Author Topic: i just had a bodyfat evaluation done, & oh my god!  (Read 1685 times)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
i just had a bodyfat evaluation done, & oh my god!
« on: September 25, 2007, 03:59:07 PM »
hey bros! i had an evaluation done on saturday just for the hell of it, and i was shocked as hell by the results. first of all, i'm 5'6, 185lbs, large frame, and not a wrestler. my exercise intensity is not too intense, and nor is my frequency. i also have a sit down job. here were my results:  body fat is 26.9%,  fat weight is 49.7lbs, lean weight  is 135.3lbs,  water is 46.07 liters or 54.8% and my body mass index is 29.1.  i'm 39 by the way.  i fall in the very poor range. according to the met life insurance height and weight table, i should be between 149 & 168lbs. i'm 17% above my ideal weight. (my waist is almost a 40 too), roughly a 39. i fit in some 38 pants still.  anyway, i find this all hard to believe. alot of my friends told me there is no way i have 49 lbs of fat on me! (maybe 1/2 this!) i have a thick upper body frame, and am pretty broad. can the water account for some of this weight figure? i had the test done with some electrode pad which was put on my arm, and it gave me these results. i also ate lunch about 1 1/2 hours prior to the test. in college i had the test done when i was 19, and i had about 10% body fat on me then, but i also was only about 125lbs or so. i was a stick!   i wish i had a pic to post so you can judge for yourselves, but i have no pic or means of posting a pic with my shitty computer i have!  what would you guys suggest i do? i hate cardio! tried fat burners, and none seem to make me lose anymore than 5lbs! help me dudes! i'm a fat fuckin' slob!  :'(

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: i just had a bodyfat evaluation done, & oh my god!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:04:20 PM »
26.9% huh....yeah you are pretty overweight bro.
cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. dont eat anything after dinner. keep your calories low...high protein, moderate carbs, low fats. in fact, make 100% of your fat intake healthy fats.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:41:45 PM »
26.9% huh....yeah you are pretty overweight bro.
cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. dont eat anything after dinner. keep your calories low...high protein, moderate carbs, low fats. in fact, make 100% of your fat intake healthy fats.

whatever you do take candy's advice with a grain of salt...

26% bf is high, but not bad for an American...

Given your age you need to look at long term lifestyle changes, i would make an appointment to see a certified dietician.  Before you go for the appointment track everything you eat for a week and bring that list with you.  Have them help you build a meal plan that you can commit to comfortably (you may have family commitments).

As for an exercise program, come post on the training board and I'm sure someone like jpm can help you out.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 04:55:24 PM »

whatever you do take candy's advice with a grain of salt...

ummmmm and what part of what i said was wrong; you bastard?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 05:10:34 PM »
ummmmm and what part of what i said was wrong; you bastard?

chill out

cardio in the morning on an empty stomach can actually be counter productive because it will create a huge insulin spike when he does eat

diet should consist of 50% carbs, 30% protein & 20% fat (most of which should be healthy)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 05:30:03 PM »
yeah 50 30 20 for soemone that doesnt train, doesnt exercise, and just wants to maintain their body shape.

a bodybuilding diet IS NOT the same as a normal human being diet.

get this into your head.

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 05:46:13 PM »
 I would also recommend cardio before breakfast you'll burn more fat then if you do it later after your full of carbs. If you cant do it In the morning at least do it sometime. Not many people like cardio, but for most of us  its a must to get as lean as we need to be. If you have a slow metabolism and set at a desk all day you may need to do more cardio.  There are all kinds of diets out there. Find one that works for you and be consistant. Keep the simple carbs to a minimuim. Sounds like you need a life style change more than anything !

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »
I am instituting concentration and forced labour camps for people like you and me (16%). Those who don't meet the mark will be gassed to death, shot or simply worked to death.

Whilst working Woo will take shots of you with his mobile camera to post on getbig; forum members will then assess whether progress is adequate or not and appropriate action will be taken. Should you fail to meet the mark you will be killed.
I hate the State.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 07:54:16 PM »
I am instituting concentration and forced labour camps for people like you and me (16%). Those who don't meet the mark will be gassed to death, shot or simply worked to death.

Whilst working Woo will take shots of you with his mobile camera to post on getbig; forum members will then assess whether progress is adequate or not and appropriate action will be taken. Should you fail to meet the mark you will be killed.

excellent  ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 07:56:45 PM »
40 inch waist is pretty big man. That should have tipped you off that you were obese. Are your pants like a 38 inch waist by 26 inch inseam?
E

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 08:15:09 PM »
hey bros! i had an evaluation done on saturday just for the hell of it, and i was shocked as hell by the results. first of all, i'm 5'6, 185lbs, large frame, and not a wrestler. my exercise intensity is not too intense, and nor is my frequency. i also have a sit down job. here were my results:  body fat is 26.9%,  fat weight is 49.7lbs, lean weight  is 135.3lbs,  water is 46.07 liters or 54.8% and my body mass index is 29.1.  i'm 39 by the way.  i fall in the very poor range. according to the met life insurance height and weight table, i should be between 149 & 168lbs. i'm 17% above my ideal weight. (my waist is almost a 40 too), roughly a 39. i fit in some 38 pants still.  anyway, i find this all hard to believe. alot of my friends told me there is no way i have 49 lbs of fat on me! (maybe 1/2 this!) i have a thick upper body frame, and am pretty broad. can the water account for some of this weight figure? i had the test done with some electrode pad which was put on my arm, and it gave me these results. i also ate lunch about 1 1/2 hours prior to the test. in college i had the test done when i was 19, and i had about 10% body fat on me then, but i also was only about 125lbs or so. i was a stick!   i wish i had a pic to post so you can judge for yourselves, but i have no pic or means of posting a pic with my shitty computer i have!  what would you guys suggest i do? i hate cardio! tried fat burners, and none seem to make me lose anymore than 5lbs! help me dudes! i'm a fat fuckin' slob!  :'(
get your fat ass into the gym and add some intensity to your workouts. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 08:43:33 PM »

I was just about to say RELAX, it's probably not that bad  :-\ but...after re-reading your post  :-\...it just might be.   Anyway, 
according to the met life insurance height and weight table, i should be between 149 & 168lbs. i'm 17% above my ideal weight.
I rarely, if ever go by BMI.  It was developed by MET LIFE and doesn't take a lot of things into account  ::)  A lot of health and life insurance companies use it as an unrealistic guide to deny insurance or over-inflate price.  I know professional BBr's who at competition weight/BF% who were declared obese and denied  ::)    Although the method you used can be accurate (~4%~), the results are affected by hydration, food intake and skin temperature.

You can try the Navy's circumference method and see what that comes up with http://www.he.net/~zone/prothd2.html

Here's some visual references.
:

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 04:21:53 PM »
my pants are around a 38 waist, and inseam is like a who knows?! i usually get 38/29's or 38/30's.  it's not my fault my mother married a short, bald, dumpy polish man. ( i was almost a tall, dark, handsome, 6 foot plus italian stallion with a load of muscle on me, if my mom had married that nice muscular italian dude she was seeing first!)  :'(

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »
5'6'' with a 38 inch waist...
how did you not know you were fat?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 07:13:09 PM »
5'6'' with a 38 inch waist...
how did you not know you were fat?

it's an interesting question  ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 07:23:05 PM »

it's an interesting question  ::)

Haha!  At least Candi did something about it.  This guy thinks he'd measure 15% if he hadn't eaten lunch or had any water.

Your 38" pants are a squeeze at 5'6"?  27% is probably a kind estimate.  At least you look big in clothes!  :-*

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
ok, i did the navy circumfrence method of body fat evaluation & ....
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 04:16:08 PM »
here are my results:  139lbs of lean muscle weight, & 25% bodyfat.  not much of a difference.  :'(

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: ok, i did the navy circumfrence method of body fat evaluation & ....
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 03:07:01 PM »
different from what
Z

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 09:44:24 AM »
never mind! u guys hate me, and r of no help!

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 09:52:22 AM »
never mind! u guys hate me, and r of no help!

Walk it off, Sumo!