Author Topic: being in the gym without music is the most depressing thing, i just went home  (Read 4560 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
my shit new portable music player's battery died again after 10 seconds and i was left there without music at the start of a leg workout

i felt an overwhelming feeling op hopelessness and went home

i can't take it, all the senseless talking from losers who lost their dreams

the endless bro science from assholes with nothing to do

in short, recommend me  A SUPER RELIABLE PORTABLE MUSIC PLAYER, IDEALLY ONE THAT IS VERY SMALL AND HAS SUPER LASTING BATTERY

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

Army of One

• Getbig V
my shit new portable music player's battery died again after 10 seconds and i was left there without music at the start of a leg workout

i felt an overwhelming feeling op hopelessness and went home

i can't take it, all the senseless talking from losers who lost their dreams

the endless bro science from assholes with nothing to do

in short, recommend me  A SUPER RELIABLE PORTABLE MUSIC PLAYER, IDEALLY ONE THAT IS VERY SMALL AND HAS SUPER LASTING BATTERY

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

Try running without music, its even worse,I can run 10 miles with music, without I give up after half a mile.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Try running without music, its even worse,I can run 10 miles with music, without I give up after half a mile.

Epic real response to fictional story.
Y

Nomad

• Getbig IV
ipod nano 6 generation 16gb.

Really small.

Touch screen.

10+ hrs of battery life.
all drugs - TPPIIP

thebrink

• Getbig V
workout of silence of peace  ::)

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
gym with no music is the way to go. instead of listening something you don't like, get your wireless headphones, smart phone and there you go.
I have just bought these ones, Plantronics Backbeat 903 + 
can't wait to use them.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Eh, nothing wrong with working out with no music.

Anabolichalo, you may want to train without music so you can get in touch with your muscles. Become one with them.
X

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

Great, don't comeback to this forum  ;D

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
F A G you are. Music not needed to be hardcore

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Yes go old school style.

My gym has 2 floors. The basement does not have a sound system. Sometimes its cool to train to no music.

Personally, I am not one to put headphones on. I hate the freaking wire. Always getting in the way and I hate music blasting in my ears.
X

cephissus

• Getbig V
who really trains with headphones ???

seriously, i dont know any long time lifters who train with headphones.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
who really trains with headphones ???

seriously, i dont know any long time lifters who train with headphones.

About every person in my gym trains with ear/headphones.

The question is:

Who DOESNT train with some form of music in their ears while lifting? Seems like most people do these days.
X

Mawse

• Getbig IV
Normally yes, luckily my gym plays drum step / dnb during the day so its not a disaster if I forget my iPod

The worst thing is having to listen to the bros talking to each other about how hardcore they are

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Normally yes, luckily my gym plays drum step / dnb during the day so its not a disaster if I forget my iPod

The worst thing is having to listen to the bros talking to each other about how hardcore they are
:(

yup

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Who runs with headphones on? Unless you are on a treadmill, You don't get rid of one of your senses. Besides, running without headphones helps to clear one's head of thoughts and you can concentrate on your surroundings

nextgen

• Getbig II
all you hardcore guys saying fuck headphones.. i guess you all train in hardcore bbing gyms..

try training without headphones on a monday at 6.30pm at any 'normal people' gym.. the amount of sheer bullshit you will overhear and notice happening around you will just take over your mind and suddenly that 5 plate squat doesn't seem so appealing anymore

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
do u not own a smartphone?

I have an ipod touch, 2 nano's, and a shuffle... but I haven't used them in years.

smartphones are cheap dude. put in it a spibelt www.spibelt.com on back and leg day so the bars don't smash it in your pocket... good luck getting those arm bands to fit.

nextgen

• Getbig II
do u not own a smartphone?

I have an ipod touch, 2 nano's, and a shuffle... but I haven't used them in years.

smartphones are cheap dude. put in it a spibelt www.spibelt.com on back and leg day so the bars don't smash it in your pocket... good luck getting those arm bands to fit.

no just tuck it into the loops on your weight belt, I do this everytime, works perfectly

Parker

• Getbig V
all you hardcore guys saying fuck headphones.. i guess you all train in hardcore bbing gyms..

try training without headphones on a monday at 6.30pm at any 'normal people' gym.. the amount of sheer bullshit you will overhear and notice happening around you will just take over your mind and suddenly that 5 plate squat doesn't seem so appealing anymore
tune it out...or should I say, imagine if you were training "penitentiary style"...they don't have headphones in the penitentiary, correct  ;D  ;D

nextgen

• Getbig II
tune it out...or should I say, imagine if you were training "penitentiary style"...they don't have headphones in the penitentiary, correct  ;D  ;D

i imagine there's a big difference between the atmosphere in the 'pen' and the atmosphere in a 24h fitness blasting out justin bieber, swarmed in huddles of 16 year old boys and middle aged mothers

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
When you rely too much on external factors, this is what you get. You need to master your mind, and this was a good opportunity to do so.

cephissus

• Getbig V
i imagine there's a big difference between the atmosphere in the 'pen' and the atmosphere in a 24h fitness blasting out justin bieber, swarmed in huddles of 16 year old boys and middle aged mothers

i train in sort of a bodybuilding-ish gym (compared to say, 24 hour or la fitness), but this stuff doesn't bother me at all.  the only thing that gets to me is young kids doing cringe-worthy workouts -- forced reps every set, awful form (as advised by the "expert" friend who's been lifting for 6 months ::)), useless exercises, etc.  i want to set them on the right track, but most of the time it's probably pointless, so i rarely say anything.

honestly i don't think i could ever workout to loud, headphone music again.  tried it once or twice... i can't concentrate, and i don't really get "pumped up" by music or use it to avoid boredom either.  if anything, i'd prefer the gym didn't even play music.

booty

• Getbig V
Eh, nothing wrong with working out with no music.

Anabolichalo, you may want to train without music so you can get in touch with your muscles. Become one with them.
Agreed. You will find you will focus more on each rep.

Parker

• Getbig V
true...