Author Topic: 2007 ALL STAR CLASSIC updates & results  (Read 22552 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: 2007 ALL STAR CLASSIC updates & results
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2007, 07:34:19 PM »
problems ???? Thats an understatement man!!  I'm still laughing at my stupid self  HAHAH !! If you only felt the sheer panic I went through in the first few seconds of my routine...it's worth a laugh now..... but whoowee!!!!  I must say it feels kind of bitter sweet (more sweet as the hours pass) and I'm so happy for my place.  I'm almost 100% decided on NOT doing AC.  End the season strong and take a good 9 months off!!  This was a real competition and it was fun!!  It's all about being on game. 
Intense...I love it!!  Congrats to Oksana !!!  Very sweet girl . (her husband is very nice too!!)  Had soooo much fun this weekend !!! 
I could sense your panic but you did a good job of rolling with it and still did a solid routine. Wait... 9 months off? You're not trying to tell us you're the next pro momma on the board are you?

Take care of that knee and we'll see you at the Met-Rx/Worldwide booth at the Olympia, right?

Elevate Your Image.™

pinky

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2007, 07:51:57 PM »
I could sense your panic but you did a good job of rolling with it and still did a solid routine. Wait... 9 months off? You're not trying to tell us you're the next pro momma on the board are you?

Take care of that knee and we'll see you at the Met-Rx/Worldwide booth at the Olympia, right?

Oh man...pregnant??  I wish.  I know "9 months is the weird part"...but Mike and everybody else (judges too)say I've been going non stop for a while.  So I'm gonna heal up ...surgery may be needed.  But yes I'll be at the Met-Rx booth for the "O"  And I will still be at Ac only not competing.  Met-Rx has already paid my way...so I'll work and try not to be to sad at watching instead of competing. 

See ya...hope your travel home was comfortable :)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2007, 08:04:08 PM »
Oh man...pregnant??  I wish.  I know "9 months is the weird part"...but Mike and everybody else (judges too)say I've been going non stop for a while.  So I'm gonna heal up ...surgery may be needed.  But yes I'll be at the Met-Rx booth for the "O"  And I will still be at Ac only not competing.  Met-Rx has already paid my way...so I'll work and try not to be to sad at watching instead of competing. 

See ya...hope your travel home was comfortable :)
I'm sure you'll keep yourself busy even if it isn't on the fitness stage. I agree, you have been going nons-stop for awhile an your body will thank you.

Can you write us a getbig song for the Olympia?  ;D (Those who don't know, Amy is a great singer along with the many other facets she's mastered).
Elevate Your Image.™

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2007, 11:28:04 PM »

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2007, 02:37:41 AM »
Parker and Bailey both showed what kids can do when they have the mindset. These two girls will be All Stars one day!!!
Victor

Bailey did an outstanding job at the MO State show, too!  She was fun to watch up on stage telling all those big bodybuilder girls and guys exactly where to stand before she gave them their swords.... lol    I agree she'll be an all-star herself one day, and she must have been really proud of how great her mother looked this weekend according to the pics I've seen!  Lorie's routine is always fun to watch too.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Shannon Dey

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2007, 07:27:20 AM »
Congrats to all of the All Star Classic Girls!!!  It looks like the show was a ton of fun!!

A special congrats to Sandra Wickham!  WAY TO GO GIRL!!  I couldn't be happier for you...you definately deserved it!!!!! ;D

xoxo

-Shannon Dey
shannondey.net

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2007, 08:57:52 AM »
Hello Everyone!

I must say even though I didn't place very well this show it was still a great victory for me.
I really felt the Love in my Home Town from all of my Arkansas Peeps!!! Thank You!  ;D
But my Proudest moment was seeing my daughter get up on that stage and do her thing!!! I Love her so much and it was such and honer to watch her get up there and accomplish her goal! And that little parker who I have been coaching sense she was a little peep, She not scared of nothing!!!
Thanks to all the girls for being so sweet to Bailey backstage!  ;)
She looks up to all of you!
Sandra I'm so excited about your placing you were very deserving!!!
Julie my girl you were too!!!
Tanji You always Rock!
Amy bless you heart you hung in there with your knee!! Hardcore girl!
Oksana It couldn't have happen to a better person to qualify!!!
Your beautiful and I love that your routine is differant!

God bless everyone!
Lorie Kimes

pinky

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2007, 12:27:40 PM »
I'm sure you'll keep yourself busy even if it isn't on the fitness stage. I agree, you have been going nons-stop for awhile an your body will thank you.

Can you write us a getbig song for the Olympia?  ;D (Those who don't know, Amy is a great singer along with the many other facets she's mastered).

Oh boy ....music writting.  You know I have never let anybody hear my songs I have written??  But that would be funny...a GETBIG song.   heheheh!!  In my head you do not want to hear what I'm hearing!!

Sandra Wickham

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2007, 01:43:50 PM »
Wow!!  What a great trip! 

Donna, Katie, Shannon, Lori, thanks, thanks, THANKS for the kind words-that means a lot coming from my fellow IFBB fitness gals!  HUGE thanks to ALL the Pro Fitness girls in the All Star Pro who cheered me on and gave me hugs and congratulations backstage afterwards.  You gals ROCK! 

I have to thank Roxana and Laurie for making me look FAB-U-LOUS out there on stage!!  Laurie, I’ll get back to you “in a hot second” girl!

It was great to get to talk to Kendra and Michael Elias a bit more at this show, we’ll see you guys in Spain!!  I was also thrilled to see Angie Semsch who I’ve missed having backstage at the shows this year!!  ;) 

Okasana-congratulations on your Olympia qualification!!  The moment when you realized you were in the top three was PRICELESS!!  You go girl!!

Once again we had a blast after the show-thanks to Rick, Julie, Steph, Tanji, Amy, Bridgette (and her mom!) for more great post-competition memories!!  Ross and I really appreciate the times we get to all hang out together!  Special thanks to Bridgette for making my gut ache from laughing the entire weekend! 

Last but not least, thanks to Chad and Kim for a fantastic, extremely well organized and executed event.  Kim always goes the extra mile to make us all feel like superstars!!  The crowd was GREAT and really cheered us on through the routines.  Perhaps hometown gals Lorie and Sandie W have something to do with that!

Am I forgetting anyone?  Ah yes, thank you to the ROCK of my life, Ross.aka Pro Fitness Hubby!!   

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »
Bailey did an outstanding job at the MO State show, too!  She was fun to watch up on stage telling all those big bodybuilder girls and guys exactly where to stand before she gave them their swords.... lol    I agree she'll be an all-star herself one day, and she must have been really proud of how great her mother looked this weekend according to the pics I've seen!  Lorie's routine is always fun to watch too.
Thank you HD! Your Right Bailey is the professional trophy girl at the MO. Show every year!

Love ya,
Lorie

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2007, 06:41:52 PM »
I just wanted to state for the record that Chad and Kim busted their butts all weekend for a wonderful contest. The backstage crew was awesome in making sure that the show was run smoothly. Kudoos to all the contestants that competed. Congrats to Tanji, Julie, and Oksana for their placements. I wanted to also say that it was a joy and a true honor to work with Tanji, Julie, Bridgette, Allison, and Lori backstage. The grace and professionalism that ALL the pros showed towards each other backstage and on stage is truely stunning. Parker and Bailey both showed what kids can do when they have the mindset. These two girls will be All Stars one day!!!

Victor

Victor,
Thank you for making me look pretty!!  :-* You Rock!
And  I agree Bailey & Parker are up and coming ALL-STARS!!! 4-Sure!

Thank you!!!

ProFitnessHubby

• Getbig II
  • www.bcmuscle.com
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2007, 09:39:11 PM »
Sandra's ROCK here.... - I just wanted everyone to know how proud I am of Sandra and her performance at the All Star Classic.  We didn't exactly have a smooth trip to Little Rock.  Our actual travel itinerary looked like this:

8am (Thursday) - left Vancouver via car, heading to Seattle
8:30am - arrived at US border
10:30am - crossed the US border (2 hr unexpected delay!!)
12:15pm - arrived at SeaTac Int'l, just missing our 12:45pm flight to Arkansas via Houston
5:55pm - departed for Houston (next available flight)
12:30am (Friday) - arrived in Houston
1:00am to 5:00am - 'slept' in the Houston airport on floor close to (noisy) underground train station
7:00am - departed for Little Rock
9:30am - arrived at the Peabody Hotel in Little Rock, 1 bag 'lost' between Houston and Little Rock

One of the first things I did after checking into our room was to buy Sandra a card at the Peabody gift shop.  It simply says:

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity - Albert Einstein"

Sandra did nothing but sleep and eat until late afternoon on Friday, we recovered our lost bag and arrived at the 8pm Athlete's Meeting re-energized and refocused.  The difficulties were over and y'all know the rest!!

btw Congrats also to Tanji, Julie, Oksana, and Amy.  All these women are ALL STARS in their own right. 

I want to put a shout out to Rick Lohre and thank him for keeping it real and keeping it fun at the show.   I also want to thank Rick for text messaging me more than a teenage girl on the first day of school!!  Hope you have an international texting plan dude!!!  Rick, UR kewl, ttyl ;) LMAO    All kidding aside, it's great to have other fitness b!tches (FB's) to spend time with at the shows.  Rick's vocabulary there by the way.  When is that exclusive new clothing line coming out?

Speaking of FB's, Shout out to Michael Elias, Kendra's hubby.  It was good meeting you and we are really looking forward to seeing you and Kendra in Santa Susanna Spain in less than 4 weeks.  Micheal is the Marketing Director for ALR Industries and really knows his supps so stop by his booth at the Olympia to get hooked up.

Special thanks to Bridgette Murray for joining Sandra and I at the after-after party.  Thank God for 24 hr room service and ice cream by the pint delivered right to your door.    ;D

Ross

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »
Congratulations ladies...Julie I absolutely LOVE your physique.

Susan, you looked fantastic and now that you know the rules of the 45 second routine you can come back and earn the place you deserve!  Just an FYI, (hope you don't mind me sharing your faux pas) Susan had no idea that you had to do the mandatories in order in the 45 second routine and made the same mistake at the Europa before a competitor this past weekend asked her about it.  Unfortunatley the judges/promoters didn't say anything to her before this weekend and she automatically scored last in that round :( 

Keep your head up.  Miss you!! 
Jennifer

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2007, 11:06:15 PM »
Congratulations ladies...Julie I absolutely LOVE your physique.

Susan, you looked fantastic and now that you know the rules of the 45 second routine you can come back and earn the place you deserve!  Just an FYI, (hope you don't mind me sharing your faux pas) Susan had no idea that you had to do the mandatories in order in the 45 second routine and made the same mistake at the Europa before a competitor this past weekend asked her about it.  Unfortunatley the judges/promoters didn't say anything to her before this weekend and she automatically scored last in that round :( 

Keep your head up.  Miss you!! 
I shot with Susan on Sunday and will post some shots shortly. We talked about it and despite being disappointed she was looking on to her next show. Susan has tremendous shape and when her routines come along, watch out. I've spoke with Jen Hendershott about this as well. I suggested there should be something for new pros on what is different from the NPC shows and some type of an introduction to the IFBB handbook or cliff notes.

There was a great vibe amongst the competitors and if the pros work together to help bring the newbies up to speed on things like this, it will encourage more to participate. It's exciting to see some new names and faces in fitness. No offense to the old timers but it's been awhile since there's been some new names in the mix. Julie Lohre, Oksana and Tanji are all threats to the top 5 this year.

Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2007, 11:26:29 AM »
Wow!!  What a great trip! 

Okasana-congratulations on your Olympia qualification!!  The moment when you realized you were in the top three was PRICELESS!!  You go girl!!

Am I forgetting anyone?  Ah yes, thank you to the ROCK of my life, Ross.aka Pro Fitness Hubby!!   

Sandra nice job this past weekend. You looked your best and your routine rocks. It is the most fun to shoot every time.

The look on Oksana's face was priceless as she didn't realize she had qualified and when it hit her the top five embraced her.

Ross - good to meet ya this weekend. Did you get the video camera figured out?

Elevate Your Image.™

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2007, 03:28:07 PM »
I'm surprised the judges knew which moves were mandatory.  I mean, they've had fitness girls not finish routines and still play in the top 8 in the past. 

Julie Lohre

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.julielohre.com
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2007, 06:50:07 PM »
I'm surprised the judges knew which moves were mandatory.  I mean, they've had fitness girls not finish routines and still play in the top 8 in the past. 

Hi There Fast!  Interestingly, this show really, really felt judged.  We were on stage for a very long time and it was clear they were looking hard.  Even side pose was held for some time.  All of the women walked off stage and both were really sweating and commenting positively about it.  Feels good when you work this hard to have the judges take the extra time.

Thanks so much to everyone for the nice comments.  The All Star was my 10th pro show and my best pro placing yet.  The other competitors could not have been more supportive and we really have a good time!  Congrats to Tanji who consistently brings her best and shows me how to work it.  And Oksana who is very sweet and genuine on top of being gorgeous.   And a serious congrats to Sandra Wickham... you are amazing and I can't wait to see you in Spain (well, photos of you bc for the record, that is the one fitness show I am not doing  ;)
Most of all, thank you to Kim & Chad for another outstanding show.  The really take care of the athletes with everything from a embroidered fitness bags full of goodies, prize money out to 5th place and a stage that is meant for fitness routines.  Not only that, we were finished by 9:00 and actually got to eat before every restaurant in town was closed.  In fact, we never had to sit around and wait for anything.  They had us informed the entire time.  Why more women did not compete is beyond me.  If you missed this one, don't let that happen next year.

See y'all soon!
Julie   :)

ProFitnessHubby

• Getbig II
  • www.bcmuscle.com
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »
Ross - good to meet ya this weekend. Did you get the video camera figured out?

Isaac, good to meet you as well.  I think Rick was right, I must have scratched the disc I was recording on through my excitement induced hand shaking.  Slid in a new disc and I was good to go for the night show.  Awesome pic of Sandra posted above, that just might be my favorite all time routine pic of Air Wickham

Julie, I will be calling or texting you and Rick up on September 23rd to let you know the results of the Santa Susanna Grand Prix.  There's nothing Sandra wants more than to compete in the Olympia this year....keep your fingers crossed.

bmurray

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2007, 05:03:11 PM »
Hi all!

I have to post to agree with everything else that has been posted!  Sandra- you ROCK (and Ross you are a good "Rock" you see the difference? Just kidding, you rock too! ;D) I am so happy for you and it was more than deserved! Ok so who ever head that a 'variety of flavors' only means Vanilla and Chocolate? Thanks to your creativity we had ice cream flavors that can't be found in stores!  I can't wait to hear what happens in Spain and come see you for your show in November!
Oksana- you are so genuine and beautiful and I am very happy that you are going to be at the O and add a little different taste to fitness.
Susan, keep your head up, your moving in the right direction! (for the record, her routine is already fixed and she is ready to go for it in AC!)
Julie- congrats, you always look amazing, and you are too funny when you get tired...keep on laughing!
Tanji- I am glad that I got a chance to get to know you a bit better- you are just a blast...thanks for the earrings to add a little bling to the getup and for being the only other gal to wear your hair up to avoid the sweaty back...whoo hoo!! :)  I hope to see you when you are in town for your reunion later this year- we have an extra bedroom if you need to crash somewhere!
This show (although I didn't do so good) was the best fitness show I have been to.  Kim and Chad really know how to treat their athletes and I won't miss it again, that's for sure!  AND, one more thing for the record...DANIEL IS NEVER ALLOWED TO STAY AT HOME AGAIN - HE IS MY ONLY SANITY, AND MY ROCK!

That's it for now, I have to go...my puppy is chewing my fingers off! 
See you in AC!!
Bridgette

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2007, 07:52:14 PM »
Hello Everyone, a little late to the Hooray party here  ;D

I just want to say, it's great that everyone is so supportive and friendly.  The people Julie and I have had the opportunity to meet through this sport is amazing.  I really value the friendships that have grown from getting to hang out with everyone at the shows. 

I could go through everyone and say something really nice, but then again, you all know you are a great bunch of people.  Anyhow, it was great to see everyone, and can't wait to see lots of you in AC and at the O. 

Bridgette, thanks for dinner, make sure your mom knows we really appreciated her gesture!

Isaac, thanks for the beer, I'll have to buy you one in vegas...didn't they say there was someplace that served 50 cent Heinekens  ;D  ;)

Kim and Chad...gotta say...didn't think you could do it, but you topped last year.  I can't believe we actually got to have a meal and didn't have to fight a restaurant tooth and nail to stay open to feed us.  That has almost NEVER happened after a show.  Your professional approach towards putting on a show "for" the athletes is much appreciated!

Rick

Roxy

• Getbig I
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2007, 08:26:39 AM »
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank all of you for a great weekend!  :) It was a real pleasure working with you all...Tanji, Sandra, Sharon, Oksana, Allison, Lorie, Jennifer, and Amy (You're so cute!)!

Tanji...you are awesome girl! Can't wait to see what you'll have up your sleeve for the O! Sandra...wow! I am so happy for you...CONGRATS! It was great to see you again! Oksana... I'm glad to have met you...your routine was just amazing! See you at the O! :) Lorie...it was priceless to see you and your little girl getting ready together backstage and then watch her eat pizza like she'd been dieting for just as long as you had! :)

Thank you to Chad and Kim for a great quality show! It was evident that your main focus is on the competitors. It was a pleasure to see the perfect combination of personal and professional service.

See you all next year!  :)

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2007, 01:41:39 PM »
Thank you Roxy! You Rock yourself!!! You took such great care of us back stage!  :)
It's so nice to have no worries about your color!  ;D

Soooo When are you going to renew your vows @ Disney World?!?!
Don't forget to invite me!!! hehehehehe!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2007, 02:22:37 PM »
Lorie aka "The Duckmaster"!

;D

Elevate Your Image.™

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2007, 02:56:07 PM »
I had a feeling you were going to post that Pic Isaac!!
You know you gotta love ya some Arkansas!!! :-*

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2007, 09:27:40 PM »
Isaac, good to meet you as well.  I think Rick was right, I must have scratched the disc I was recording on through my excitement induced hand shaking.  Slid in a new disc and I was good to go for the night show.  Awesome pic of Sandra posted above, that just might be my favorite all time routine pic of Air Wickham

Julie, I will be calling or texting you and Rick up on September 23rd to let you know the results of the Santa Susanna Grand Prix.  There's nothing Sandra wants more than to compete in the Olympia this year....keep your fingers crossed.
Definitely Wicked Air with Sandra. Good luck at the Grand Prix!  Sandra has improved each show this year and definitely improved from last year.

A few more of you Air Wickham from the Europa. Hope to see ya on stage at the O, Sandra.

Elevate Your Image.™