Author Topic: Can we get an Ask Gene thread?  (Read 290810 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Can we get an Ask Gene thread?
« Reply #1925 on: September 10, 2010, 07:13:17 PM »
thx stella

i had the mri tonight
it was horrible
i had to lie on my stomach w/ my head turned sideways on this hard plastic thing...my arms had to be stretched out in front of me...it was a 20 min mri and my arms and shoulders were falling asleep and in pain from staying so still...i didnt know it was over and i was just lying in there and i began yelling loudly to the lady in the control room but she did not hear me
Gene will this surgery be outpatient or will you have to stay overnight? How will you get back home Don, Calvin or SF1900 maybe one of these guys can help?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #1926 on: September 10, 2010, 07:17:06 PM »
Hang in there! You will be back in no time better than ever.
thank u

Gene will this surgery be outpatient or will you have to stay overnight? How will you get back home Don, Calvin or SF1900 maybe one of these guys can help?
it will be just day surgery-only about an hour i think
i luckily have a ride
but if that falls though i hope calvin can help-i dont have his cell phone number and i dont think he has mine but i might be wrong
i would rather drive home dazy from the iv drugs than take a ride from don
w

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #1927 on: September 10, 2010, 07:20:03 PM »
thx stella

i had the mri tonight
it was horrible
i had to lie on my stomach w/ my head turned sideways on this hard plastic thing...my arms had to be stretched out in front of me...it was a 20 min mri and my arms and shoulders were falling asleep and in pain from staying so still...i didnt know it was over and i was just lying in there and i began yelling loudly to the lady in the control room but she did not hear me

Gene, i have had 30 or more of those and i sleep in them now.  :) It sounds like a Hockey game but did you have to drink the contrast or no? Did they inject the dye into you or no??

Thanks Gene  8)
D

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #1928 on: September 10, 2010, 07:21:30 PM »
Gene, i have had 30 or more of those and i sleep in them now.  :) It sounds like a Hockey game but did you have to drink the contrast or no? Did they inject the dye into you or no??

Thanks Gene  8)
no drinking or injecting
w

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #1929 on: September 10, 2010, 07:23:19 PM »
no drinking or injecting

Did you like the sound of the "Rattling"?

;)
D

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #1930 on: September 10, 2010, 07:25:34 PM »
Did you like the sound of the "Rattling"?

;)
that didnt bother me luckily
w

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #1931 on: September 10, 2010, 07:40:33 PM »
that didnt bother me luckily

I took one that was one hour and 45 minutes and slept the entire time.  ;)
D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1932 on: September 10, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »
thx stella

i had the mri tonight
it was horrible

I'm sorry it was a bad experience Gene. :(

Just look forward to the relaxing juice before your surgery....and they do put an IV in before that so just look away and breathe out a little like I said before....you'll be fine.

Gene and Doug, what is the diff between an MRI and a CT Scan? I had to drink a bunch of stuff before a CT Scan.  Than they put meon this table and I had to have my arms above my head so long while I would go in and out of this donut that it was getting painful....

G
R

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #1933 on: September 10, 2010, 07:56:42 PM »
I'm sorry it was a bad experience Gene. :(

Just look forward to the relaxing juice before your surgery....and they do put an IV in before that so just look away and breathe out a little like I said before....you'll be fine.

Gene and Doug, what is the diff between an MRI and a CT Scan? I had to drink a bunch of stuff before a CT Scan.  Than they put meon this table and I had to have my arms above my head so long while I would go in and out of this donut that it was getting painful....

G

When you drink the contrast it helps the Dr look for any tumors or any other major problems.  ;) I have to have my have it done when i get my kidneys and stomach checked out. I have no clue as to why you went in for either or and it is not my business but you need to ask the Dr. or Radiologist why they are wanting you to drink the Dye/Contrast.  ;)

A MRI uses Radio waves and Magnetic fields used to see even deeper into whatever there might be a problem with.  8)

A CT scan is generally used for looking at bones but can also find tumors.  ;)
D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1934 on: September 11, 2010, 06:50:05 AM »
Gene, would you let me, Doug Steele, Chaos, Mr nobody, newmom, and stella look after you while you're sick?
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1935 on: September 11, 2010, 07:54:07 AM »
Gene, I think you should address STellas addiction to iv juice, it can't be healthy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #1936 on: September 11, 2010, 11:29:55 AM »
Gene will workmans comp pay for the surgery since you work at the gym? Also how will you train now even legs require gripping with the arms to some extent maybe you can do some leg presses, leg curls and extensions without much arm involvement.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1937 on: September 12, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »
Gene, I think you should address STellas addiction to iv juice, it can't be healthy.
;D
R

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #1938 on: September 12, 2010, 01:08:48 PM »
Gene if Doug Steele, Chaos, Stella, SF1900, me and maybe Calvin if he isnt intoxicated came up would you watch a Michigan Football game with us all? Now Doug may get excited and want to throw the football inside your place would that be acceptable?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #1939 on: September 12, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »
Gene if Doug Steele, Chaos, Stella, SF1900, me and maybe Calvin if he isnt intoxicated came up would you watch a Michigan Football game with us all? Now Doug may get excited and want to throw the football inside your place would that be acceptable?

I REALLY WOULD WANT TO.  :D :D
D

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #1940 on: September 12, 2010, 03:03:38 PM »
u all can come over yes
but no football in my apartment
not outside my front door
not on the sidewalk outside my building
etc etc
w

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1941 on: September 12, 2010, 03:37:36 PM »
Gene do you noisy neighbors watch football? Maybe we can send Douglas over there while we have a relaxing time playing Uno, listening to Reggae, eating Fondu and tofu bites.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #1942 on: September 12, 2010, 03:58:24 PM »
Gene do you noisy neighbors watch football? Maybe we can send Douglas over there while we have a relaxing time playing Uno, listening to Reggae, eating Fondu and tofu bites.
my neighbors in my building  are spanish, jamacian, and indian...they are so loud and all i ever smell is spicy foods cooking in the hallways...i dont think they watch football...they just play loud music and talk real loud all the time
w

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #1943 on: September 12, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »
my neighbors in my building  are spanish, jamacian, and indian...they are so loud and all i ever smell is spicy foods cooking in the hallways...i dont think they watch football...they just play loud music and talk real loud all the time

Gene, would you like me to take the Jewel from their heads?  ??? ??? Could  help you raise some more money and get a better place.   8) 8)
D

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #1944 on: September 12, 2010, 05:20:42 PM »
Gene, would you like me to take the Jewel from their heads?  ??? ??? Could  help you raise some more money and get a better place.   8) 8)
im hoping to move in about 2-5 years
w

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #1945 on: September 12, 2010, 05:38:52 PM »
im hoping to move in about 2-5 years

you need to be more postive Gene and say about 2-5 weeks.  :D :D I cannot be around Towel Heads, Mexicans, Indians and the rest.  :D :D :D
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #1946 on: September 12, 2010, 05:45:22 PM »
Gene you are tough how can you handle this nightly? Maybe fans, ear muffs and nose clips?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #1947 on: September 12, 2010, 05:54:08 PM »
you need to be more postive Gene and say about 2-5 weeks.  :D :D I cannot be around Towel Heads, Mexicans, Indians and the rest.  :D :D :D
im in no rush to move

Gene you are tough how can you handle this nightly? Maybe fans, ear muffs and nose clips?
i wear an eye mask and use ear plugs most nights
i have this large fan that makes a lot of noise to cover up my neighbors noise
but lately its been cold @ night so i use the ear plugs
w

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #1948 on: September 12, 2010, 06:10:41 PM »
im in no rush to move
i wear an eye mask and use ear plugs most nights
i have this large fan that makes a lot of noise to cover up my neighbors noise
but lately its been cold @ night so i use the ear plugs
Gene can you move sooner? Sounds like alot of stress can you hear people having sex before you put on the ear plugs and fan?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #1949 on: September 12, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »
Gene, are you still getting woke up by the garbage trucks?  :-\ :-\
D