!  I like watching men in thongs too but I don't have any interest in smoking the Cock! LOL

I was wondering when the resident Apple fan boy would appear.  ;D

I have an Ipad and Apple will never see another dollar from me , nice product shitty company and fuck Itunes , fuck IO6 , fuck Apple maps. My apps wont update automatically , my apps wont update manually ' cannot connect to Itunes ' apps crash constantly even though I'm up to date on my software . I've never had an app crash on me on android

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 8GB , 7" for $199.00 with a 16GB micro SD card for free , the Ipad mini is projected at $329.00? no thanks

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »
I pay attention to all technology announcements and am interested in them... and as much as I like to bash them, i do appreciate what Apple does with their products, they are not BAD products - far from it....  (but I still think Android is superior).  Plus my wife is interested in Apple products so I have to convey all this info to her ;D

Windows RT is a version of Windows 8... here is the difference:

Windows 8 runs both the mobile version of windows 8 (Interface Codename: Metro, with apps) and the desktop version (legacy programs that can be used on regular pc's)

Windows RT runs ONLY the mobile version of windows 8 (Interface Codename: Metro, with apps)

You are right, my mistake $500, not $400 without the cover!

Yeah... I would have to get the full Windows 8 model... Otherwise it won't do me any good.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »
Why are you reacting to the launch of a product that you are ostensibly not interested in?  Do you do this often?  Do you find this a productive use of your time?  Let me pick another product at random, say, the Nissan Leaf (the car that does not run on gasoline).  Did you react to that product launch by starting a thread about it and trumpeting yet to be released competing products?  I do not understand why people like you, who are not interested in buying a given Apple product, are paying such close attention to the company and its offerings.  Strange.  ::)

please tell me where to download loadstar?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 05:05:35 PM »

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 05:33:10 PM »
Big Ach, I'm not as well versed on computers as you appear to be but I have owned a Window unit in the past and when it broke down, I discovered that it was difficult to get repaired ... or simply too damn expensive to have it fixed.

Or else I had to pack it up and send it off someplace.

In fact it's till sitting in the garage along with a couple of others!

I bet there's at least one in your garge too! But it sure ain't gonna be an Apple!

Then one day a few years back (six years I think) someone convinced me to get an Apple Pro and I've  been thankful ever since.

I am an Apple fan and have purchase a good number of Apple products and in those rare cases when I have a breakdown or a failure to function  problem I simply take it down to the nearest Apple Store two miles down the road and the problem has always been taken care of within minutes.

And so far those 'fixes' have never cost me a cent even when my power cord was chewed by my dog who tried to blame the cat. (Not plugged in at the time.)

And that free sevice also included replacement of the worn out type keys and other forgotten stuff.

So my Apple and I have been to the Apple store on three different occasions these past 6/7 years and each of those 'fixens' was less than 10 minutes each and never did cost me a dine.

Plus I can attend those one hour classes that are held each and every day to learn what I need to know to become proficient while using various compuiter programs . ANd that don't cost me ten cents neither.

But on some rare occasions I do join a program that Apple offers that allows you to attent weekly clases when the need arises. That's called ONE on ONE but that is $100 per year ... but never really necessary because some Apple crew-member is always there to answer any question you can ask and spend the time to teach you how to get it done.

And that don't cost a cent neither.

The service Apple provides is amazing and I have never left an Apple store without a thanks to all and a smile upon my face.

Noe any question ever un-answered/\.

My question to yiou BIG ARH  .... Does any other computer brand offer this kind of service?

Thanks, STUNT

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 05:42:06 PM »
Apple , selling you the same product over and over and over again  ::)

yay a small Ipad   ::)
and people keep on buying

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »
owned by bay

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 8GB , 7" for $199.00 with a 16GB micro SD card for free , the Ipad mini is projected at $329.00? no thanks

No dog in this fight but I bet Dorian looks better on the apple display. Those black and whites with the socks on and his underwear half in his crack, that is prime retina display territory.
O