Author Topic: Biggest Boxing match has been made for May 2007.  (Read 2141 times)

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Biggest Boxing match has been made for May 2007.
« on: November 13, 2006, 09:37:23 PM »
The "Golden Boy" Oscar De La Hoya will defend his junior middleweight championship May 5 on HBO PPV against welterweight champ and pound-for-pound king "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather Jr.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2661028

Look like it's a done deal for all you fight fans. Will either be in Vegas, or L.A. either way I'll have a reason to head out to the west from Miami in May of next year to check this one out.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: Biggest Boxing match has been made for May 2007.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:40:33 PM »
thats rad...seems quite close to Floyds last fight though

guess you gotta get on these things when you can

ps

oscar will win in 7

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 06:00:17 AM »
well this will be Floyds last fight  ::)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 06:07:04 AM »
well this will be Floyds last fight  ::)

whats your point lil migsy two cents titmouse?

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 06:10:50 AM »
just saying that he would take the Oscar fight the day agter a normal fight to cash in on the payday even if he knew he would lose.  besides no boxer really retires the first time.  After Oscar there will be another fight.  My lil two cents worth.  ;D

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 06:16:13 AM »
thats true, but that is why i also said "gotta get on these things when you can".

Floyd is no slouch and oscar is getting paid as well so there would have been some leverage Im sure

just seems close and your two cents is always welcome  :D

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 06:38:10 AM »

mayweather tribute

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 08:52:48 AM »
it will be a good payday.  it is a little close, but since he didnt get  concussion or severe head trauma 6 months is fine

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 09:05:41 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I think Mayweather, Jr. will win this fight.  But every time these guys seem invincible, someone comes along and knocks them on their can (ala shane mosley, roy jones jr., etc)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 09:19:04 AM »
Mayweather is making a wise decision.

He would've been raped by Hatton and several other fighters.

De La Hoya isn't the fighter he used to be, but will most likely pull it all together and punish Mayweather.

I believe Mayweather underestimates DeLaHoya on this one, actually.

De La Hoya should spank Mayweather, and then retire.

I predict an 8th or 9th round TKO, or Mayweather simply giving up in a late round, not coming out for the bell.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 10:45:49 AM »
Hmmm, I'm not so sure - I reckon Mayweather could take it, probably not on knockdown but just by brawling for twelve rounds.

It's a shame we'll never get to see him fight Hatton though. That's one that I'd pay to see.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 01:27:37 PM »
Mayweather, as good a fighter as he is, will stink the joint out.  He's a runner and is afaraid to get hit.  Durring the last 2 rounds with his fight with Baldamore, most of the high rollers walked.  That's something a fan would never do to Sugar Ray Leonard, Hearns, Duran or any of the legends in the ring.  Floyd knows his hands are too brittle to slug so he's looking for a big money fight and retire.  I'll probably watch the fight, never miss any of em even though it will be a track meet unless Floyd gets off his toes and makes a fight out of it.  If not and he retires after this fight win, loose or draw, he won't make it into the HOF, IMO.  1 word BOARING.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 01:45:20 PM »
Floyd's been disappointing at the end of his career, but he is definitely a lock for the Hall of Fame. If Matthew Saad Muhammad and Barry Maguigan(sp) can get in, I'm pretty sure that they will let in an undefeated four-weight champion,who was also linear welter champ. His resume at super feather and lightweight should be enough to get him in.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 01:48:59 PM »
The sport of boxing is so boring and a dead sport.  I'd rather watch Ultimate Fighting any day of the week.  Besides, Mayweather will KO de la hoya within 3 rounds.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »
The sport of boxing is so boring and a dead sport.  I'd rather watch Ultimate Fighting any day of the week.  Besides, Mayweather will KO de la hoya within 3 rounds.

I don't know how anyone can even watch boxing anymore when you have way better physical contact sports out there to watch.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 08:27:58 PM »
I don't know how anyone can even watch boxing anymore when you have way better physical contact sports out there to watch.

Boxing is chess, any other 'physical' sport is checkers in comparrison

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 06:15:42 AM »
Father and son  ;D ;D gotta love it....talk about no love for the other side at all. LMAO!
<For those who don't know, Floyd jr's father is/has been training oscar for awhile now, Floyd dislikes his father just a little..lol>

"L'il Floyd can't just run backward. He thinks he'll run, but he's got to throw. And Oscar will throw and he'll do it with bad intentions."
-- Floyd Mayweather Sr.

"The last fight will be toe-to-toe. Oscar won't have to chase me, I'll be coming forward."
-- Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"My father can say whatever he wants to say," the WBC welterweight champion said. "He's said he taught me everything I know but not everything he knows. I'm glad he didn't, because then my record would be like his."-- Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"He lost to one legend, Sugar Ray Leonard [by 10th-round TKO in 1978] but his other losses were to journeymen and cab drivers."-- Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"I don't have to whip his ass and I'll still spank him. That night, he will respect me, even if we don't speak again, he will respect my skills. He'll know he shouldn't have been on the other side of the fence."
-- Floyd Mayweather Sr.

"My father should win trainer of the year if Oscar beats me," he said. "I know when we win, Roger will get trainer of the year."
-- Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 06:18:01 AM »
Speaking to a friend at work today and we assumed mayweather senior would pull out

thats gonna make it interesting!  ;D

amc1980

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 06:41:57 AM »
I bet Christmas at the Mayweather household will be a friendly affair this year.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 06:42:20 AM »
Floyd will be KO'd for the first and last time in his career. He thinks that he can beat Oscar ..Oscar knows that this is the fight of fights ...wow...Im excited !!
The Number 2 in Scranton

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 08:22:53 AM »
Speaking to a friend at work today and we assumed mayweather senior would pull out

thats gonna make it interesting!  ;D

Yeah, I thought the same. I also thought those two had worked out their differences around the time when Floyd fought Diego corralas (guess I was wrong).

The press conference next year will be off the chain for sure. Roger Mayweather (Floyd uncle) will be there. The two brothers will probably exchange venom. Then the fighters will talk sh*t to hype this fight even more.

LMAO. I smell a pier 6 brawl in the making in 07.

MiniMiggy

• Getbig II
  • The Earth is your only home. Treat it well.
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 09:14:53 AM »
boxing is violent and sweaty. and sometimes they even bleed.  why do people want to do this to each other? and why do others want to watch?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 09:28:34 AM »
boxing is violent and sweaty. and sometimes they even bleed.  why do people want to do this to each other? and why do others want to watch?

It is too much and too complicated for the faint of heart to ever understand..... plain and simple!

amc1980

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 09:51:08 AM »
Yeah, I thought the same. I also thought those two had worked out their differences around the time when Floyd fought Diego corralas (guess I was wrong).

The press conference next year will be off the chain for sure. Roger Mayweather (Floyd uncle) will be there. The two brothers will probably exchange venom. Then the fighters will talk sh*t to hype this fight even more.

LMAO. I smell a pier 6 brawl in the making in 07.

I think it's safe to say that Jeff got the share of brains for that family.

MiniMiggy

• Getbig II
  • The Earth is your only home. Treat it well.
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 09:55:09 AM »
It is too much and too complicated for the faint of heart to ever understand..... plain and simple!

I'm not faint of heart.