Author Topic: The Thing - 2011 (slight spoilers)  (Read 653 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
The Thing - 2011 (slight spoilers)
« on: October 16, 2011, 05:47:14 AM »
Just saw this last night.  Was super stoked just because I love the John Carpenter re-make.  The only reservation was how they were going to make it a "prequel" due to the outpost being Norwegian.  I have to say I was very impressed.  DO NOT leave as soon as credits go.  They wrap up this movie to tie in with the Kurt Russel one.  Especially the guy who kills himself with the straight razor.

Here is the spoiler problems/comments:

1) They did not show the Norwegian team filming the crash site and team members standing around the ship.  Nor did they show them blowing up the ice to reveal the ship.  Disappointing in that regard.  To have the "alien" start the ship to burn the ice over it, why didnt it do that in the first place?

2) The american woman is left by the ship.  I am going to watch it (1981 movie) again, but I think that the American outpost either visits the crash site or does a fly over.  Where did she go?  There is mention of a Russian outpost...but she would not know where that is.

3) They burned a small off shoot of a "thing" down in the ice tomb, so why didnt kurt russle see that when they were walking around by the ice tomb when they were visiting the camp

4) Much like #3, there were too many times where "things" were burned in the outpost that they should have been found when kurt russel and the doc were walking around.

5) Great tip of the hat to the "mouth with teeth" in the abdomen to match the 1981 movie (doc getting his arms chopped off).  Also, great tie in to have the burned remains outside for 1981-american team to take back.

Which they would have used the "bass" sound that they did at the end of 1981 movie in this one.  But hey, thats just me.